This thread currently has 5,198 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
March 6, 2021, 8:20pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
We need the bad times to give the good times context. In our time in this spell in League Two the best feeling I remember was against Morecambe at home in the very first game back in 2016 (we won as well). The match that preceded it, the final against FGR, was also of course very special. But they were only special because of all the pain that preceded them. If I had watched those games on TV as a neutral or even a "paper" Grimsby supporter they'd have been nothing unusual.

Going down I believe gives us a good chance to have good days like those on the horizon again.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 27
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
March 6, 2021, 9:52pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 117
#Hagridsbrother

Check out who Hagrids post has been sent to, and then retweet to any other players you know of on Twatter
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
bawarmy
March 6, 2021, 9:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,009
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Hagrid
There will be a lot of hurt anger and upset tonight, i feel empty, we’ve had it. Im sure you all feel the same

But my brother- who has downsyndrome- as most of you know, is absolutely desolate. He’s lost everything over the last year, shielded, none of his clubs, not seeing his carer or friends. He bought his ST same as me more in hope.
In tears in his room, as the slow realistation hits him that our club is once again heading for the hellhole

Theres many to blame in this, i’ll admit i expected more of Hurst, i really did. But this was set in stone with the decisions of john fenty Phillip day and Ian Holloway long before this season started. And they’ve broken me, my poor brother and 4000 loyal supporters

How can we come back again

We will come back and when we do I will be thinking of you and your bro. Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
sydney
March 6, 2021, 10:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3

Very Best Wishes to you and your brother Hagrid

We are all feeling it very much
Can’t believe the absolute joy of 2015 would be like this so soon
Is there any fan or anyone out there who thinks we are getting better and hurst can still stop us been relegated?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
Hagrid
March 6, 2021, 10:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,414
Gold Stars: 534
Thanks to all. Posted the same thing on twitter and had some lovely heartwarming messages from fans who know callum

Broadley FC have invited him to meet the Legends when their game goes ahead, and some of his club leaders etc have seen the tweet and passed on their best. He and I have both had our vaccines and hopefully we’re gonna be able to get him to see his carer come April time.
I dont know if the players read any tweets or if some even care about what the fans think, but whilst its not just Callum who is feeling like this, and i fully appreciate that, i just hope maybe 1 of them see’s it and it just spurs them on to give that extra 10% to the bitter end
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
GYinScuntland
March 6, 2021, 10:17pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Look on the bright side, as someone mentioned to me there's only 15 defeats to the end of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
LouthMariner
March 7, 2021, 12:58am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +104
Gold Stars: 3
So sorry to read this, please tell your brother that all is not lost just yet.

But if the worst does happen then it is not the end of the world. We, as fans, just want to see our team win, score goals and come back on a Saturday evening with sore throats and smiles on our faces. We did plenty of that in non league, we were always at the top of the table, playing well and winning, which is more than I can say for the last season.

How many times did we get to go to Wembley in non league? How many times since? We are prepared for it now, we know what to expect, 1000's of fans away from home, out numbering the home fans, seeing Grimsby win away again. It was all doom and gloom last time, but we know that it isn't that bad really and with new leadership we will hopefully hit the ground running.

But on the flip side, my dream tonight is going to consist of Town going on a fantastic run, staying up, lockdown ending, a balmy sunny summer and England winning the Euro's. Oh we can dream, make sure he keeps his chin up and we will no doubt get that buzz back soon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
MuddyWaters
March 7, 2021, 8:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Really feeling for you Hagrid. Both of our boys are on the autistic spectrum and we all have season tickets. Blundell Park is part of our life and not being able to go has been particularly difficult for eldest son. He’s angry, frustrated and upset. The Holloway dream seems so long ago now, another massive smoke screen that temporarily restored some goodwill.

Hope you and your brother can see the new owners as a positive, sad that it is that they might have to start from a level that none of us wanted.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Real Hurt

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.