Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Fillipe Noche, March 25, 2021, 8:51am
Bye bye ERREA then from next season. Shame really as I like their kits and sweatshirts.

Posted by: 123614 (Guest), March 25, 2021, 9:29am; Reply: 1
Do we know who the new kit supplier will be yet?
Posted by: AdamHaddock, March 25, 2021, 9:31am; Reply: 2
End of an Errea
Posted by: Poojah, March 25, 2021, 9:49am; Reply: 3
I'm going to fight the urge to drop in the obvious pun, but we haven't had a particularly successful era since they started making our kits in 2008. Not their fault of cause, but still guilty by association in my eyes.

Questionable quality, some very nice kit designs and one or two shockers along the way, however I've always appreciated a desire to do something different and interesting each season which is not something you get with the template based manufacturers like Nike et al (which even seems to have crept into the elite clubs and nations now).

I couldn't see anything anywhere to this effect, but assuming there's truth in this Hummel have been making some great kits throughout the EFL recently. Put to one side the Forest Green debacle the other year which meant they got to spank us in their training kit on opening day, they've done some crackers. The pick of the bunch has to be the reprisal of the victorious Peter Schmeichel Euro 92 'keeper shirt...

[img]https://www.qpr.co.uk/media/41921/dan-bentley-bristol-city.jpg[/img]
Posted by: Hagrid, March 25, 2021, 9:53am; Reply: 4
wheres this news from please? shame, i liked errea, will always keep my wembley 2016 shirt
Posted by: Abdul19, March 25, 2021, 9:56am; Reply: 5
My personal favourite Hummel shirt, maybe could tie in something similar with Young's  ;D

[img]https://dnre29p915wg3.cloudfront.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/0dc2d03fe217f8c83829496872af24a0/p/r/providence-19-home-hamr-tags.jpg[/img]
Posted by: Hagrid, March 25, 2021, 9:57am; Reply: 6
hahah yes ive seen that one!! theres another american side? madison something, all pink its brilliant
Posted by: MaccasBoots, March 25, 2021, 10:02am; Reply: 7
Where's this news come from? It's a shame as I've quite liked errea's kits, think they've been relatively creative and had a bit of fun with some of them
Posted by: Abdul19, March 25, 2021, 10:02am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Hagrid
hahah yes ive seen that one!! theres another american side? madison something, all pink its brilliant

One of these beauties?  :)

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/nsearch/?q=forward+madison
Posted by: Hagrid, March 25, 2021, 10:14am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Abdul19

thats them Meza haha! bloody brilliant
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 25, 2021, 10:23am; Reply: 10
What about this as an away kit with black/red sash:

https://www.football-authentica.co.uk/hummel-21013000-rangersglasgow-football-soccer-away-shirt-2018-19-size-large-new-4182-p.asp

Posted by: Hagrid, March 25, 2021, 10:37am; Reply: 11
ewwww rangers! never!!

hummel make some good kits though, dont know who FGR's supplier is
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, March 25, 2021, 10:43am; Reply: 12
Dear Mr Stockwood,

I am writing to you today about our kit design for next season. Please read this thread carefully and then don't allow Poojah, Meza, Hagrid and Abdul19 anywhere near our new kit.

Yours, a concerned fan,

BobbyCummingsTackle
Posted by: Town Monkey, March 25, 2021, 11:12am; Reply: 13
Dear Mr Stockwood,

I am writing to you today about our kit design for next season. Please read this thread carefully and then don't allow Poojah, Meza, Hagrid and Abdul19 anywhere near our new kit.

Yours, a concerned fan,

BobbyCummingsTackle

They'd be better than having Jorge Campos do it (one for the kids there).
Posted by: wekeepdreaming, March 25, 2021, 11:32am; Reply: 14
Macron new kit sponsor
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 25, 2021, 11:36am; Reply: 15
Quoted from wekeepdreaming
Macron new kit sponsor

Can't stand the bloke myself but heyho.

