Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Takeover (again)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 92 Guests

The Takeover (again)

This thread currently has 8,165 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
March 1, 2021, 5:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from DB

Looking at some of those documents it looks like the project was started in 1999 and has been passed now. Given Fenty's years as owner with out a new stadium it just shows that if their is a will there's a way.

There’s always a way, but I’d imagine you also have to be forward thinking and not thinking entirely about yourself in these situations. Sadly, I don’t ever think a new stadium was ever about the club and moving us forward, more a vanity project to massage Fenty’s ego and raise his profile further...and make some cash.

Some might take comfort in the takeover going at a slower pace, may indicate that every detail is being covered.

You have to remember though, Fenty has put all that money in over the years. It’s hard for him to just walk away from tha...sorry, my bad. He’s getting it all back, and 200k that doesn’t belong to him.

It’ll happen, I guess we are all just anxious and want it done now. Start of a new era and all that...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 57
DB
March 1, 2021, 6:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Totally agree

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 57
GollyGTFC
March 1, 2021, 7:18am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from realist

Directors financial status is published by companies house. Search Tom Shutes and read this https://companycheck.co.uk/director/913355346/MR-THOMAS-HENRY-SHUTES/summary
However with your lack of any nous you might find it difficult to understand

Sorry, but you clearly have no understanding about what you are talking about. How does the financial statements of PLCs give any indication of the personal wealth of one of its directors? I’ll save you some time googling and tell you it doesn’t.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 57
DB
March 1, 2021, 8:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Just looking at the Wrexham ownership change, the supporters trust agreed to the take over on the 18th Nov, but it wasn't finalised till 10th Feb. So if Fenty agreed Christmas eve the deal will go through about 3rd week of this month using the Wrexham time scale.

Wish it could be sooner.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 57
DB
March 1, 2021, 6:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
We think we have problems waiting for the takeover to go through but what about Derby :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56194531

It looks like the prospective new owner hasn't any money !

'One current suggestion is that Sheikh Khaled is trying to find alternative sources of funding'

We don't know how lucky we are.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 57
GollyGTFC
March 1, 2021, 6:27pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from DB
We think we have problems waiting for the takeover to go through but what about Derby :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56194531

It looks like the prospective new owner hasn't any money !

'One current suggestion is that Sheikh Khaled is trying to find alternative sources of funding'

We don't know how lucky we are.

Remind me how much of their own money the Glazers used to buy Man Utd? How much of their own money did Burnley's new owners use?

Other than Abramovich & Sheikh Mansour types, does anyone use their own money to buy a football club (or any business for that matter)? Or do they finance it and then put the debt against the club/business they are buying?

Google how those brothers from Blackburn who own Euro Garages have financed their purchase of Asda.

Standard practise.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 57
DB
March 1, 2021, 7:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Remind me how much of their own money the Glazers used to buy Man Utd? How much of their own money did Burnley's new owners use?

Other than Abramovich & Sheikh Mansour types, does anyone use their own money to buy a football club (or any business for that matter)? Or do they finance it and then put the debt against the club/business they are buying?

Google how those brothers from Blackburn who own Euro Garages have financed their purchase of Asda.

Standard practise.

It is not standard practise to have money in place only for it then to 'disappear'. The wording is Alternative Funding. If I'm not mistaken the Glaziers etc had money in place to buy with and then loaded the debt onto the club.

The devil is in the detail, as they say.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 57
TownSNAFU5
March 1, 2021, 7:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
I don’t like this thread heading and thread continuing over time.  If you go away for a few days you could the wrong impression that there had been ANOTHER takeover.  This could only be bad news 😉😆😆😆😞
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 57
GollyGTFC
March 1, 2021, 7:28pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from DB

It is not standard practise to have money in place only for it then to 'disappear'. The wording is Alternative Funding. If I'm not mistaken the Glaziers etc had money in place to buy with and then loaded the debt onto the club.

The devil is in the detail, as they say.

Alternative funding could (and is in this case) be having finance in place & shopping around because he believes he can get a better rate and/or terms at a different lender.

If you were buying a business which has zero prospects of ever returning an annual profit (unless they reach the Premier League and even then they probably wouldn't make a profit) why on earth would you pay cash when you could finance it by way of a loan (against the club)?

Only a complete moron would pay cash for a football club.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 28 - 57
lew chaterleys lover
March 1, 2021, 7:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
On the subject of the takeover, you have to feel for the prospective new owners. It will be an absolute disaster if we go down for so many reasons.

All their plans will surely have been on the assumption that we would remain a league club; the kudos, the extra funding, the importance of a new stadium for a grand old football league club.

These plans won't be in tatters, but they will be severely dented if the unthinkable happens, especially in attracting the new investment they surely have in mind.

All the excitement of the takeover and their plans for the future will be sorely tested if we are relegated. I imagine the take up for season tickets would have been high with so much to look forward to, but it will be hard work generating the interest if the fixture list sees us in the National League.

In a perverted sort of way, this sad situation sums up Fenty and his one-man demolition of the club to leave office when we are rock bottom of the Football League, which for him is actually a higher pyramid finish than six of his disastrous seasons in charge and only marginally worse than the rest.

I feel as sick as the proverbial parrot, and so I look to Hurst and the team to get us out of this mess, but no luck so far. I am just hoping and praying for a spectacular turn around and for us to be the happiest fans in the league with so much to look forward to - our fortunes have got to change soon surely to God.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Takeover (again)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.