March 8, 2021, 7:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,971
Gold Stars: 386

Neither. I got a full time job and left the club completely

Good for you

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 37
jaygy
March 8, 2021, 8:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Fulham playoff game in 98, when the goal went in you could see a 12 year old me clambering to get over the hoardings to celebrate whilst my dad was pulling me back over.....never did make it onto the pitch he was just too strong 🤣
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 37
GYinScuntland
March 8, 2021, 9:10pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Many times I have been on camera but never while supporting Town. I worked as a Steward, groundstaff, Reserves Steward, Senior Steward in the Pontoon and as the CCTV operator. At one point I was second in command within the ground with the ability to order the Police around. Oh the memories

Prefect at school too?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 37
supertown
March 8, 2021, 9:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,437
Gold Stars: 53
Many times I have been on camera but never while supporting Town. I worked as a Steward, groundstaff, Reserves Steward, Senior Steward in the Pontoon and as the CCTV operator. At one point I was second in command within the ground with the ability to order the Police around. Oh the memories

Course you did ! I worked in that environment for many years and the Police was a completely separate ‘control unit’ to the civilian/ ground safety one, albeit next to each other.  They did not get ‘ordered around’ by a second in command steward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 37
Hants.Mariner
March 8, 2021, 10:21pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +98
Gold Stars: 1
1989 I think a Friday night (and my birthday) when we won 2-0 in Southend we spotted ourselves in the corner on tv the next day.

And the Reading FA Cup replay when Kevin Jobling scored the winner I was down the front doing a little jig on camera 🤦

The world weighs on my shoulders
But what am I to do
You sometimes drive me crazy
But I worry about you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 37
aldi_01
March 9, 2021, 6:07am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
As a child I, along with 7 other town fans appeared on Socceram in 1998, day before first Wembley. At the time we were the first set of town fans they ever had on. I’ve a VHS of it somewhere but annoyingly it isn’t on YouTube.

I’ve been in the telewag a few times whilst being at town games and I was apparently spotted escaping from my seat at the end of the Spurs game in 2005, much to the embarrassment of my then girlfriend who was watching the game with me at BP, and all her mates sending her messages asking if the lad in the orange coat running full tilt was me...mocking her.

There’s a couple of others I’ve been drawn too. You can also hear me losing my excrement at Northampton away when that weird ground hopper bloke was there...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 37
KingstonMariner
March 9, 2021, 1:52pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from moosey_club

Haha Trevor Morley, can remember giving him sh1tloads of abuse humorous banter when he was at BP with West Ham, just after his domestic where his Mrs reportedly attacked him with a knife after he was supposedly shagging a teammate...
....ahhhh the good old days.

I remember the chant of "there's only one bash the Bishop" at our game at Upton Park around then. Bishop being the aforementioned team mate.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 37
KingstonMariner
March 9, 2021, 1:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from arryarryarry

I would have been just off camera to the right as you look at the goal.

A lot better day than was it Boxing Day when it pithed it down?

If it's the one I'm thinking of in the early 90s at Elm Park, I took a mate there to his one and only Town game. He was off work after that with pneumonia.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Caught on Camera

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.