Posted by: Poojah, March 25, 2021, 11:38am; Reply: 16
Dear Mr Stockwood,

Yours, a concerned fan,

BobbyCummingsTackle

Oh, it’s like that is it? In that case I won’t bother finishing my design off.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/HKRkYGf/B9-E75-D0-E-E925-441-B-ACED-96-F10877909-B.png[/img]

Those spikes on the sleeves were going to be deployable projectiles for an added layer of defence, whilst the back was going to be made entirely of real haddock skin for an eco-friendly touch. As for the socks, well, why not?

Ah well, your loss. Sometimes people’s ideas are just ahead of their time...
Posted by: Hagrid, March 25, 2021, 11:50am; Reply: 17
Dear Mr Stockwood,

Yours, a concerned fan,

BobbyCummingsTackle

hahah!! ;D
to think i was gonna spend all this evening adding pink into every possible black stripe
Posted by: Abdul19, March 25, 2021, 12:03pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Poojah

[img]https://i.ibb.co/HKRkYGf/B9-E75-D0-E-E925-441-B-ACED-96-F10877909-B.png[/img]

Those spikes on the sleeves were going to be deployable projectiles for an added layer of defence, whilst the back was going to be made entirely of real haddock skin for an eco-friendly touch. As for the socks, well, why not?

Looks a bit too much like the Man U away shirt for my liking
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, March 25, 2021, 12:06pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Abdul19

Looks a bit too much like the Man U away shirt for my liking

That's all you've got to say about it?........
Posted by: Abdul19, March 25, 2021, 12:08pm; Reply: 20

That's all you've got to say about it?........

Shorts and socks are nice, I eagerly await their drop.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, March 25, 2021, 12:10pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Poojah

Brilliant, that made me snort coffee across my desk.

I don't want to limit your creativity and your ideas are interesting.....
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, March 25, 2021, 12:12pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Town Monkey

They'd be better than having Jorge Campos do it (one for the kids there).

Judging by a couple of designs they admire we're probably going to ask Stevie Wonder to do it.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, March 25, 2021, 12:16pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Hagrid

hahah!! ;D
to think i was gonna spend all this evening adding pink into every possible black stripe

Between you and me (nobody else will know), I quite like the salmon 3rd kit. Thought it looked good.
Posted by: Davec, March 25, 2021, 12:53pm; Reply: 24
Fillipe Noche started this thread and I can't see it mentioned elsewhere so how did Fillipe know? Anybody would think he is inside knowledge and/or is related or known to a board member!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 25, 2021, 1:07pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Davec
Fillipe Noche started this thread and I can't see it mentioned elsewhere so how did Fillipe know? Anybody would think he is inside knowledge and/or is related or known to a board member!

Denial heading this way from Failed Nerk
Posted by: DB, March 25, 2021, 1:17pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from 123614

You do realise you have asked a simple easy question to FN. Somebody did this on another thread and it got this answer:-

"You lot do make me laugh, suggesting I have sort of inside information because I posted how many GTFC fans purchased the iFollow game. Hilarious

I started this thread immediately after I saw that the club had published on its official social network, how many fans subscribed. You planks 😂😂

Priceless

Hands up if any of you feel like a right royal Wally
now"

Your answer may take a long time as you used the "we" word which will baffle FN for several hours. Take it from me his replies do take a long time and as the above shows insulting to us mere mortal fans.
Posted by: DB, March 25, 2021, 1:18pm; Reply: 27
Just realised what FN stands F...... Nerk!
Posted by: GollyGTFC, March 25, 2021, 1:33pm; Reply: 28
FFS.

We’ve been with Errea for 13 seasons. We’ve had Young’s as front of shirt, back of shirt and shorts sponsor for 17 years.

Why change?

It’s so easy to just phone up Errea & Youngs in January every year and just say “Another year?”

Why go to all the hassle of shopping around for a better deal.

On a serious note, I wonder it Fenty is one of those people paying extortionate gas and electricity prices because he’s been with the same company for 20 years.
Posted by: Abdul19, March 25, 2021, 1:37pm; Reply: 29
I dread to think how much he pays for his car insurance.
Posted by: Garth, March 25, 2021, 1:46pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from 123614

Oxfam
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 25, 2021, 2:00pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Garth

Oxfam

Norris the Rubberman.

