7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
toontown
January 21, 2021, 7:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Yeah I agree Jackson general play looked very poor,and has done when he has played. He has shown he maybe has something about him in front of goal. That alone puts him ahead of green but that's not the same as saying he is genuinely good enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 60
chipsandgravy
January 21, 2021, 8:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,605
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from toontown
Yeah I agree Jackson general play looked very poor,and has done when he has played. He has shown he maybe has something about him in front of goal. That alone puts him ahead of green but that's not the same as saying he is genuinely good enough.

Going to go out on a limb and endure the red crosses and stick up for the much maligned Green.  Whilst I agree he hasn't pulled up any trees his general workrate has been pretty good. I think he has suffered big style from one of the poorest midfield's we have had for a long time. I am struggling to remember any decent passage of plays that have resulted in a decent pass for Green. He has generally  been feeding off scraps for many games now. I would wholeheartedly agree with a lot of his critics if he was offered some decent opportunities but the truth is there has been very little. Jackson to me may potentially be a decent player one day but he isn't there yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 60
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
January 21, 2021, 8:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,690
Gold Stars: 72
looking forward to the weekend now, I know he's a young lad but he should be keen to impress, he sounds like exactly what I thought we lacked in our last game, wont judge him if it takes a few games to settle in though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 60
RonMariner
January 21, 2021, 8:26pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,674
Gold Stars: 226
Like the sound of this guy.

Put him and Menayese straight in the team for Saturday. If Hanson is fit and starts that too is like a new signing. With Scennell back too, the squad will be significantly better than last week.

If we do end up getting Chadwick, I think we have a great chance of bring home the points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 60
KingstonMariner
January 21, 2021, 10:21pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Mariner93er

A 3rd of the games in a top-half league one side isn’t bad, he also got a mom in one of the games. Earlier in the week some were getting envious of the signings barrow have made, but this kids played as many games as some of them and at a higher level. Good signing I think.

Lucky to have more than one mum/mam. Even better to have one of them good enough to play men's League football.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 60
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 21, 2021, 10:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
It sure what’s going on at fleetwood, but they’ve also let their captain Paul coutts join Salford til the end of the season

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 60
ginnywings
January 21, 2021, 10:45pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,125
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
It sure what’s going on at fleetwood, but they’ve also let their captain Paul coutts join Salford til the end of the season

And a centre half to Exeter on a free. January sales.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 60
Abdul19
January 21, 2021, 10:51pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,558
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Can bank on them going up etc

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 60
Fillipe Noche
January 21, 2021, 11:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 60
grimsby pete
January 21, 2021, 11:06pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

They have a new advisor.  Mr. J.S. Fenty    

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jay Matete

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.