moosey_club
January 24, 2021, 2:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from toontown

If they stop now there won't be relegation so it doesn't matter.

We are so bad that cancellation of relegation (unthinkable in footy 12 months ago) is probably our most realistic chance of staying up. I thought we needed 6 players to stay up and a minimum of 4 to give us a chance. Well we've brought in 3, if we can only bring 1 more in then it's a near certainty it won't be enough, I think Hurst as much as admitted so the other day. Even 3 more, with the standard we seem able to attract it going to be tough.

This to me is now becoming a much more pivotal part of this transfer window.......kind of depends on how big your b0ll0cks are but with the non league looking increasingly shaky would you just gamble on not spending anything at all in the hope there will be no relegation anyway ?
Save your self a bundle of cash rather than spunking it up the wall on 5/6 players in the hope it will save you when you may not need saving anyway.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 42
DB
January 24, 2021, 3:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,002
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from moosey_club

This to me is now becoming a much more pivotal part of this transfer window.......kind of depends on how big your b0ll0cks are but with the non league looking increasingly shaky would you just gamble on not spending anything at all in the hope there will be no relegation anyway ?
Save your self a bundle of cash rather than spunking it up the wall on 5/6 players in the hope it will save you when you may not need saving anyway.

Don't like it and have to lump it but Town is still Fenty's club. Can anybody say hand on heart that our miser of an owner is going to sanction spending money. All he knows is loan, loan and loans and can you take a drop in wages.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 42
moosey_club
January 24, 2021, 4:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from DB

Don't like it and have to lump it but Town is still Fenty's club. Can anybody say hand on heart that our miser of an owner is going to sanction spending money. All he knows is loan, loan and loans and can you take a drop in wages.

Its the sort of Russian roulette he has played with lots of major decisions since he has had charge.....and more often than not there has been a bullett in chamber when he has pulled the trigger.
If we finish the season and end up in the relegation places but dodge the drop because non league gets scrapped i will feel pretty sleezy , not quite as much as i would have if Stevenage hadnt dodged it last year but finishing in the relegation places and not having to take your medicine feels wrong.
If that should happen but the takeover has gone through then i hope it serves as a shock and that the club uses it as a spur to kick on in all aspects.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Transfer funds

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.