April 17, 2021, 2:51pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / -6
Approval: -209
Gold Stars: 19
It's on. We can ...

UTM

Living in Exile since 1980, but still have Black and White blood!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 41
toontown
April 17, 2021, 2:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Clifton MOM for me, battled everywhere, seemed to play everywhere! Created opportunities for others and also got himself into shooting opportunities. I remember when he made his first start and he said his aim was to effect the game with his performance, well he certainly did that today.

But all the team played fantastically today, how did we not score at least 5?!

Hurst has certainly changed us, the results don't reflect it as much as the performances because the one area we havnt improved is goal scoring.

I do think khouri was left on far too long however, he was shattered and had long since stopped taking his crossing and passing opportunities. He was sticking to his shape and defensive duties well enough though.

Well done to Jackson for taking his opportunity, Hurst obviously doesn't rate him much but its pretty obvious he is our strongest goal poacher in the squad by far. Gets in the right positions. Cant be far off Joint top scorer but has only had about 4 league starts is it? When we need second goals (when wouldn't we) he looks worthwhile bringing on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 41
Mayaman
April 17, 2021, 2:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Were you watching Stefan Payne?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 41
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 17, 2021, 2:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 41
bobbyturtle
April 17, 2021, 3:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
well done all utm

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 41
Sigone
April 17, 2021, 3:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
What happened to Coke, the telegraph are reporting that a stretcher came on for him after the final whistle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 41
moosey_club
April 17, 2021, 3:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
Cracking start , not just the goal but probably the next 10 - 15 mins where we really opened them up , once Hanson missed that first one i thought here we go..... then more and more opportunities slipped by.... the first save by Macca to deny Coyle was fantastic, his second half one equally as good.
Thought at around 60mins the momentum had gone and we were going to be sitting and getting desperate, players started to tire after the fantastic efforts to that point. Thankfully , for once , the subs made the difference, Jackson being Johnny the spot with his first and second touches ??

Nervy end but held out.

Remarkable what a difference Payne being missing today made. Khouri looked lively first half but tired understandably, Hanson and LJL both played really well, holding play, linking with the midfield.

Hurst certainly knows how to build a team with spirit that will work hard for each other.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 41
HertsGTFC
April 17, 2021, 3:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,988
Gold Stars: 228
Entertaining game where everyone played well, belief and desire in spades!

What I liked today was our mid field 3 young kids and a veteran in Coke who just glued them together, they supported the defence by keeping the ball and supported the attack when we needed numbers in the final 3rd, massive improvement!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 41
forza ivano
April 17, 2021, 3:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,280
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Entertaining game where everyone played well, belief and desire in spades!

What I liked today was our mid field 3 young kids and a veteran in Coke who just glued them together, they supported the defence by keeping the ball and supported the attack when we needed numbers in the final 3rd, massive improvement!

Good point.i get the feeling that spokes ,given the chance and more fitness n coaching, could fill mate's massive boots. Throw lamy into the mix, playing on his natural side , and thrres a decent midfield
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 41
HertsGTFC
April 17, 2021, 3:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,988
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from forza ivano

Good point.i get the feeling that spokes ,given the chance and more fitness n coaching, could fill mate's massive boots. Throw lamy into the mix, playing on his natural side , and thrres a decent midfield

Yeah I’d agree Forza, I do hope we offer Coke a deal for next season as his experience could be really influential.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.