IlkleyMariner
March 13, 2021, 8:51pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from RonMariner

I guess I am one of the 'negative ' fans you refer to.  I am angry, upset, frustrated and disappointed by the state of the club I love. That's why my posts are not always full of the joys of spring.

In terms of what do I suggest? Well if you went back to December you will see that I suggested bringing in at least 6 quality players. I specifically mentioned that we should not rely on inexperienced kids, non league players and players past their sell by date. Unfortunately very few of Hurst;s signings do not fall into one of those categories. It's too now though.

I get no joy from complaining about the state we have fallen to. We are going down,

Very interesting but my question was what should we do now. December has passed.

That said, I believe the new owners will bring a new approach and we will have some great seasons ahead of us. I can see us climbing up top the top of L1 within the next five years.  But we are going down this season.      .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 240 - 258
IlkleyMariner
March 13, 2021, 8:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Very interesting but my question was what do we do now?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 241 - 258
HertsGTFC
March 13, 2021, 8:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,954
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from DB

Dave Moore on his own is better than what we have.

Is their any truth in a rumour that Hurst is in for an award. Best league 2 manager to get his team relegated?

Well you’ve just confined my comment about you earlier.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 242 - 258
DB
March 13, 2021, 9:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,022
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Well you’ve just confined my comment about you earlier.

Sorry but I must have missed it.

Was it something to do with vision, optimism, positivity, realist, wanting the best for Town and similar words. Not wanting Town to go down to the NL, been given a fighting chance with a manager who takes, say 1.5 points per game, a manager who stood head and shoulders above all other candidates for the job. Criticising a manager, who in any other club would be sacked, for taking 6 points out of 36, for wining one very lucky game out of 12.

Did any of these upset you.

Hurst should be sacked, he might have done a good job in August but we had him, the man who all thought was the clubs saviour. Hurst said it's a mess in public, what he told the players at that time we may never know. Probably shattered the confidence of some.

He had the option to try and improve what he had with some quality. He didn't. He brought in his team, 1st choice, 2nd choice, fill a gap or whatever we will never know. What we do know is that it hasn't worked, since he came we went downwards. If you like being positive we can't drop anymore.

Most honourable men would resign, but not Hurst. When questioned by JT about putting pressure on the Colchester keeper Hurst said 'We hit the crossbar'. 90 minutes of pressure on a keeper to do one thing, hit a crossbar. That's being positive!, one shot on target in 90 mins of a relegation struggle.

If Hurst cannot keep us up, what chance have we of coming straight back up from the sh!ty NL. We have a very slim chance of staying up, but it needs a man manager who will motivate the players we have. I do not have details of the managers who would meet that criteria but somewhere this information formally or informally is available.

He doesn't have to be a mastermind tactician but to get the players to perform above their abilities for 12 or so games.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 243 - 258
RonMariner
March 13, 2021, 10:33pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,721
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Very interesting but my question was what do we do now?

I don't think there is anything we can do to save us this season. We just don't have the quality of players, and we can't bring in more at this stage.

Regarding the future, we need a massive clear out in the summer, serious investment in the playing staff, and a new manager. I am sure this is what the new owners will undertake.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 244 - 258
DB
March 13, 2021, 10:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,022
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from RonMariner

I don't think there is anything we can do to save us this season. We just don't have the quality of players, and we can't bring in more at this stage.

Regarding the future, we need a massive clear out in the summer, serious investment in the playing staff, and a new manager. I am sure this is what the new owners will undertake.

I agree with you, but who really did give the job to Hurst. As much as I ask nobody has answered the question, not even a rumour. Somebody has to be supporting him in the club hierarchy or he'd have gone. Consortium have no authority, Fenty is waiting for his cheque to be signed so Hurst's fairy godmother is a mystery.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 245 - 258
louth_in_the_south
March 13, 2021, 11:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Think we have to stick with what we’ve got this season
Thought p h should continue next season but not so sure now.

Apart from moaning, what do our negative fans suggest we do.
If we don’t continue support, we will certainly go down.

We’re going down . How can you watch that game and see any other outcome?! Absolutely pathetic second half .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 246 - 258
HertsGTFC
March 13, 2021, 11:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,954
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from DB

Sorry but I must have missed it.

Was it something to do with vision, optimism, positivity, realist, wanting the best for Town and similar words. Not wanting Town to go down to the NL, been given a fighting chance with a manager who takes, say 1.5 points per game, a manager who stood head and shoulders above all other candidates for the job. Criticising a manager, who in any other club would be sacked, for taking 6 points out of 36, for wining one very lucky game out of 12.

Did any of these upset you.

Hurst should be sacked, he might have done a good job in August but we had him, the man who all thought was the clubs saviour. Hurst said it's a mess in public, what he told the players at that time we may never know. Probably shattered the confidence of some.

He had the option to try and improve what he had with some quality. He didn't. He brought in his team, 1st choice, 2nd choice, fill a gap or whatever we will never know. What we do know is that it hasn't worked, since he came we went downwards. If you like being positive we can't drop anymore.

Most honourable men would resign, but not Hurst. When questioned by JT about putting pressure on the Colchester keeper Hurst said 'We hit the crossbar'. 90 minutes of pressure on a keeper to do one thing, hit a crossbar. That's being positive!, one shot on target in 90 mins of a relegation struggle.

If Hurst cannot keep us up, what chance have we of coming straight back up from the sh!ty NL. We have a very slim chance of staying up, but it needs a man manager who will motivate the players we have. I do not have details of the managers who would meet that criteria but somewhere this information formally or informally is available.

He doesn't have to be a mastermind tactician but to get the players to perform above their abilities for 12 or so games.

None of what you say upsets me I just find it bizarre that after all if your in depth synopsis of the current situation all you can suggest is give the job to Dave Moore.

Maybe some of the players are already performing above their current abilities, maybe the players just aren’t good enough.

When you say he had the option to improve us with some quality I’m no expert but “quality” doesn’t usually dwell at the bottom of league 2 or usually gravitate to that level.

In terms of getting a “man manager” to motivate the players how do you measure this? Is it someone who jumps around like a demented baboon on the touch line? Well we had one of those and he caused untold damage and walked when he couldn’t grab his pay day.

Or is the “man manager“ a manager who quietly gets on with the business of creating an environment where everyone is on the same page towards the same cause.

If we go down should Hurst go? Yeah quite possibly but calling for his head now hardly illustrates “optimism” or “positivity” does it?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 247 - 258
louth_in_the_south
March 13, 2021, 11:48pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 96
Optimism and Positivity aren’t 2 words that are meaning a lot to me and probably a load of other Town fans at the minute.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 248 - 258
arryarryarry
March 14, 2021, 12:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from HertsGTFC

And who would replace him exactly?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Same old boring answer.

Any of the out of work managers out there couldn't really do much worse.
Private Message
Reply: 249 - 258
26 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Colchester Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.