10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
May 4, 2021, 12:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
There is only one good positive bit in the statement prepared by Fenty and signed by Day which is

Tomorrow 5th May 2021 at 3 pm Grimsby Town Football Club will rise from the ashes of the current regime to be under new owners. The club can then move forward and hopefully return to the position prior to the Fenty years, of being a Championship club once again.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 95
Marinerdan
May 4, 2021, 1:20pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 17
'Success has many fathers, failure is an orphan'

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 95
rancido
May 4, 2021, 1:29pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Very interesting to hear them blaming Holloway for most things. Is everyone on the Board completely spineless to have said anything to him?

I wonder if we will hear back from Holloway with a retort on the Board pointing the finger in his direction.

Despite all the apologies, this is how much of a flying fück we actually give

[img]https://www.brzowski.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/zip-zilch-nada-300x242.png[/img]

Who do we point the finger at?

[img]https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/finger-pointing-down-torn-blue-paper-wall-hand-gestures-direction-finger-pointing-down-torn-blue-paper-wall-208755134.jpg[/img]
[img]https://e0.365dm.com/20/04/1600x900/skysports-ian-holloway-holloway_4964032.jpg?20200407095026[/img]

Didn’t Hollowords have a place on the Board?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 95
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
May 4, 2021, 1:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
That statement was not an apology.

It was an insult.

To every single fan of this great football club, ever.

I don't care if the previous manager was at fault, I don't care that we've been good boys and paid our NI and tax. No reason that you make involving COVID has not been felt by every other club.

Yet you had to make a statement! the day before you go, you just had to, your ego demanded it. You had to do it whilst you were still the board, because to do it afterwards would have meant having to apologise personally, unable to hide behind the club, and the truth is that you're not sorry.

Just Go

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 95
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 4, 2021, 1:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
We have all vented our spleens on this mealy mouthed buck passing of a statement.

But I can’t help having a feeling that some posters would have been incredibly disappointed if it had been a full mea culpa from JF on bended knee sobbing “It’s all my fault “ through his tears. There would just have been a myriad posts shouting “hypocrite”.

Nothing he or his acolytes can say now will ever satisfy so we should just save our energy and leave this in the bin where it belongs and look forward to tomorrow.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 95
KingstonMariner
May 4, 2021, 1:46pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
You’re probably right RRFC. I think we’d vent our spleen whatever they did or didn’t say. But there could well be a difference to how we feel about it afterwards if there was an honest acceptance of responsibility. We’d have still been mad, but we’d cool down afterwards much sooner.

The other factor is it’s still all pretty mealy mouthed as Fenty is walking away with every penny he put in and £200k on top. Money the club could do with right now.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 95
friskneymariner
May 4, 2021, 2:02pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from geir

The person responsible for recruiting players was chosen by Holloway`s wife, or rather her cat running over to the neighbours 14-year old boy who is an avid player of Football Manager. Holloway thought the cat had made an excellent choice and appointed him Head of Recruitment.
So that clears that one up for you.  

Heard she had a bit a magical powers in her ,she had a fairy godmother and when her cat got run over she asked if her fairy godmother could bring it back to life,the fairy godmother had a look at the cat,and said sorry this is beyond all my powers it is truly dead there is no hope,is there any other wish I could grant you.,Holloheads wife said yes could you make my husband a successful football manager.
The fairy godmother replies,lets have another look at the cat.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 95
horsforthmariner
May 4, 2021, 2:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Don't hold your breath. Get them Fenty Bingo cards at the ready for one last game as John recounts ITV Digital, paying our dues, multiple Wembley visits, a fantastic promotion and just how much that Aston Martin cost during his time as principle funder.

sorry, John who?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 95
ska face
May 4, 2021, 2:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847
So they sat back and let Holloway make all these terrible decisions? Another PR disasterclass from the whoppers in the boardroom.

I do hope there’s a non-league equivalent of iFollow because there’s no way these clowns will ever be allowed back to watch us in person.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 95
RonMariner
May 4, 2021, 2:32pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,671
Gold Stars: 226
My response to the board........

Jesus, Mary, Joseph, and the wee donkey!!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Board Statement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.