forza ivano
May 8, 2021, 10:51am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,164
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from realist
Talk is cheap and easy. We have had plenty of that in the past. This is why I am not fawning over the new owners until I see something positive like you lot are. A couple of interviews and you are coming in your pants. I have seen too many false dawns.

so which of these positive changes have you missed Realist?

1) the millstone that has been around the club's neck for the last 16 years has been paid off and 'has left the building'
2) there is a new Board of Directors and the hangers on, who have contributed zilch, have also been binned off
3) the pitches at Cheapside are currently being relaid and the layout re configured to give them more space
4) the new Fanzone is well under way
5) They have promoted the Trust and as a direct result the Trust now have 400+ new members and are over £5000 richer
6) the pitch at BP is being relaid from next week, and (I think this is right), a new irrigation system is being installed
7) the new arrangements for season tickets are being announced next week
8 ) an external consultant has been brought in to audit/inspect the club's activities
9) Sam Strandt and an external lawyer are already working on the BCorps certification
10) a fans survey has gone out and has already been filled in by hundreds

all within the first 48 hours of taking over

how about we keep this thread open, in order to keep track of all the new developments?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 58
RonMariner
May 8, 2021, 10:58am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,660
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from forza ivano

so which of these positive changes have you missed Realist?

1) the millstone that has been around the club's neck for the last 16 years has been paid off and 'has left the building'
2) there is a new Board of Directors and the hangers on, who have contributed zilch, have also been binned off
3) the pitches at Cheapside are currently being relaid and the layout re configured to give them more space
4) the new Fanzone is well under way
5) They have promoted the Trust and as a direct result the Trust now have 400+ new members and are over £5000 richer
6) the pitch at BP is being relaid from next week, and (I think this is right), a new irrigation system is being installed
7) the new arrangements for season tickets are being announced next week
8 ) an external consultant has been brought in to audit/inspect the club's activities
9) Sam Strandt and an external lawyer are already working on the BCorps certification
10) a fans survey has gone out and has already been filled in by hundreds

all within the first 48 hours of taking over

how about we keep this thread open, in order to keep track of all the new developments?

Yes, but apart from that what have the Romans ever done for us?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 58
forza ivano
May 10, 2021, 4:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,164
Gold Stars: 265
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 58
TownSNAFU5
May 10, 2021, 4:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
How can they achieve all these improvements in 2 days when Fenty etc made things worse over the last 18 years?  Well, how long have you got?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 58
Squinter
May 10, 2021, 4:35pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
How can they achieve all these improvements in 2 days when Fenty etc made things worse over the last 18 years?  Well, how long have you got?

More importantly what are the club now going to do with the 20 Aldi value watering cans that Fenty bought in the summer ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 58
geir
May 10, 2021, 4:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from forza ivano

Damn... another opportunity wasted... they obviously should have made an interview with someone from the club with the machines in the background.
Or.... is this a sign of the new times ahead... noisy machines and interviews as separate entities?  

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 58
mariner91
May 10, 2021, 5:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,625
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Squinter

More importantly what are the club now going to do with the 20 Aldi value watering cans that Fenty bought in the summer ?

I'll have a couple of them, can never have too many.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 58
Bristol Mariner
May 10, 2021, 6:36pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from realist
No fun sponge, I believe in action and not just words. I do hope it works out but  seen nothing to convince me yet.
Fenty was a successful businessman but excrement at running a football club, so why will these two succeed with no experience?
Remember when Runaway was appointed?  You lot virtually called him the new Messiah and look how that turned out. I dont think a bit of caution is misplaced.

They’ve already started sorting out shite pitch and training pitch. On day 1.

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 58
Southwark Mariner
May 10, 2021, 6:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from geir

Damn... another opportunity wasted... they obviously should have made an interview with someone from the club with the machines in the background.
Or.... is this a sign of the new times ahead... noisy machines and interviews as separate entities?  

was going to post exactly this

NNUURRRRNUUURRRRNUURRR how did the NUURRRRNUUURRRRR about? NURRRNURRRNUURRRRRRR what sort of NUUURRRRRR are you? NUUUUURRRRRRRR
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 58
mimma
May 10, 2021, 7:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Didn't old Holloway use to tell us that the only permanent thing he left at Blackpool was a pop up sprinkler system?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Matt Dean interview with Jason and Andrew

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.