Posted by: pizzzza, March 25, 2021, 2:17pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Abdul19

Depends if he lost his no claims bonus when someone scratched his "£80,000" car a couple of years back.
Posted by: LH, March 25, 2021, 2:50pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Abdul19

£2.5m this year.
Posted by: male private Nale, March 25, 2021, 3:26pm; Reply: 34
Anyone know when the association with Youngs is due to expire? I could see a big Offshore Wind company stepping in along lines of Orsted, RWE or Innogy all of which are putting roots down in the area.
Posted by: wekeepdreaming, March 25, 2021, 3:58pm; Reply: 35
Macron is the new kit
Posted by: Azimuth, March 25, 2021, 4:28pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from male private Nale
Anyone know when the association with Youngs is due to expire? I could see a big Offshore Wind company stepping in along lines of Orsted, RWE or Innogy all of which are putting roots down in the area.

Or conoco🤣
Posted by: rancido, March 25, 2021, 5:11pm; Reply: 37
Controversial I know but kit designs don't bother me that much as long as it features black and white stripes. I mean, the kit design doesn't affect performance does it?
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, March 25, 2021, 5:17pm; Reply: 38
If it’s Macron it’ll be a very snug fit .
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 25, 2021, 6:25pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from male private Nale

Thank God they rebranded to Ørsted. Imagine the pshtaking if we’d had the old name on our shirts.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 25, 2021, 6:33pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from promotion plaice

Norris the Rubberman.

Great shop
Posted by: headingly_mariner, March 25, 2021, 7:16pm; Reply: 41
Macron is Sunday League. Be a shame if we left Errea to go with them.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, March 25, 2021, 8:02pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from rancido
I mean, the kit design doesn't affect performance does it?

Only if it's a drab grey and we are called Manchester United
Posted by: ska face, March 25, 2021, 8:25pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from rancido
Controversial I know but kit designs don't bother me that much as long as it features black and white stripes. I mean, the kit design doesn't affect performance does it?

Not directly but the difference between 1000 shirts at £40 and 2000 shirts at £40 is a transfer fee or player on about a grand a week for a season.
Posted by: Abdul19, March 25, 2021, 8:42pm; Reply: 44
I'd like to see a return for GTS.
Posted by: Belfast Town, March 25, 2021, 8:55pm; Reply: 45

Norris the Rubberman.

I remember buying my first ever Town shirt in there, in the days before replica shirts
Posted by: ginnywings, March 25, 2021, 11:37pm; Reply: 46
Craske and Smith for my footy kits and boots.
Posted by: aldi_01, March 26, 2021, 6:21am; Reply: 47
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Macron is Sunday League. Be a shame if we left Errea to go with them.

Their name isn’t huge in the UK but plenty of Italian teams, top flight included wear Macron.

The fit will likely be a bit snug...quality can’t be any worse than Errea. I looked at some of the older Errea shirts last night and the state of them, and they’ve barely been worn. I always felt like the designs weren’t much cop. We always ended up with the excrement ones. Arguably, best Errea kit we had was probably the one the year we went up.

Shirt designs are generally bottom these days which is why the market for retro/vintage shirts has increased, that and hipster, metafans getting involved.

Personally, I’d like to see us go with someone like Hummel but sometimes you have to remember we’re essentially a non league side so hardly have the pulling powers to entice someone...
Posted by: GollyGTFC, March 26, 2021, 7:07am; Reply: 48
If it is Macron...

Macron shirts looked sh!te when they first broke into the English market (a bit like Errea back in the 90s). But in the last couple of seasons they have improved massively with some very nice designs.

Here's some decent ones...

[img]https://b9a9v3m5.stackpathcdn.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/600x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/5/8/58198610.jpg[/img]
PAOK - Greece

[img]https://b9a9v3m5.stackpathcdn.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/600x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/5/8/58114402_2.jpg[/img]
Forge FC - Canada

[img]https://b9a9v3m5.stackpathcdn.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/600x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/5/8/58109340.jpg[/img]
Levante - Spain
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 26, 2021, 8:52am; Reply: 49
They’re horrible:
Humbug
Cycling jersey
TV interference
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, March 26, 2021, 9:22am; Reply: 50
I understand that the new sponsor will be a company called Jarvis, they do a lot of railway maintenance. Apparently their finance director is a Town fan.....
Posted by: Poojah, March 26, 2021, 9:34am; Reply: 51
I understand that the new sponsor will be a company called Jarvis, they do a lot of railway maintenance. Apparently their finance director is a Town fan.....

