Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 264 Guests

Macca

This thread currently has 8,718 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
May 12, 2021, 2:36pm
Guest User
Quoted from Hagrid

1st half of the season being asked to play around at the back, after Eastwood came in I thought his performances were much improved

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but he STILL does not command his area at all, in fact he doesn't command his 6 yard area either.    Have you ever seen him come out to the penalty spot or further to gat the ball?  I certainly haven't.

Reply: 20 - 56
dapperz fun pub
May 12, 2021, 5:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from 123614

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but he STILL does not command his area at all, in fact he doesn't command his 6 yard area either.    Have you ever seen him come out to the penalty spot or further to gat the ball?  I certainly haven't.

Many on here fall in to the trap of he’s a good bloke he’s a good pro which is correct on both counts I’m told but all I’m bothered about is he a good goal keeper imo we need better.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 56
LocalLadGTFC
May 12, 2021, 6:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,190
Gold Stars: 136
Going off the whole of last season i'd agree we need better but going off since PH arrived he definitely has upped his level. Look's like he's going to be first choice with Battersby back up and I for one am not concerned.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 56
DB
May 12, 2021, 7:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,002
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Hagrid

1st half of the season being asked to play around at the back, after Eastwood came in I thought his performances were much improved

In the first half of the season, I think he had a big problem that affected his confidence. The problem was a flat cap, a west country accent, and the threat he was going out on loan.

Normality returned with him when Eastwood arrived and his confidence has returned, but not as good as previous levels. I think he's worth persevering with this coming season and then take it from there.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 56
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
May 12, 2021, 8:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,825
Gold Stars: 553
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Is a testimonial tax free?

The first £100k is usually tax free (subject to conditions)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 56
Mariner_501
May 12, 2021, 8:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
He was one of the reasons we went down. Absolute trash most of the season and people only seem to rate him highly because he’s been here so long. Wouldn’t be arsed if he left.

But, would wish him well if he were to leave. Probably is a town fan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 56
GhostDan
May 12, 2021, 10:25pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Mariner_501
He was one of the reasons we went down. Absolute trash most of the season and people only seem to rate him highly because he’s been here so long. Wouldn’t be arsed if he left.

Opinions & all that but I wouldn’t have Macca anywhere even remotely near the top of a list of reasons we went down.

It’s no coincidence our defence and keeper suddenly looked more stable when we had better players further up the pitch who could hold and take care of the ball better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 56
KingstonMariner
May 12, 2021, 10:44pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Mariner_501

“Trash”?!!!!

Really. Get some perspective.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 56
Mariner_501
May 12, 2021, 10:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
He lost his place to a 400 year old keeper (albeit a good one back in the day)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 56
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
May 12, 2021, 11:23pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +841
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from diehardmariner
Until the last few games I would have thought Scannell was on his way out, but the fact that he's given him some game time and had him on the bench

Yes but you also have to remember towards the end of the season both Hanson and Green were in the team.......and we know what's happened to them!

The only difference in reality is Scannell has time left on his contract. Doesn't go to mean he is wanted by Hurst, just that as it stands he is still a GTFC player. That can change very quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Macca

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.