Board Statement

This thread currently has 11,261 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 4, 2021, 11:04am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,271
Gold Stars: 304
I don't know where to start with my contempt for that statement.

Noticeable omissions around the board consorting with a convicted criminal (although nobody was hurt by his crimes...) and the chairman being involved in a company with said convicted criminal....

Change cannot come soon enough.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 95
friskneymariner

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Who is this person responsible for recruiting players,is his appointment an acknowledgement the Board did not trust Hollowheads judgment.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 95
grimps
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,120
Gold Stars: 46
Also can the trust members of the board now go public and explain to us who exactly made what calls and what did they have to say about it ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 95
FishOutOfWater
May 4, 2021, 11:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from grimps

I’d expect most of our budget was spent in January on a new squad and manager after trying to get away with spending none of it in the summer

How does Day explain then that we were about to exceed the salary cap at the back end of 2020?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 95
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 4, 2021, 11:05am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,271
Gold Stars: 304
Quoted from grimps
Also can the trust members of the board now go public and explain to us who exactly made what calls and what did they have to say about it ?

Don't hold your breath.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 95
FishOutOfWater
May 4, 2021, 11:08am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Kris2
Just another typical Fenty statement that we've seen time and time again from this board. "Not our fault", yet the board is the only constant in all the years of failure and inability to turn those around before we are deeper in the excrement. How many different managers and staff will they blame before admitting they've got things very wrong?

In his head, Fenty doesn't think he's got anything wrong

Also in his head, those loans of his have already been written off

Hmmmm... wonder how that's going?

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 95
buckstown
May 4, 2021, 11:09am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 79
I can barely contain my anger at what these people (or that person) has done to our club. I would have been angry if they'd said nothing and I'm angry at this attempt to pacify me.
The reason the budget is the 12th highest in the league is because we've employed about 45 players, most of whom have been incompetent. Had we recruited 21 competent players the budget would probably have been below average and we'd have survived with comfort
We could go on for hours about the issues but the one last thing that I have to say regarding John Fenty. I don't have a problem with him walking away with his money, but the 200k of trust shares is a scandal, unless of course he comes out and makes a public statement committing to return the money to its rightful place
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 95
FFS
May 4, 2021, 11:09am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +38 / -2
Approval: +252
Gold Stars: 11
FFS

Quoted from Chrisblor
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2021/may/a-statement-from-the-board/

Very sad that our state of the art GPS trackers and 12th highest budget in the league weren't enough to avoid relegation. World class buck passing job from the outgoing board here.

"He is not only dull himself, he is the cause of dullness in others."
-Samuel Johnson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 95
Fillipe Noche
May 4, 2021, 11:13am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
All in all that’s a reasonable and honest statement, at a time when the supporters deserved some information to answer so many of the questions and opinions that have been voiced/written by the fan base.

It doesn’t seek to hide from the facts and the reality of the situation, and it does not seek to disown the part the board has played in this seasons demise.

It explains clearly about several matters that both the fan base and the media have discussed and reported on. Many of which the fans were deserving of explanations and clarification about these matters.

I appreciate the statement and I’m grateful for it, even though I am still highly disappointed with relegation and the part that the board has played in it. But relegation really isn’t the end of my world, and I’m grateful that at least the board did act in a responsible manner in legally fulfilling its fiduciary duty as directors, in order to maintain a financially sound and solvent business at the football club.

I look forward to the new investors now coming in, to what is already a stable financial situation, and I am excited about the prospects for the future. I’m really looking forward to the challenge of the National League and returning to the EFL as soon as possible.

#UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 95
TownSNAFU5
May 4, 2021, 11:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
Me thinks that he protesteth too much. A fish rots from the head first.

A Board are accountable for results.  More so in football, the ultimate competitive business.  Results and league tables at the end of the season are everything. The Board failed.  Everything happens from their lead, governance and decisions.  The latter terrible decision in appointing Holloway was terminal.

We were relegated.  Nothing else matters.  Words cannot justify their and the team’s failure.  Wearily words are no substitute.  Frankly, the statement is an insult to the fans.

Condescending to the end.  No change there then.

We close one dire chapter and move onto pastures new.  Thank God for that.  How we have suffered for so many years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 95
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Board Statement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.