Whatever happened to that chap? I recall that he went 'missing' as soon as it transpired that Jarvis knew nothing about the deal - I assume he showed up at some point?
Posted by: GollyGTFC, March 26, 2021, 10:35am; Reply: 52

Maybe he’ll sign up for 3 years and pay 80% of it upfront?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 26, 2021, 11:01am; Reply: 53
Is it really still 2003 and I’ve been dreaming the Fenty years?
Posted by: BlackandWhiteBarmy2, March 26, 2021, 11:26am; Reply: 54
Quoted from Poojah

Whatever happened to that chap? I recall that he went 'missing' as soon as it transpired that Jarvis knew nothing about the deal - I assume he showed up at some point?

I think he was found dead in a communal prison cell in Laos. His body was naked, emaciated, louse ridden and with unspeakable damage to his rectum, he'd also had both kidneys removed. In his hand was a crumpled up e-mail which just said Report to Head Office IMMEDIATELY.

Sad.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, March 26, 2021, 11:59am; Reply: 55

I think he was found dead in a communal prison cell in Laos. His body was naked, emaciated, louse ridden and with unspeakable damage to his rectum, he'd also had both kidneys removed. In his hand was a crumpled up e-mail which just said Report to Head Office IMMEDIATELY.

Sad.

Is there a scale of rectal damage? Does it go from negligible to unspeakable? Is there something beyond unspeakable....catastrophic maybe? Are the Laotians world leading in the inflicting of rectal damage or could it have been worse for him in say, Libya?
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 26, 2021, 12:07pm; Reply: 56

Is there a scale of rectal damage? Does it go from negligible to unspeakable? Is there something beyond unspeakable....catastrophic maybe? Are the Laotians world leading in the inflicting of rectal damage or could it have been worse for him in say, Libya?

Bugg3red if I know
Posted by: BlackandWhiteBarmy2, March 26, 2021, 12:32pm; Reply: 57

Libya pah. Mere amateurs in the field of rectal disfigurement. The Loatians are second only to the interrogatian units of the Tadjikistan secret police.

Posted by: Perkins, March 26, 2021, 12:38pm; Reply: 58
https://thefishy.co.uk/story.php?id=8307251
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, March 26, 2021, 1:08pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from Perkins

Senior figures at Grimsby Town consort with convicted fraudsters. It's like deja vu all over again.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, March 26, 2021, 1:11pm; Reply: 60

Libya pah. Mere amateurs in the field of rectal disfigurement. The Loatians are second only to the interrogatian units of the Tadjikistan secret police.

How do you know?

Who compiles the global almanac of rectal disfigurement?

Why is there no UN envoy or Special Rapporteur on rectally related torture?
Posted by: Davec, March 26, 2021, 2:19pm; Reply: 61

Sad.

Did he get the damage to his rectum from Barrymore's swimming pool?

Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 26, 2021, 2:25pm; Reply: 62

Unconscionable.
Posted by: BlackandWhiteBarmy2, March 26, 2021, 3:26pm; Reply: 63

How do you know?

Who compiles the global almanac of rectal disfigurement?

Why is there no UN envoy or Special Rapporteur on rectally related torture?

I'm afraid I can't tell you. It's hush hush top secret, but there are some top experts. TOP ... EXPERTS  ;)

Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, March 26, 2021, 4:14pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Unconscionable.

Imagine what an unconscionably damaged rectum would look like......
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 26, 2021, 4:22pm; Reply: 65

Imagine what an unconscionably damaged rectum would look like......

I’m struggling with that one for some reason 😆
Posted by: DB, March 26, 2021, 4:25pm; Reply: 66
Sounds like a bum excuse to me.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 26, 2021, 7:18pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from Poojah

I think he is shoring up some points on the old freight line around Immingham
Posted by: psgmariner, March 26, 2021, 7:52pm; Reply: 68
https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/7906387.missing-jarvis-man-turns-up/
Posted by: Heisenberg, March 26, 2021, 8:00pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from psgmariner

Wow, there really is no hiding these days - 18 years ago!!!
Posted by: Abdul19, March 26, 2021, 8:09pm; Reply: 70
What a let down. I was hoping he was a Nicaraguan based arms dealer or something, but it turns out he turned up in West Yorkshire before we signed Tony Crane.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, March 27, 2021, 9:02am; Reply: 71
Quoted from Abdul19
What a let down. I was hoping he was a Nicaraguan based arms dealer or something, but it turns out he turned up in West Yorkshire before we signed Tony Crane.

