3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
March 6, 2021, 5:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,389
Gold Stars: 534
There will be a lot of hurt anger and upset tonight, i feel empty, we’ve had it. Im sure you all feel the same

But my brother- who has downsyndrome- as most of you know, is absolutely desolate. He’s lost everything over the last year, shielded, none of his clubs, not seeing his carer or friends. He bought his ST same as me more in hope.
In tears in his room, as the slow realistation hits him that our club is once again heading for the hellhole

Theres many to blame in this, i’ll admit i expected more of Hurst, i really did. But this was set in stone with the decisions of john fenty Phillip day and Ian Holloway long before this season started. And they’ve broken me, my poor brother and 4000 loyal supporters

How can we come back again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mariner_501
March 6, 2021, 5:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Fenty should never get away with this!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
Humbercod
March 6, 2021, 5:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Sorry to hear that Hagrid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
Northbank Mariner
March 6, 2021, 5:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
That post Hagrid wants showing to this shower sh!t...they've no idea how much it hurts us, my god they are so lucky we are not in the ground, I honestly think there would a flipping riot!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
TAGG
March 6, 2021, 5:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Give him a big hug from all the fishy x

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
RonMariner
March 6, 2021, 5:26pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,668
Gold Stars: 226
I feel your pain mate, we all do.

All I can say is that we have been rock bottom before, but have gone on to have great times.

I don't know how old you are, but I am 62 and my first season as a regular fan was 1971-72 which was fantastic. Yet a couple of years earlier we had had to seek re-election.

I saw us relegated to Div 4 in the mid 70's but then the might Joe Waters/Moore/Drinkell/ Ford side was the best Town side I have ever seen and we nearly made it to the top division.

We had a dreadful side in 88 when we had suffered a double relegation, but then Buckley arrived and we enjoyed two lengthy spells in the second tier and had some great memories.

I have seen us relegated 7 times. Each time it seemed like the end of the world, but in fact we bounce back time and time again.

We are about to get new owners and I think they will bring good times back, I really do.

So don't despair. We have come back before, and we will again.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 27
moosey_club
March 6, 2021, 5:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Hagrid
There will be a lot of hurt anger and upset tonight, i feel empty, we’ve had it. Im sure you all feel the same

But my brother- who has downsyndrome- as most of you know, is absolutely desolate. He’s lost everything over the last year, shielded, none of his clubs, not seeing his carer or friends. He bought his ST same as me more in hope.
In tears in his room, as the slow realistation hits him that our club is once again heading for the hellhole

Theres many to blame in this, i’ll admit i expected more of Hurst, i really did. But this was set in stone with the decisions of john fenty Phillip day and Ian Holloway long before this season started. And they’ve broken me, my poor brother and 4000 loyal supporters

Just let him know he has a band of brothers and sisters who share his pain and eventually all of them will be glad to see him once the football gates are back open, managers come and go, players come and go, directors come and go (eventually)  but we remain constant and between us WE are this club and WE are family.  
Sorry to hear another "brother" is hurting right now , but one day we will be smiling together again.

UTM

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
chipsandgravy
March 6, 2021, 5:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,597
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Hagrid

I hope for your brothers sake that the good times will return.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
headingly_mariner
March 6, 2021, 5:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Get your arm round him and remind him all is not lost.
Was a tight game lost on small margins and we weren’t too bad.
It looks bleak and I’m hurting today but there is still a way to travel and I expect many ups and downs between now and the finish.

I’m sure if the worst happens we will still go and at least Fenty won’t be involved in it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
Plankton
March 6, 2021, 5:40pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,208
Gold Stars: 38
Very sad to hear this mate. It feels now the course is set and we are down, but we will have good days again and it's going to take some time to get to them, but they will come. If it helps then let your brother know that how he feels about GTFC is how a lot of people feel and with new ownership we can have positive reset of the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Real Hurt

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.