7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Youngy
April 16, 2021, 1:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,676
Gold Stars: 9
The key for me will be fitness next season.

The National League doesn't end until May 29th with the Play Off's not finishing until late June. Our season ends on May 8th. We have no excuses not to be the fittest team in the league. We have a massive head start on recruitment and a chance to have a proper extended pre season when others will struggle to get 6 weeks in.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 68
HertsGTFC
April 16, 2021, 7:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Youngy
The key for me will be fitness next season.

The National League doesn't end until May 29th with the Play Off's not finishing until late June. Our season ends on May 8th. We have no excuses not to be the fittest team in the league. We have a massive head start on recruitment and a chance to have a proper extended pre season when others will struggle to get 6 weeks in.  

People have thrown many things at Hurst from when he was here before, i don’t recall a time when you could say the players weren’t fit.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 68
Youngy
April 16, 2021, 7:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

People have thrown many things at Hurst from when he was here before, i don’t recall a time when you could say the players weren’t fit.

Absolutely, I have no doubt if Hurst was here at the start of the season that a) we wouldn't be in this position now and b) we would have had as close to a proper pre season (or certainly be better prepared) then this shambles.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 68
jamesgtfc
April 16, 2021, 9:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Youngy

Absolutely, I have no doubt if Hurst was here at the start of the season that a) we wouldn't be in this position now and b) we would have had as close to a proper pre season (or certainly be better prepared) then this shambles.

Last week Hurst spoke about plans for pre-season are already underway. A stark contrast to last year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 68
MarinerDevil
April 16, 2021, 11:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,779
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from Youngy

Doesn't the NL 21/22 season start 2/3 weeks later in August to accommodate for this?  

Just looked, season starts on 21 August, 2 weeks after the EFL.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 68
Youngy
April 17, 2021, 7:06am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from MarinerDevil

Doesn't the NL 21/22 season start 2/3 weeks later in August to accommodate for this?  

Just looked, season starts on 21 August, 2 weeks after the EFL.

Still means we'll have up to a 5 week head start on teams and allows us to arrange pre season games against EFL teams before their season starts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 68
aldi_01
April 17, 2021, 8:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I mean a pre season at all would be nice...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 68
MNH1972
April 17, 2021, 8:32am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +215
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from realist

Whilst having the wrong one to start with gives us even less chance

Who’s the right one ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 68
forza ivano
April 17, 2021, 9:58am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,271
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Youngy was pointing out we have much longer to plan than all the others, and indeed it's good to know Hurst is giving himself even more of a headstart, 2 months before the end of their season.
i don't know if the point was making was this: we were notorious for getting off to poor starts in the Conference, which made it all the more difficult to get into pole position, we were always coming from behind. And i seem to remember that often we (probably due to fenty's budget) made very late signings. I don't seem to recall having our first team squad in place , ready to go from day 1 of pre season.
Perhaps others can confirm or give the lie to this.
Certainly getting off to poor starts wasn't a help. You can't win the league in August/September , but you can lose it in that period
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Players to Win the Conference

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.