5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Sinkfortheladies
January 23, 2021, 3:04pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +63
Gold Stars: 1
Before I continue I have no idea how viable this could/would be.

But is it possible that the Holy trinity could purchase new shares that could pump monies into the football club ASAP, whilst waiting for the verification and long process of the takeover of Mr. Fenty's shares, and thus giving us a better budget to go out and attack the market and attract the players we need to give us an opportunity of saving us?

Like I said I have literally no idea if possible/viable but we obviously need a bigger budget and I can't see the takeover being legitimatised until February which would leave us over a barrel.
Logged Offline
Private Message
RonMariner
January 23, 2021, 3:31pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,011
Gold Stars: 216
Think its' too late. Only a week to go in the window.

Afraid we have had it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 42
MarshMariner
January 23, 2021, 3:39pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 2
I seem to recall our current "Chairman" stated that finance wasn't an issue during this window.. Or was I dreaming that...

Where is the said Chairman, he seems to have disappeared??  Day normally likes to respond to comments, perhaps he can explain how the current situation has been allowed to materialise at our Club.

As for the "Owner" of this mess, sorry Club, he could perhaps "gift" back the share value from Mike Parker as a parting gift..

Provide Hursty with another pot of cash, rather then the psss pot we currently have.

I think that is the least he could do..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 42
gytone
January 23, 2021, 3:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 7
If Fenty was a proper fan, like he claims to be, he wouldn't be calling in his loans, you know them benign ones, like he said he never would, or perhaps maybe he could gift those shares back to the trust, you know just to try to claim a small scrap of credibility......I know I won't hold my breath.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 42
RonMariner
January 23, 2021, 3:51pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,011
Gold Stars: 216
If I was in the consortium I'd halve my offer and call Fenty's bluff to take it or leave it.

No one but them is ever going to pump money into this club. I have to think it is entirely a buyers market at this point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 42
MarshMariner
January 23, 2021, 3:53pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from gytone
If Fenty was a proper fan, like he claims to be, he wouldn't be calling in his loans, you know them benign ones, like he said he never would, or perhaps maybe he could gift those shares back to the trust, you know just to try to claim a small scrap of credibility......I know I won't hold my breath.

Those shares have no value unless someone wants to buy them..  He should write them off and gift the money back to the club, so it can be used to repair some of the damage that his regime has caused..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 42
lew chaterleys lover
January 23, 2021, 3:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,548
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Sinkfortheladies
Before I continue I have no idea how viable this could/would be.

But is it possible that the Holy trinity could purchase new shares that could pump monies into the football club ASAP, whilst waiting for the verification and long process of the takeover of Mr. Fenty's shares, and thus giving us a better budget to go out and attack the market and attract the players we need to give us an opportunity of saving us?

Like I said I have literally no idea if possible/viable but we obviously need a bigger budget and I can't see the takeover being legitimatised until February which would leave us over a barrel.

I am not sure about the logistics of that but if the new owners have got any sense they would have a meeting with Hurst tomorrow and agree on their money being made available immediately to get some of his first-choice players in.

It is going to cost them more in the long run if we go down.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 42
RexFannies
January 23, 2021, 5:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +517
Gold Stars: 5
What money?

The Only Way Is Up
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 7 - 42
sam gy
January 23, 2021, 5:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,387
Gold Stars: 53
Probably not about money is it. We’re struggling because we’re bottom of league 2 and there’s a pandemic which means players might be less willing to move to a different town at the moment/or travel further

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 42
Roast Em Bobby
January 23, 2021, 6:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,706
Gold Stars: 43
Also limited by salary cap rules, so I can’t imagine that there is scope for any major injection of cash even if the will to do it was there
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 42
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.