forza ivano
May 19, 2021, 11:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,276
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Not sure people are being bitter about it, imho he was a dud for the majority of his contract.

Good luck to the lad he's got a job elsewhere in the league but frankly I think we need better than guy who played well in less than a quarter of his games for us.

understand what you are saying, but Hurst is going to uncover a couple of absolute belters to improve upon the Hewitt & Menayese pairing ( would've cruised the National League) ; can you imagine going back to Waterfall and Pollock?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 86
davmariner
May 19, 2021, 11:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,961
Gold Stars: 79
Don’t mind about this to be honest. Looked ok at centre back but has been pretty shite apart from the last 4 or so months of the season. Not the end of the world.

As far as I’m concerned, Hendrie can leave. He’s been poor.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 86
arryarryarry
May 19, 2021, 11:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Hagrid

foolish comment, he's got a football league club, we are non league, not a lot we can do

wish Elliot all the best, superb at CB

He did play well at centre-back but for much of his time he was a bit meh.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 86
TonySmith
May 19, 2021, 11:16pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +968
Gold Stars: 11
   This thread reminds me of how people rationalize getting dumped. "Oh well, it's her loss. She wasn't that much to look at anyway."  I am very sorry to see Hewitt go. He's a footballer and  looked a cut above most league two center backs, in my opinion, as well as being versatile enough to fill in when needed at full back or in midfield. I was really hoping Hurst might find a way to keep the defense of the last three months or so together. It's certainly not their fault we couldn't score the goals to win games and a solid back line will be essential if we are to have any hope of immediate promotion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 86
arryarryarry
May 19, 2021, 11:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from GollyGTFC

He’s heading to Greater Manchester...

Crikey, have they moved Mansfield?

Do the people who live there know?
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 86
KingstonMariner
May 19, 2021, 11:32pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from TonySmith
   This thread reminds me of how people rationalize getting dumped. "Oh well, it's her loss. She wasn't that much to look at anyway."  I am very sorry to see Hewitt go. He's a footballer and  looked a cut above most league two center backs, in my opinion, as well as being versatile enough to fill in when needed at full back or in midfield. I was really hoping Hurst might find a way to keep the defense of the last three months or so together. It's certainly not their fault we couldn't score the goals to win games and a solid back line will be essential if we are to have any hope of immediate promotion.

Was just about to say the same thing.

Oh she's a slag and he's a creep
She's a tart, he's very cheap
She is a slut, he thinks he's tough
She is a female dog, he is a puff
Yeah yeah, it's not fair
Yeah yeah, it's not fair

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 86
AdamHaddock
May 20, 2021, 3:48am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,844
Gold Stars: 26
Bye Hewitts

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 86
GollyGTFC
May 20, 2021, 6:07am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,048
Gold Stars: 358
Fair play to Hewitt. I know Mansfield pay above average money in L2, but turning down Salford (and the wages they pay) can’t be an easy thing to do for any lower league player.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 57 - 86
pen penfras
May 20, 2021, 8:24am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Not sure people are being bitter about it, imho he was a dud for the majority of his contract.

Good luck to the lad he's got a job elsewhere in the league but frankly I think we need better than guy who played well in less than a quarter of his games for us.

Completely agree with you, but it makes all the complaining about Vernam leaving seem a bit contradictory. He was pretty naff for 2 years before a 5 game spell that everybody then decided he needed keeping at al costs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 86
ska face
May 20, 2021, 9:15am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,760
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from TonySmith

Sorry but this is an absolutely mental, revisionist take which doesn’t seem to be grounded in any reality I’ve experienced. A cut above most L2 centre halves? I think we probably managed, at best, 3 clean sheets with him in the middle of the back 4 in nearly half a season.

As for versatility, the bloke lived off the back of 1 (one) half decent shift away at Scunthorpe in centre mid and he spent most of that game on his árse from what I can remember.

He was better than what came before him this season, but this sudden elevation of the bloke to the next Franco Baresi is unbelievable.  
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hewitt Not Staying

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.