May 13, 2021, 10:03pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Nah. American sports umpires.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 123
Poojah
May 13, 2021, 10:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,532
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Nah. American sports umpires.

Handy for the players' second jobs at Footlocker. Oh hang on, we don't operate like that any more - old habits die hard!

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 123
Mayaman
May 14, 2021, 7:10am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
I don't like the idea that we change kits every year - yeah I'm a humbug.   I'd rather spend money on other merchandising that stands the test of time rather than goes out of fashion a season later.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 123
aldi_01
May 14, 2021, 7:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Mayaman
I don't like the idea that we change kits every year - yeah I'm a humbug.   I'd rather spend money on other merchandising that stands the test of time rather than goes out of fashion a season later.

I know marketing people would probably argue it’s a good thing etc but I’m inclined to agree that perhaps keeping the home shirt for at least two years would help. May be not the club as such but the many families who have kids etc who always want the kit and the likes.

Change the away kit by all means but the home one could surely get two seasons?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 123
Wrawby_Mariner
May 14, 2021, 9:40am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from aldi_01

I know marketing people would probably argue it’s a good thing etc but I’m inclined to agree that perhaps keeping the home shirt for at least two years would help. May be not the club as such but the many families who have kids etc who always want the kit and the likes.

Change the away kit by all means but the home one could surely get two seasons?

It's a double-edged sword, isn't it. You have the income benefits vs. the disposable income of the target audience.

For me, I'm not an awfully big fan of third kits, I think it's a swizz. £50 quid for something your team will wear 2-3 times a season just isn't worth it. Yes, it gives clubs the opportunity to break away from colours associated with the club, however, in my opinion, GTFC has lacked an 'identity' for several years now and if it was me I'd shy away from the off-brand colours.

There is a lot of financial pressure on fans to buy three a season. Four if your lit-lun wants the keeper kit as well. So here's how I would suggest this work:

Home and away, go back to basics. So it's new kits all across the board with a new supplier. (Year1)

Year 2 - replace away shirt. (With a 2-year lifespan)

Year 3 replace home (With a 2-year lifespan) and so on.

Of course, this depends on the length of the original deal. I would personally go with a three-year deal, keep things fresh the target audience. Everton do this well.

To replace this loss of income, the retail offering has to expand. This should be done with more 'online exclusives'. The reason for this is that the club does not need to hold stock and will relive the financial burden and thus items shipped out directly from the supplier. (This is just one way to do it)

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 94 - 123
Bristol Mariner
May 14, 2021, 10:48am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Bye bye ERREA then from next season. Shame really as I like their kits and sweatshirts.

The shirts are poor quality. Poor design most seasons.

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 123
Mayaman
May 14, 2021, 12:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

It's a double-edged sword, isn't it. You have the income benefits vs. the disposable income of the target audience.

For me, I'm not an awfully big fan of third kits, I think it's a swizz. £50 quid for something your team will wear 2-3 times a season just isn't worth it. Yes, it gives clubs the opportunity to break away from colours associated with the club, however, in my opinion, GTFC has lacked an 'identity' for several years now and if it was me I'd shy away from the off-brand colours.

There is a lot of financial pressure on fans to buy three a season. Four if your lit-lun wants the keeper kit as well. So here's how I would suggest this work:

Home and away, go back to basics. So it's new kits all across the board with a new supplier. (Year1)

Year 2 - replace away shirt. (With a 2-year lifespan)

Year 3 replace home (With a 2-year lifespan) and so on.

Of course, this depends on the length of the original deal. I would personally go with a three-year deal, keep things fresh the target audience. Everton do this well.

To replace this loss of income, the retail offering has to expand. This should be done with more 'online exclusives'. The reason for this is that the club does not need to hold stock and will relive the financial burden and thus items shipped out directly from the supplier. (This is just one way to do it)

Sign this lad up.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 123
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
May 14, 2021, 2:24pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 117
I think we should get away from the whole black and white stripes thing. It's old hat and has served its time.

Can I be bold and suggest white and black stripes instead. I think we could pull it off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 123
Madeleymariner
May 14, 2021, 2:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,052
Gold Stars: 49
I think we should get away from the whole black and white stripes thing. It's old hat and has served its time.

Can I be bold and suggest white and black stripes instead. I think we could pull it off

You some kind of anarchist, don't be stupid we can't change from tradition as black & white stripes are our the modern identity. White and black stripes my @rse   your talking out of yours bah humbug etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 123
BobbyCummingsTackle
May 14, 2021, 3:39pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,271
Gold Stars: 304

STOCKWOODS, PETITS, SORT IT!

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 123
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Kit Supplier

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.