3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
psgmariner
March 6, 2021, 5:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Sorry to hear this. Hopefully next season will be better for all of us.

Private Message
Reply: 10 - 27
Spidey
March 6, 2021, 6:29pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +372
Gold Stars: 4
After that game at Burton, I came home and literally broke down in tears, that was the first time I'd cied tears of sadness as an adult, and I was approaching my forties! This is how it gets you, it's not a minor thing to some, it can seem literally like the end of the world to some people. I'm glad I'm at work today, I can take my mind off it a little.
Thinking of your lad, and others in the same position Hagrid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
HertsGTFC
March 6, 2021, 6:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,883
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Hagrid
There will be a lot of hurt anger and upset tonight, i feel empty, we’ve had it. Im sure you all feel the same

But my brother- who has downsyndrome- as most of you know, is absolutely desolate. He’s lost everything over the last year, shielded, none of his clubs, not seeing his carer or friends. He bought his ST same as me more in hope.
In tears in his room, as the slow realistation hits him that our club is once again heading for the hellhole

Theres many to blame in this, i’ll admit i expected more of Hurst, i really did. But this was set in stone with the decisions of john fenty Phillip day and Ian Holloway long before this season started. And they’ve broken me, my poor brother and 4000 loyal supporters

How can we come back again

Get your arm around him fella, tell him he’s never alone as a Town supporter.

At the moment this club doesn’t deserve supporters like you and your brother but it will be worthy of your loyalty again I’m sure if that.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 27
Eastendmariner
March 6, 2021, 6:46pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +940
Gold Stars: 22
Hagrid
I hope you and your Brother are OK. Try and keep your pecker up I am sure we as Town fans all are very upset  and a lost at the state of our club, It is important to us not being there it make it worse as we can't let go vocally or emotionally. Hopefully when the previous owners clear their desks and we get new owners we as a club can start to rebuild and move forward with REAL  ambition  It will be tough but we have a passionate and loyal fan base. Take care fella UTM

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
Spurn boy
March 6, 2021, 6:48pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,200
Gold Stars: 26
I think that the teams of the 80,s and90,s that contained local players, I’m thinking of the Moore brothers, Drinkell and Tony Ford had so much more pride and passion than the journeymen we have at the moment. If we get relegated and it really looks like it will happen the players we have at the moment will just move on to the next stage of their career and leave us the long suffering fans to continue to bear the consequences of their half hearted efforts to keep us in the league.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 27
Rick12
March 6, 2021, 6:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Hagrid

But my brother- who has downsyndrome- as most of you know,
I didnt know that and sad to hear. One of my friends brother has downs as well and I know it affected his parents for weeks after negatively when they found out.

On a lighter note at least he still has the Euros in the summer to look forward to as Iam sure most are(I think they will go ahead).

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 27
moosey_club
March 6, 2021, 6:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,213
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Rick12
I didnt know that and sad to hear. One of my friends brother has downs as well and I know it affected his parents for weeks after negatively when they found out.

On a lighter note at least he still has the Euros in the summer to look forward to
as Iam sure most are(I think they will go ahead).

He's Irish  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 27
Rick12
March 6, 2021, 7:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from moosey_club

He's Irish  

I didnt know that either  . Still its the beautiful game and it will be a great sporting spectacle. Ive always loved the world cups and European championships from when I started getting into football seriously as a 10 year old. Almost like Christmas for me .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 27
Total Hawsehole
March 6, 2021, 7:06pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +140
Gold Stars: 2
I just don't get the lack of fight from this lot. In 2010, they at least managed to keep a glimmer of hope alive for a while, were going out like a bather in Barrymore's pool, not Captain Oates!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 27
winghams
March 6, 2021, 7:16pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +84
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from RonMariner
I feel your pain mate, we all do.

All I can say is that we have been rock bottom before, but have gone on to have great times.

I don't know how old you are, but I am 62 and my first season as a regular fan was 1971-72 which was fantastic. Yet a couple of years earlier we had had to seek re-election.

I saw us relegated to Div 4 in the mid 70's but then the might Joe Waters/Moore/Drinkell/ Ford side was the best Town side I have ever seen and we nearly made it to the top division.

We had a dreadful side in 88 when we had suffered a double relegation, but then Buckley arrived and we enjoyed two lengthy spells in the second tier and had some great memories.

I have seen us relegated 7 times. Each time it seemed like the end of the world, but in fact we bounce back time and time again.

We are about to get new owners and I think they will bring good times back, I really do.

So don't despair. We have come back before, and we will again.  

It hurts alright but Ron's spot on.
78 this year, if I make May, and I remember being in the Pontoon when you could have had a little kick around of your own there was that much space.  Losing to someone like Rotherham or similar. Town have always been a bit up and down and that why I remember propping up a stanchion in the Osmond and seeing Mickey Brolley's goal scream in to make it 2 up against Everton.  And lots lots more good memories.  New start round the corner.

Come on Hagrid and cheer up your little brother - it can pass - and I reckon it will.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Real Hurt

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.