So he committed fraud and was linked to the signing of Tony Crane. One of those is a crime that can never be forgiven. And I'm not fussed about the fraud.....
Posted by: Abdul19, May 13, 2021, 3:41pm; Reply: 72
https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/2020-york-9-away-shirt-bnib.html

Heard a rumour our new Macron away kit is to be similarly map-themed.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, May 13, 2021, 3:46pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from Abdul19

Can you imagine......Marshchapel, Donna Nook, Tetney, Saltfleetby All Saints......
Posted by: Chrisblor, May 13, 2021, 3:50pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from Abdul19

Absolutely screams Graphic Design Is My Passion that does
Posted by: Grimal, May 13, 2021, 3:50pm; Reply: 75

Can you imagine......Marschapel, Donna Nook, Tetney, Saltfleetby All Saints......

Or an image of an upside down Dock Tower down one leg of the shorts. ;)

Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, May 13, 2021, 4:09pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from Grimal

Or an image of an upside down Dock Tower down one leg of the shorts. ;)

In the psychoanalysts chair.....

So Grimal, when did you first start having pen*s fixated architecture dreams?.....
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, May 13, 2021, 4:11pm; Reply: 77

So Grimal, when did you first start having pen*s fixated architecture dreams?.....

The swear filter changes pen*s to another word despite pen*s being the anatomically correct name for it and not a swear word at all!!!!!!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, May 13, 2021, 4:16pm; Reply: 78

So he committed fraud and was linked to the signing of Tony Crane. One of those is a crime that can never be forgiven. And I'm not fussed about the fraud.....

It was only fraud against a company so it doesn't matter according to our esteemed £3k former Chairman.
Posted by: Grimal, May 13, 2021, 4:22pm; Reply: 79

;D ;D, I'll have to think about that one. ;D, I think it could have been my first erection ,,,,,  of a sand castle on Cleethorpes beach. ;)

Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, May 13, 2021, 5:30pm; Reply: 80
Quoted from Grimal

;D ;D, I'll have to think about that one. ;D, I think it could have been my first erection ,,,,,  of a sand castle on Cleethorpes beach. ;)

Sooo, tell me about your childhood......
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, May 13, 2021, 5:32pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from jamesgtfc

It was only fraud against a company so it doesn't matter according to our esteemed £3k former Chairman.

Signing that hopeless lump of lard Tony Crane mattered though. He had the turning circle of the Amoco Cadiz.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 13, 2021, 7:20pm; Reply: 82
Just a total guess that this may be it! (In black and white 🙄)

https://www.macron.com/uk/trevor-jersey-76d65c.html
Posted by: Sussexmariner, May 13, 2021, 7:56pm; Reply: 83
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Yes please, with red socks
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, May 13, 2021, 8:22pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from Sussexmariner

Yes please, with red socks

I'd be very happy with that. The neck needs to be black or red.
Posted by: lee65, May 13, 2021, 8:26pm; Reply: 85
Says “slim fit”..., looks like 2XL again!  ;)
Posted by: Heisenberg, May 13, 2021, 8:39pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Yes, none of this v-neck nonsense from the 90’s, and I’d keep red off the shirt, just on the socks for me. That round neck with thin black piping is the way to go, comfort and style wise. Just change the blue for white, and maybe Young’s for Google - perfect.
Posted by: Meza, May 13, 2021, 8:57pm; Reply: 87
why dont we do something through the trust like entries for Towns new kit design etc obviously they will be some wild ones but would be a good fan engagement i reckon.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 13, 2021, 9:12pm; Reply: 88
What about theses two?

