Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Goodbye Stefan
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 287 Guests

Goodbye Stefan

This thread currently has 40,902 views. Print
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 13, 2021, 10:44am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from Mariner56
What has happened to the customary apology to the fans, teammates, management etc which are usually churned out after incidents of this kind. Even if the player doesn't believe they've done anything wrong, they usually put out their side of the story and apologise for the consequences of their actions, letting fans and teammates down etc. If Payne has made a statement defending himself or any sort of an apology, I've yet to see it.

I suspect that there is a period of cooling down and that everyone has been told not to take to Twitter etc and make the situation worse.

If I was the club the message would have been to Payne (and possibly Morais) 'your future at this club hangs by a thread, airing your views on social media will cut that thread completely. Your choice'.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 175
golfer
April 13, 2021, 11:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 116
Sack the useless lazy bstrd. Time after time he hasn't bothered to chase a ball. We need players who give their all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 175
Posh Harry
April 13, 2021, 11:18am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,363
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Biccys
This could be our "Monkhouse injured" moment this season. Him not being available means another player will HaVe to take his place and maybe grasp the opportunity and bag a couple of hat-tricks in the last few games.

WE'RE STAYING UP!!!

Absolutely, it’s a great opportunity for Matt green.

Oh........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 175
denni266
April 13, 2021, 11:23am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
If Morais was just telling  / having a go for being lazy then Hurst should not be doing anything to Morais for having some desire and fight in him for the team . Having said that who was captain , as its there job to tell players or are they afraid of him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 175
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 13, 2021, 11:29am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from denni266
If Morais was just telling  / having a go for being lazy then Hurst should not be doing anything to Morais for having some desire and fight in him for the team . Having said that who was captain , as its there job to tell players or are they afraid of him.

We don't know what was said, Morais has the right to have a go at Payne for not chasing a ball but Payne also has the right to point out it was a sh*t ball. I've played in a 100 games where there's been an exchange like that (usually based on my sh*t pass..) but something else has to happen for one player to nut another.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 175
chipsandgravy
April 13, 2021, 11:33am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,631
Gold Stars: 38

We don't know what was said, Morais has the right to have a go at Payne for not chasing a ball but Payne also has the right to point out it was a sh*t ball. I've played in a 100 games where there's been an exchange like that (usually based on my sh*t pass..) but something else has to happen for one player to nut another.

Something else has happened!! It's called not really giving a t0ss and being told so!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 175
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 13, 2021, 11:37am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Something else has happened!! It's called not really giving a t0ss and being told so!!

Yep, I imagine Morais said something like 'that's another one you won't chase you lazy c*nt' and it's all kicked off from there.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 175
jamesgtfc
April 13, 2021, 11:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,038
Gold Stars: 190

Yes it's a bad ball but it's League 2. The least I expect is the intended recipient to carry on chasing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 175
Biccys
April 13, 2021, 12:29pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Yes it's a bad ball but it's League 2. The least I expect is the intended recipient to carry on chasing.

Exactly. It's not like he's chasing down a Premier league International defender. All players at this level are prone to member-ups. Putting pressure on them can only enhance that chance. There's so many examples over the years of defenders making a hash of a clearance while under pressure it's baffling why most teams managers don't insist on it all the time.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 98 - 175
DB
April 13, 2021, 12:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.46
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,042
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from golfer
Sack the useless lazy bstrd. Time after time he hasn't bothered to chase a ball. We need players who give their all.

I've never watched Payne put in a full 90 min shift. He only seems to chase balls within an easy grasp, and those he doesn't think he''ll catch he won't try.

This season and next we need players to it give it their all and not part-time performances on full-time pay.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 175
18 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Goodbye Stefan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.