4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Brazilnut
March 8, 2021, 9:50am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
Thought I would start a thread which with luck wont descend into posters attacking each other  or name calling .

Have you ever been caught on camera and seen on TV while in the process of following /supporting Town

Mine was as a 11yr old back in 1976 with a freshly broken arm I was a ball boy (who then sat on a bench near the dug out and was just required to go retrieve balls if they was hit over the stands and out the ground ).....Town was playing Crystal Palace at home and it was televised on the Sunday highlights program and  a number of times as play was around the center of the pitch you could see in the back ground a very fresh faced ball boy waving his arm about in plaster ......if I remember correctly Town lost the match 1-2 with palace scoring in the 1st and 90th minute and town scoring in the 45th minute

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
cannylad68
March 8, 2021, 10:13am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
Different sport.
My wife and I spent a few days with friends in Leeds, to coincide with the test match.
My friend and I had front row seats.
We were watching the highlights at night, when a boundary ball came our way. Right in front of the picture was my friend with an empty seat next to him.
With that my wife said 'where were you'.
If she had thought first before balling me out, she would have realised, I was getting the beers in.

FYI Ilkley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 37
The_Laughing_Mariner
March 8, 2021, 10:18am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Was that the arm I broke for you

IIRC Peter Taylor scored both Palace goals

The Game at Palace a couple of years ago, apparently my mate and I were featured heavily in the TV coverage as we were on the front row.

I used to be in St John, so was regularly seen around the perimeter or carrying someone off

Also a few years ago my wife and I were seen on Mastermind semi finals sat behind John Humphreys

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 37
cmackenzie4
March 8, 2021, 10:48am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Yes in 1992 (I think) when Town were at Plymouth, we won 2.1, I was in the Royal Navy at the time (based in Plymouth) and the highlights were on the local tv station later, it zoomed in on the mariners fans and there I was haha

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 37
jamesgtfc
March 8, 2021, 11:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,956
Gold Stars: 190
Back in our Division One days we played Luton at home on TV. I used to sit in the Main Stand right behind the old directors box and at the end.

Mike Newell was Luton manager and stood next to me. The camera zoomed in on him and I was live on Sky Sports.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 37
Les Brechin
March 8, 2021, 12:10pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,708
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Brazilnut
Thought I would start a thread which with luck wont descend into posters attacking each other  or name calling .

Have you ever been caught on camera and seen on TV while in the process of following /supporting Town

Mine was as a 11yr old back in 1976 with a freshly broken arm I was a ball boy (who then sat on a bench near the dug out and was just required to go retrieve balls if they was hit over the stands and out the ground ).....Town was playing Crystal Palace at home and it was televised on the Sunday highlights program and  a number of times as play was around the center of the pitch you could see in the back ground a very fresh faced ball boy waving his arm about in plaster ......if I remember correctly Town lost the match 1-2 with palace scoring in the 1st and 90th minute and town scoring in the 45th minute

That's a coincidence. I was on TV in that very same game.  I was 11 at the time too and was caught on camera with my best mate waving like mad at the camera as Crystal Palace took a corner at The Pontoon End. Been on TV quite a few times in the crowd over the years at various games on highlights and live games.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 37
Les Brechin
March 8, 2021, 12:13pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,708
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Yes in 1992 (I think) when Town were at Plymouth, we won 2.1, I was in the Royal Navy at the time (based in Plymouth) and the highlights were on the local tv station later, it zoomed in on the mariners fans and there I was haha

Yeah, I was at that game too. drunk it down with rain most of the game and the 100 or so Town fans were doing the conga around the away end signing "Singing In The Rain". I think that was the game when Super Clive scored his first ever goal for us and there was a rare goal for Mark Lever that night. Happy days.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 37
grimsby pete
March 8, 2021, 12:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
My wife and I was behind the goal away to Sheffield Wednesday in the 80's.

When we got home and watched the highlights on TV  we could see ourselves several times .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 37
The_Laughing_Mariner
March 8, 2021, 2:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
does crimewatch count?

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 37
Northbank Mariner
March 8, 2021, 2:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
does crimewatch count?

Why, has Holloway been in TV recently??🤔
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 37
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Caught on Camera

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.