[img]https://www.footballshirtculture.com/images/stories/paok-2017-2018-macron-home-football-shirt/paok_17_18_macron_home_football_shirt_a.jpg[/img]

[img]https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71LkXzGle9L._AC_UL1500_.jpg[/img]
Posted by: Meza, May 13, 2021, 9:31pm; Reply: 89
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
What about theses two?

[img]https://www.footballshirtculture.com/images/stories/paok-2017-2018-macron-home-football-shirt/paok_17_18_macron_home_football_shirt_a.jpg[/img]

[img]https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71LkXzGle9L._AC_UL1500_.jpg[/img]

i look at these and the first thing i see is prison haha
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 13, 2021, 10:03pm; Reply: 90
Nah. American sports umpires.
Posted by: Poojah, May 13, 2021, 10:37pm; Reply: 91
Nah. American sports umpires.

Handy for the players' second jobs at Footlocker. Oh hang on, we don't operate like that any more - old habits die hard!
Posted by: Mayaman, May 14, 2021, 7:10am; Reply: 92
I don't like the idea that we change kits every year - yeah I'm a humbug.   I'd rather spend money on other merchandising that stands the test of time rather than goes out of fashion a season later.
Posted by: aldi_01, May 14, 2021, 7:40am; Reply: 93
Quoted from Mayaman
I don't like the idea that we change kits every year - yeah I'm a humbug.   I'd rather spend money on other merchandising that stands the test of time rather than goes out of fashion a season later.

I know marketing people would probably argue it’s a good thing etc but I’m inclined to agree that perhaps keeping the home shirt for at least two years would help. May be not the club as such but the many families who have kids etc who always want the kit and the likes.

Change the away kit by all means but the home one could surely get two seasons?
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, May 14, 2021, 9:40am; Reply: 94
Quoted from aldi_01

I know marketing people would probably argue it’s a good thing etc but I’m inclined to agree that perhaps keeping the home shirt for at least two years would help. May be not the club as such but the many families who have kids etc who always want the kit and the likes.

Change the away kit by all means but the home one could surely get two seasons?

It's a double-edged sword, isn't it. You have the income benefits vs. the disposable income of the target audience.

For me, I'm not an awfully big fan of third kits, I think it's a swizz. £50 quid for something your team will wear 2-3 times a season just isn't worth it. Yes, it gives clubs the opportunity to break away from colours associated with the club, however, in my opinion, GTFC has lacked an 'identity' for several years now and if it was me I'd shy away from the off-brand colours.

There is a lot of financial pressure on fans to buy three a season. Four if your lit-lun wants the keeper kit as well. So here's how I would suggest this work:

Home and away, go back to basics. So it's new kits all across the board with a new supplier. (Year1)

Year 2 - replace away shirt. (With a 2-year lifespan)

Year 3 replace home (With a 2-year lifespan) and so on.

Of course, this depends on the length of the original deal. I would personally go with a three-year deal, keep things fresh the target audience. Everton do this well.

To replace this loss of income, the retail offering has to expand. This should be done with more 'online exclusives'. The reason for this is that the club does not need to hold stock and will relive the financial burden and thus items shipped out directly from the supplier. (This is just one way to do it)

Posted by: Bristol Mariner, May 14, 2021, 10:48am; Reply: 95
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Bye bye ERREA then from next season. Shame really as I like their kits and sweatshirts.

The shirts are poor quality. Poor design most seasons.
Posted by: Mayaman, May 14, 2021, 12:52pm; Reply: 96
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

It's a double-edged sword, isn't it. You have the income benefits vs. the disposable income of the target audience.

For me, I'm not an awfully big fan of third kits, I think it's a swizz. £50 quid for something your team will wear 2-3 times a season just isn't worth it. Yes, it gives clubs the opportunity to break away from colours associated with the club, however, in my opinion, GTFC has lacked an 'identity' for several years now and if it was me I'd shy away from the off-brand colours.

There is a lot of financial pressure on fans to buy three a season. Four if your lit-lun wants the keeper kit as well. So here's how I would suggest this work:

Home and away, go back to basics. So it's new kits all across the board with a new supplier. (Year1)

Year 2 - replace away shirt. (With a 2-year lifespan)

Year 3 replace home (With a 2-year lifespan) and so on.

Of course, this depends on the length of the original deal. I would personally go with a three-year deal, keep things fresh the target audience. Everton do this well.

