Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Colchester Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 122 Guests

Colchester Match Thread

This thread currently has 38,112 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
The_Chief
March 13, 2021, 8:00pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +302
Fookin ell lads. Grab these fookin opportunities when they smack you in the face.  

6 points should've been bagged from the last 2 games. Instead they can't see a game out midweek and have made Pell look like Kevin de Bruyne.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 230 - 258
DB
March 13, 2021, 8:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,031
Gold Stars: 389
JT to Hurst, we didn't work their keeper, well we hit the crossbar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's talked the talk with JT but he has to . How on earth can anybody defend him. It's a point business and we aren't getting any in abundance. Played 12, max points 36, 1 win 3 draws and 8 defeats and bottom of the league.

Any other club he'd have gone. Why are we so poor at looking at the obvious?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 231 - 258
HertsGTFC
March 13, 2021, 8:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from DB
JT to Hurst, we didn't work their keeper, well we hit the crossbar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's talked the talk with JT but he has to . How on earth can anybody defend him. It's a point business and we aren't getting any in abundance. Played 12, max points 36, 1 win 3 draws and 8 defeats and bottom of the league.

Any other club he'd have gone. Why are we so poor at looking at the obvious?

And who would replace him exactly?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 232 - 258
Hagrid
March 13, 2021, 8:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,433
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from Steve Richards
Very poor zero creativity. Subs were poor and whole team tired. Where are Williams Bennett and Scannell when you need them? On to Wednesday...

2 are injured ones the others flipping excrement
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 233 - 258
Quagmire
March 13, 2021, 8:21pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
With this record he can’t be allowed to continue next season, 6 points out of 36 is shocking.

He’s got to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 234 - 258
IlkleyMariner
March 13, 2021, 8:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 69
Think we have to stick with what we’ve got this season
Thought p h should continue next season but not so sure now.

Apart from moaning, what do our negative fans suggest we do.
If we don’t continue support, we will certainly go down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 235 - 258
DB
March 13, 2021, 8:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

And who would replace him exactly?

Dave Moore on his own is better than what we have.

Is their any truth in a rumour that Hurst is in for an award. Best league 2 manager to get his team relegated?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 236 - 258
DB
March 13, 2021, 8:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

Well that excludes my comments, I'm known as a positive fan by many.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 237 - 258
RonMariner
March 13, 2021, 8:38pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,730
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

I guess I am one of the 'negative ' fans you refer to.  I am angry, upset, frustrated and disappointed by the state of the club I love. That's why my posts are not always full of the joys of spring.

In terms of what do I suggest? Well if you went back to December you will see that I suggested bringing in at least 6 quality players. I specifically mentioned that we should not rely on inexperienced kids, non league players and players past their sell by date. Unfortunately very few of Hurst;s signings do not fall into one of those categories. It's too now though.

I get no joy from complaining about the state we have fallen to. We are going down,

That said, I believe the new owners will bring a new approach and we will have some great seasons ahead of us. I can see us climbing up top the top of L1 within the next five years.  But we are going down this season.      .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 238 - 258
DB
March 13, 2021, 8:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from RonMariner

I guess I am one of the 'negative ' fans you refer to.  I am angry, upset, frustrated and disappointed by the state of the club I love. That's why my posts are not always full of the joys of spring.

In terms of what do I suggest? Well if you went back to December you will see that I suggested bringing in at least 6 quality players. I specifically mentioned that we should not rely on inexperienced kids, non league players and players past their sell by date. Unfortunately very few of Hurst;s signings do not fall into one of those categories. It's too now though.

I get no joy from complaining about the state we have fallen to. We are going down,

That said, I believe the new owners will bring a new approach and we will have some great seasons ahead of us. I can see us climbing up top the top of L1 within the next five years.  But we are going down this season.      .

I'm an optimist as you know, but I can't see this at all for a decade at least. I'll probably be dead before that happens, too much competition in the NL of ex league clubs.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 239 - 258
26 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Colchester Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.