Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Takeover (again)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 185 Guests

The Takeover (again)

This thread currently has 8,164 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
malkamalka
March 1, 2021, 7:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from DB

Looking at some of those documents it looks like the project was started in 1999 and has been passed now. Given Fenty's years as owner with out a new stadium it just shows that if their is a will there's a way.

A multi billionaire owner, backed by an even more multi billionaire helps!

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 57
DB
March 1, 2021, 7:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Alternative funding could (and is in this case) be having finance in place & shopping around because he believes he can get a better rate and/or terms at a different lender.

If you were buying a business which has zero prospects of ever returning an annual profit (unless they reach the Premier League and even then they probably wouldn't make a profit) why on earth would you pay cash when you could finance it by way of a loan (against the club)?

Only a complete moron would pay cash for a football club.

The selling owner usually receives CASH, so it doesn't say much for the buyers does it.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 57
GollyGTFC
March 1, 2021, 7:50pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
On the subject of the takeover, you have to feel for the prospective new owners. It will be an absolute disaster if we go down for so many reasons.

All their plans will surely have been on the assumption that we would remain a league club; the kudos, the extra funding, the importance of a new stadium for a grand old football league club.

These plans won't be in tatters, but they will be severely dented if the unthinkable happens, especially in attracting the new investment they surely have in mind.

All the excitement of the takeover and their plans for the future will be sorely tested if we are relegated. I imagine the take up for season tickets would have been high with so much to look forward to, but it will be hard work generating the interest if the fixture list sees us in the National League.

In a perverted sort of way, this sad situation sums up Fenty and his one-man demolition of the club to leave office when we are rock bottom of the Football League, which for him is actually a higher pyramid finish than six of his disastrous seasons in charge and only marginally worse than the rest.

I feel as sick as the proverbial parrot, and so I look to Hurst and the team to get us out of this mess, but no luck so far. I am just hoping and praying for a spectacular turn around and for us to be the happiest fans in the league with so much to look forward to - our fortunes have got to change soon surely to God.

Football is a meritocracy. Every perspective owner knows that and accepts the risk.

I don't think league status (in the short to medium term) will effect the plans our perspective owners have for the club.

I don't think they are motivated by footballing success anywhere near as much as they are motivated by the idea of using the club to make things better in NE Lincolnshire.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 32 - 57
DB
March 1, 2021, 7:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from malkamalka

A multi billionaire owner, backed by an even more multi billionaire helps!

An owner who's had 16 years to raise funds and hasn't isn't much help.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 57
GollyGTFC
March 1, 2021, 7:57pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from DB

The selling owner usually receives CASH, so it doesn't say much for the buyers does it.

Do you own a house? When you bought it the seller received the full sale price didn't they? In cash into their bank account. The fact that you got a mortgage doesn't mean they don't receive the cash.

You don't seem to have much understanding of money and finance.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 34 - 57
DB
March 1, 2021, 8:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Do you own a house? When you bought it the seller received the full sale price didn't they? In cash into their bank account. The fact that you got a mortgage doesn't mean they don't receive the cash.

You don't seem to have much understanding of money and finance.

At the end of the day a 'moron' (your word) will loan cash (your word) to a person to buy a football club, as the buyer will not want to use his own cash. Being a highly intelligent financial person the moron will want some form of a guarantee from the person who wants invest the morons millions into a venture that will probably not make a profit (your words).

You said 'Alternative funding could (and is in this case) be having finance in place & shopping around because he believes he can get a better rate and/or terms at a different lender.'

Whereas the article from the BBC said, if care to read it ' No official reason has been given for the delay - or whether there is a cut-off date for the deal to go through.
A source close to the Sheikh refused to elaborate, on or off the record, when asked. Derby also declined to comment..'

Saying 'and is in this case' means that not only are you are fully aware of the Sheiks business dealings and have informed the world through The Fishy of the Sheiks intensions, and that what has been said by you is what the Sheik is definitely doing.

From this I can only conclude that you are more than a close friend of Sheik Khaled or you have a big ego.

Personally I think the latter but if I am wrong please accept my apologies.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 57
GollyGTFC
March 1, 2021, 8:59pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from DB

At the end of the day a 'moron' (your word) will loan cash (your word) to a person to buy a football club, as the buyer will not want to use his own cash. Being a highly intelligent financial person the moron will want some form of a guarantee from the person who wants invest the morons millions into a venture that will probably not make a profit (your words).

You said 'Alternative funding could (and is in this case) be having finance in place & shopping around because he believes he can get a better rate and/or terms at a different lender.'

Whereas the article from the BBC said, if care to read it ' No official reason has been given for the delay - or whether there is a cut-off date for the deal to go through.
A source close to the Sheikh refused to elaborate, on or off the record, when asked. Derby also declined to comment..'

Saying 'and is in this case' means that not only are you are fully aware of the Sheiks business dealings and have informed the world through The Fishy of the Sheiks intensions, and that what has been said by you is what the Sheik is definitely doing.

From this I can only conclude that you are more than a close friend of Sheik Khaled or you have a big ego.

Personally I think the latter but if I am wrong please accept my apologies.

I didn't say that at all. I said that only a moron would use his own money to buy a business that will never make a profit for them.

Banks are only too pleased to offer loans at huge annual interest rates to wealthy people like the Glazers to buy football clubs. Why wouldn't they. Easy profits for them.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 36 - 57
GollyGTFC
March 1, 2021, 9:01pm

Whiskey Drinker
Oh and if you want detailed knowledge on Derby County and their financial matters can I point you to the excellent "Price of Football" podcast presented by Crystal Palace supporting comedian Kevin Day with University of Liverpool football finance expert & Brighton fan Kieran Maguire.

Derby County and their dubious financial issues are constantly the topic of discussion.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 57
pen penfras
March 1, 2021, 9:39pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I didn't say that at all. I said that only a moron would use his own money to buy a business that will never make a profit for them.

Banks are only too pleased to offer loans at huge annual interest rates to wealthy people like the Glazers to buy football clubs. Why wouldn't they. Easy profits for them.

It can't be easy to get a leveraged buy out for a football club. With the exception of a few clubs, they don't make money. Why take the risk of loaning money to a business that doesn't make a profit. Especially when your money is low down the pecking order for getting it back from administrators if it goes mammaries up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 57
Simon
March 1, 2021, 9:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +237
Gold Stars: 33
I bet if Jason Stockwood is reading this thread he's now frantically trying to find his calculator to double check his figures add up  

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Takeover (again)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.