To replace this loss of income, the retail offering has to expand. This should be done with more 'online exclusives'. The reason for this is that the club does not need to hold stock and will relive the financial burden and thus items shipped out directly from the supplier. (This is just one way to do it)

Sign this lad up.  
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, May 14, 2021, 2:24pm; Reply: 97
I think we should get away from the whole black and white stripes thing. It's old hat and has served its time.

Can I be bold and suggest white and black stripes instead. I think we could pull it off
Posted by: Madeleymariner, May 14, 2021, 2:51pm; Reply: 98
I think we should get away from the whole black and white stripes thing. It's old hat and has served its time.

Can I be bold and suggest white and black stripes instead. I think we could pull it off

You some kind of anarchist, don't be stupid we can't change from tradition as black & white stripes are our the modern identity. White and black stripes my @rse  ??) your talking out of yours bah humbug etc.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, May 14, 2021, 3:39pm; Reply: 99

STOCKWOODS, PETITS, SORT IT!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 14, 2021, 3:50pm; Reply: 100
How about one of these chocolate and blue shirts as a change strip:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Grimsby_Town/Grimsby_Town.htm
Ji
Posted by: Azimuth, May 14, 2021, 5:37pm; Reply: 101

Im all for small changes but that is completely radical and I dont think has ever been done by a team playing in Black and White stripes.
It will certainly confuse the opposition.
Not sure if its legal but could we change at half time between black and white and white and black?
Posted by: Poojah, May 14, 2021, 5:37pm; Reply: 102

Bit boring. Could at least throw in some red shorts to keep things interesting - beautiful...

[img]https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/contentassets/c49711f1419e4bebb1f4546cfb7b82c5/169244-3593704_1600x900[/img]

Posted by: DB, May 14, 2021, 5:56pm; Reply: 103
How about one of these chocolate and blue shirts as a change strip:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Grimsby_Town/Grimsby_Town.htm
Ji

New owners 1878, new start with 1878, new Hoops shirt from1878.

Just a thought.

Posted by: 4055 (Guest), May 14, 2021, 6:12pm; Reply: 104
Quoted from DB

Just a thought.

good idea as 2nd or3rd strip, but we are Black & White.    but good thinking though.
Posted by: DB, May 14, 2021, 6:24pm; Reply: 105
Quoted from 4055

good idea as 2nd or3rd strip, but we are Black & White.    but good thinking though.

Hoops looks black and white.

Posted by: Northbank Mariner, May 14, 2021, 6:28pm; Reply: 106
Whatever, whoever is the new kit supplier please do not go anywhere near this year's home shirt, it was bloody awful!..
We are and always have been the "Black n White" army....
Wether it's black n white or white n black, as long as those stripes are the same width round the circumference of the shirt I'll be one happy mariner..
Posted by: Abdul19, May 14, 2021, 6:40pm; Reply: 107
Now this I could get on board with (but more Dock Tower based): https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/2020-fc-edmonton-away-shirt-bnib.html
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 14, 2021, 6:53pm; Reply: 108
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Whatever, whoever is the new kit supplier please do not go anywhere near this year's home shirt, it was bloody awful!..
We are and always have been the "Black n White" army....
Wether it's black n white or white n black, as long as those stripes are the same width round the circumference of the shirt I'll be one happy mariner..

Well since 1910 but not for the previous 32 years
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 14, 2021, 7:11pm; Reply: 109
Quoted from Poojah

Bit boring. Could at least throw in some red shorts to keep things interesting - beautiful...

[img]https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/contentassets/c49711f1419e4bebb1f4546cfb7b82c5/169244-3593704_1600x900[/img]

Always liked the (ribero?) shorts with the red triangle on them
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 14, 2021, 7:23pm; Reply: 110

How about this to represent the fishing net

[img]https://portugoal.net/images/BFC3-0SLB.jpg[/img]
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 14, 2021, 7:27pm; Reply: 111

How about this to represent the fishing net

[img]https://portugoal.net/images/BFC3-0SLB.jpg[/img]

I remember a diadora training kit like that
Posted by: Zero_as_a_limit, May 15, 2021, 7:04am; Reply: 112
Quoted from DB

Just a thought.

