6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
May 5, 2021, 10:46pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I agree with Dogger on this, but I think he’s drawn the wrong conclusion about not joining the Trust. He should have joined then to cast his vote, and he should join now to avoid something like that happening again. Those who didn’t join are as much to blame as those members who voted to support the handover of the shares.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 58
davmariner
May 5, 2021, 11:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,924
Gold Stars: 79
I’m just pleased he’s now the past. UTM and in Jason and Andrew we trust.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 58
DB
May 6, 2021, 4:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,002
Gold Stars: 386
Both Jason and Andrew wouldn't be drawn into commenting on the past and want it to be left where it is in the past and move on to a positive future with a new culture.

I wasn't a member of the trust in the past but I am now. I just agree with what both of them have said, draw a line and leave the past where it is. It is time to move on as a trust to a new and better future with the club. Let the past go into the history books to be remembered and not forgotten.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 58
buckstown
May 6, 2021, 7:53am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,180
Gold Stars: 79
What a pleasure to listen to these guys. They seem genuinely excited about the position they're in and the opportunities ahead
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 58
MarinerMal
May 6, 2021, 1:16pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +782
Gold Stars: 17
Enjoyed the interview. They seemed honest and up front about what they intend to do.

Rebuilding the infrastructure and the culture of the football club is absolutely essential. Fenty has a lot to answer for about how he neglected those over his disastrous time in charge of the club.

It doesn't seem like a new stadium will happen anytime soon though. I wonder if that went out of the window when Shutes backed out?

Good luck to them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 58
forza ivano
May 6, 2021, 4:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from MarinerMal
Enjoyed the interview. They seemed honest and up front about what they intend to do.

Rebuilding the infrastructure and the culture of the football club is absolutely essential. Fenty has a lot to answer for about how he neglected those over his disastrous time in charge of the club.

It doesn't seem like a new stadium will happen anytime soon though. I wonder if that went out of the window when Shutes backed out?

Good luck to them.

don't think its gone out of the window, but it's not an immediate priority. they have to get their principles and ethos established within the club first of all, and get everybody working together.
think it's pretty obvious the whole club is in a mess.the staff and Hurst in particular need help and support.
as they said it's no use spunking millions on a vanity project when we can't even fill BP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 58
MarinerMal
May 6, 2021, 4:31pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +782
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from forza ivano

don't think its gone out of the window, but it's not an immediate priority. they have to get their principles and ethos established within the club first of all, and get everybody working together.
think it's pretty obvious the whole club is in a mess.the staff and Hurst in particular need help and support.
as they said it's no use spunking millions on a vanity project when we can't even fill BP

Yeah, I'm not saying it is a bad thing and I think they have their priorities right. I just mentioned that because Shutes always seemed to me to be more interested in the stadium project.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 58
forza ivano
May 6, 2021, 4:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from MarinerMal

Yeah, I'm not saying it is a bad thing and I think they have their priorities right. I just mentioned that because Shutes always seemed to me to be more interested in the stadium project.

that's true, and they mentioned that Shutes didn't have the same GTFC background , so perhaps was less enthused by the whole project than they were.
One point - they are obviously coming with fresh eyes, and are very open to the possibility of BP being redeveloped.But i wonder if this is a bit of a political ploy to get a better deal for GTFC viz a vis a Freemo/Docks stadium. You know the scenario  - thanks for the offer of the Freemo stadium, but the sums don't add up ,and anyway it makes more sense just to say at BP. As they start to walk away, suddenly the other parties start to make the deal a whole lot more attractive.
Got to remember these 2 are professional investors and negotiators
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 58
GrimExile
May 6, 2021, 4:54pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Dogger Bank

I won't leave it at all. As a fan for 40 plus years I have every right to be disgruntled with the Trust's decision to fold. You're right though, it was a democratic decision. It was just the wrong one and everyone knows it.

As you are not a member of the Trust I think you have an absolute nerve to criticise it and those of us that are members. The Trust voted to gift those shares to Mr Fenty for what at the time seemed to be the right reason. Certainly I would agree that with the benefit of hindsight that decision was more than possibly naive, but at the time it seemed the way forward. We all voted for what we thought was the best for the club at that time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 58
Azimuth
May 6, 2021, 5:24pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 60
An impressive pair, highly intelligent, very calm, humble and grounded with vision and understated drive and ambition, It is clear to see they want and recognise change is needed and are prepared to find the expertise to assist where required.
Lets all hope for positive times ahead and the green shoots of success in the future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Matt Dean interview with Jason and Andrew

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.