Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Players out of contract at the end of the season
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 265 Guests

Players out of contract at the end of the season

This thread currently has 6,223 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Nutsy
March 1, 2021, 10:43am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +134
Gold Stars: 5
Eastwood
Hendrie- X-X - Bunney
Morais/Wright - Rose - Matete - Adams/Idris
Payne

Along with Hewitt, Clifton, Spokes, Pollock and maybe Lamy for squad

I think we could be a touch dramatic saying the whole lot - just the vast majority

I think the above XI is a good base for a solid side

Pollock could be starting again next season but he really seems knackered at the moment from being relied on as a scape goat by Holloway
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 48
Grimal
March 1, 2021, 12:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from promotion plaice

I believe Town have a one year extension option on Pollock's contract which no doubt they will trigger given Prem clubs are hovering allegedly £££

If this squad doesn't soon get their finger out the only place Pollock and others will be hovering towards will be the Northern PREMIER in a couple of years time.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 48
arryarryarry
March 1, 2021, 12:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from pontoonlew

I’m disappointed he hasn’t been included in any of Hursts squads personally, I thought he was looking excellent just before he got his injury.

I thought there was at least one game if not more where he looked like he couldn't be arsed.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 48
arryarryarry
March 1, 2021, 1:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner
Usually don't like these threads as it's all speculation in regards contract details and ultimately it's down to Hurst, there's also the realistic issue that we don't know what league we'll be in either.

That said, League Two or the Conference, I wouldn't be arsed if we lost the vast majority of this squad overnight. When I say vast majority, I actually mean every one of them.   I think the only possible exception is probably Matete, who I'll be amazed if he's here next season.

Front front to back we're not good enough and haven't been all season.  The players who I think should and could make a difference (Hanson, Wright and maybe someone like Scannell) are players we've not been able to rely upon. I'm done with pinning hopes on players who can't play more than 3 games in a row.  

What really alarmed me on Saturday, even though there wasn't a single Holloway signing on the pitch, was the lack of fight but leadership.  

I have been saying the same for a few weeks now, especially those who are clearly not fit enough to play more than a game or two before being rested or injured and both Holloway and Hurst have been guilty of this.

We have wasted so much money on players that are no where near good enough to play as well as those who probably wont play more than half the games they should.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 48
arryarryarry
March 1, 2021, 1:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Nutsy
Eastwood
Hendrie- X-X - Bunney
Payne

I think we could be a touch dramatic saying the whole lot - just the vast majority

Pollock could be starting again next season but he really seems knackered at the moment from being relied on as a scape goat by Holloway

Eastwood unless released at the end of the season will be too good for non league and probably wont want to play there.

I hope Bunney improves because the two games he has played he has looked poor but will likely be let go.

Hendrie is just not good enough anymore.

Morais, Wright and Rose are not fit enough to play more than a handful of games as well as Rose not showing enough this season to be even picked if he was.

Payne, he will be gone as well.

As for the subs, I really wouldn't want any of them if we will be looking to get out of the National League or if by some miracle we stay in the EFL and not wanting another relegation battle.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 48
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
March 1, 2021, 2:04pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from diehardmariner
Usually don't like these threads as it's all speculation in regards contract details and ultimately it's down to Hurst, there's also the realistic issue that we don't know what league we'll be in either.

That said, League Two or the Conference, I wouldn't be arsed if we lost the vast majority of this squad overnight.  When I say vast majority, I actually mean every one of them.   I think the only possible exception is probably Matete, who I'll be amazed if he's here next season.

Front front to back we're not good enough and haven't been all season.  The players who I think should and could make a difference (Hanson, Wright and maybe someone like Scannell) are players we've not been able to rely upon.  I'm done with pinning hopes on players who can't play more than 3 games in a row.  

What really alarmed me on Saturday, even though there wasn't a single Holloway signing on the pitch, was the lack of fight but leadership.  

Hurst really needs a leader on the pitch, in his first spell that leader was Disley. We don't have anybody like that now. Hurst needs somebody on the pitch who can get the team playing as the manager wants. Hurst can manage but he needs a micro manager in the team. Trouble is where do you find another Disley?

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 48
Gainsbro_Mariner
March 1, 2021, 4:57pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Realistically those who are on longer contracts who we would naturally be releasing if it was expiring, you'd hope to see them have contracts cancelled by mutual consent with those players accepting to go on the grounds of a lack of first team football next year,

Montel Gibson being the obvious player to have that conversation with. Sean Scannell as well, lets face it I know many Town fans often pick him in preferred line up's or are waiting to see him at his best but for me it's not going to happen for whatever reason. Potentially Ira and Luke Spokes, or if not made available for loan.

It's too early to decide on the players who joined in January, they may pull us out the mire or we may go down in flames. The good thing Hurst has done that Holloway didn't was to offer short term deals as opposed to lengthy contracts. These players know they need to earn their mustard and can't coast.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 48
DB
March 1, 2021, 5:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,873
Gold Stars: 383
For me it's clear out time. Short or long term contracts coming to an end let them go. The season so far has shown that none of them are any good. Scannell, Williams, Jackson and Gibson should be paid of.

It'll be a new season, with new owners so an excellent time to put a promotion team together.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 48
golfer
March 1, 2021, 5:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,375
Gold Stars: 112
Quoted from Nutsy
Eastwood
Hendrie- X-X - Bunney
Payne

NUTSY
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Players out of contract at the end of the season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.