Have always quite liked Queens Park's kit (especially in long sleeves) but too close to black & white stripes to have as an away kit:

[img]https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_dyHKT-19Nc/X2S02yzgRsI/AAAAAAAAVME/3cF6H9q-59o5Ajf-9LxbQBCSF5d6fGpYwCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/admiral-queens-park-fc-20-21-home-kit-3.jpg[/img]

Same thing with the white shirts (and boars' heads badge) that we had in the 1930s - classy but we couldn't really do it as an away kit:

[img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d8/76/85/d87685689191645f853ddaaadc290783.jpg[/img]
Posted by: GollyGTFC, May 29, 2021, 2:49pm; Reply: 113
I think I have liked more of the Errea strips that we have had than I have disliked. But I have to say if this is their best effort this year I'm glad we've gone elsewhere...

[img]https://www.footballshirtculture.com/images/stories/lincoln-city-2021-2022-home-kit/lincoln_city_2021_2022_home_kit_1.jpg[/img]

I don't think this looks right. Black shorts when there is no black on either the shirt or socks looks odd.
Posted by: pizzzza, May 29, 2021, 3:03pm; Reply: 114
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I think I have liked more of the Errea strips that we have had than I have disliked. But I have to say if this is their best effort this year I'm glad we've gone elsewhere...

[img]https://www.footballshirtculture.com/images/stories/lincoln-city-2021-2022-home-kit/lincoln_city_2021_2022_home_kit_1.jpg[/img]

I don't think this looks right. Black shorts when there is no black on either the shirt or socks looks odd.

Judging by the model's face he agrees with you... "Get me out this piece of excrement".
Posted by: Grimsby2012, May 29, 2021, 3:45pm; Reply: 115
[url=https://ibb.co/L5K8Ykq][img]https://i.ibb.co/dgZrjW3/grimsby-top.jpg[/img][/url]
Posted by: Withnail, May 29, 2021, 4:37pm; Reply: 116
I'd like there to be a choice of say 3 different kits for Trust members - rather than just the general public - to vote on.

This way it stops the vote being corrupted by Scunts and Gimps etc trying to take the pish. It'd also be another proactive way of giving the fan base some respect.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 29, 2021, 4:46pm; Reply: 117
Quoted from Withnail
I'd like there to be a choice of say 3 different kits for Trust members - rather than just the general public - to vote on.

This way it stops the vote being corrupted by Scunts and Gimps etc trying to take the pish. It'd also be another proactive way of giving the fan base some respect.

A couple of points, there are probably more town fans not members of the Trust than actual members.

Secondly, the Trust members made a intercourse up of the Fenty shares saga.
Posted by: Withnail, May 29, 2021, 4:54pm; Reply: 118
Quoted from arryarryarry

A couple of points, there are probably more town fans not members of the Trust than actual members.

Secondly, the Trust members made a intercourse up of the Fenty shares saga.

I don't care if it's trust members, season ticket holders, subscribers to iFollow, merchandise buyers... etc...etc...but there needs to be a way of weeding out fraudulent voters or it's a waste of time
Posted by: davmariner, May 29, 2021, 4:59pm; Reply: 119
Has a new kit manufacturer been confirmed? Or just Fishy gossip?
Posted by: rancido, May 29, 2021, 5:11pm; Reply: 120
Quoted from Meza

i look at these and the first thing i see is prison haha

Bad memories Meza?
Posted by: pizzzza, May 29, 2021, 6:07pm; Reply: 121
Quoted from davmariner
Has a new kit manufacturer been confirmed? Or just Fishy gossip?

Not confirmed but it's Macron. Not so closely kept secret.
Posted by: Meza, May 29, 2021, 11:26pm; Reply: 122
Quoted from rancido

Bad memories Meza?

haha no i meant the shirt reminds me of a prison uniform (from films etc), i'm a good boy me, my dad brought me up with respect.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 30, 2021, 7:55pm; Reply: 123
Quoted from Meza

haha no i meant the shirt reminds me of a prison uniform (from films etc), i'm a good boy me, my dad brought me up with respect.

And I thought dandelion was a bad girls name! But your sisters is ridiculous
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 11:57pm