Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread Port Vale
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 196 Guests

Match thread Port Vale

This thread currently has 51,033 views. Print
42 Pages Prev ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
January 9, 2021, 5:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,261
Gold Stars: 266
noticeable that hurst went with all his experienced players and to a man they've let him down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 390 - 411
RonMariner
January 9, 2021, 5:22pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,786
Gold Stars: 226
We need 5 new players in this week or we will get beaten next Saturday.

At least 5.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 391 - 411
Grantham_Mariner
January 9, 2021, 5:23pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,198
Gold Stars: 51
Macca - Needed another week!
Hendrie - Pushed back, unable to get forward
Preston - A boy trying to do a mans job. PV targeted him.
Waterfall - No pace, failed to mark his man.
Pollock - Still makes mistakes, still a lot to learn.
Bennett - On the ball, but did not do a lot with it.
Morais - Marked out of game, unable to get crosses in.
Rose - Went missing today.
Clifton - Needs to be played in the same roll, never gave up but not sure he knows what he is supposed to be doing.
Hewitt - Not a central midfielder!
Green - Well. Does not know how to play as lone forward.

Williams - No impact
Habergham - Needs an extra yard of pace, otherwise better than Preston.
Wright - Did more in his few minutes that the rest of the team did.
Gibson - Still needs to learn a lot.

Paul need to bring at least 6 more !

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 392 - 411
Croxton
January 9, 2021, 5:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from oochiad
Two appalling mistakes in the first 20 mins cost us. As much as I like Macca it has to change. When we are so low on confidence, shipping in goals like that means we’re only going one way.......Life is so hard at the moment and we also have to put up with this ffs.

Let's drop this 'I like Macca/ Greeny/etc. but......'. Being nice gets you nothing. They are not good enough. Hurst saw Green last game and repeated the error. Kept him on! Definition of insanity? Williams on, why?

The threat from Vale was always going to be from crosses and Rose and Hendry were pathetic in allowing the cross. We are setting new standards in defensive errors. Two own goals, backward passing, lack of leadership, little direction from the touchline.
RH still asking about Hanson. People phoning in saying they have faith in Hurst to get new players. Really?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 393 - 411
Perkins
January 9, 2021, 5:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Madeleymariner

He was

I agree, but he was the best of a bad bunch.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 394 - 411
chipsandgravy
January 9, 2021, 5:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38

From the Vale forum:-

"We can't get too carried away; Grimsby are absolutely atrocious and look in real trouble".

Pretty accurate!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 395 - 411
DB
January 9, 2021, 5:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.46
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,042
Gold Stars: 390
Just listening to PH. Seems Jake Taylors not coming but nobodies leaving! What have is what we have, so I hope I'm wrong, on todays performance we know what we are going to get.

Ph says we have time, half a season to go, I hope he's right. Tilley dropped and Hansen still not fit.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 396 - 411
Yoda
January 9, 2021, 6:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,190
Gold Stars: 72
Hurst cannot get players to come i read into that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 397 - 411
IlkleyMariner
January 9, 2021, 6:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,037
Gold Stars: 69
Paul Hurst can only pick what he’s got.
I had thought his assessment of needing 7 or 8 new players was over the top, but considering recent performances he’s probably understated the need.

Presumably Pollock, Hendrie, Wright, Morris are ok
Scannell and Hanson are all about injuries or not, so can’t comment
Bennett and Preston are here to stay for the season.

There are a couple or three fringe players we should keep.
Probably 3 kids will be kept on.

Hopefully our new left back will improve match by match

So it’s over to Paul to get his 6-7 new players. Good luck, and phooey the new owners have deep pockets!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 398 - 411
dicko995
January 9, 2021, 6:28pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -251
Gold Stars: 25
i turned my ifollow off early in the 2nd half, too bad to watch. Macca shouldn,t be captain, we need a central defender as captain to organisem and Macca is about past his sell by date. Waterfall runs out of ideas when hes on the ball, and just hoofs it up to the lone forward who loses possession. Pollack is too slow, maybe better as that lone forward to head the ball to the imaginary attacker. Bennet shouldnt be on the pitch, he never runs, just turns round a few times with the ball, he cant take free kicks or corners, his best ability is putting his right arm up to tell his forwards that this ball can go anywhere. Nothing in these players provides entertainment. Paul Hurst has a real big mountain to climb, and with our position, nobody is wanting to come to a failing Club.The Conference is booked for our name to be added, and its going to take a long time to get back. The failings of previous managers, the terrible additions of players, the lack of moral, the off pitch squabbles, it all leads to the demise of a failing Club. Can i see any future prospect? no, i cant. Its going to be a rocky road from now on, unless miracles are performed this next 6 days to bring in new blood, who will fight for honour, the shirt, the Club. Time will tell, but the time is running out, half a season does seem long, but a winless run will be the dagger that takes us down. I fear for us, i really do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 399 - 411
42 Pages Prev ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread Port Vale

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.