4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
November 28, 2020, 4:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,169
Gold Stars: 265
Randon comment seen on facebook from Yeovil fan.
Commenting on them signing the unprolific Chris Dagnall he made the throwaway comment that Ludwig would be the next to come in.
Didnt make much sense, and seemed really random  but anyone heard anything?
Logged Offline
Private Message
arryarryarry
November 28, 2020, 4:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from forza ivano
Randon comment seen on facebook from Yeovil fan.
Commenting on them signing the unprolific Chris Dagnall he made the throwaway comment that Ludwig would be the next to come in.
Didnt make much sense, and seemed really random  but anyone heard anything?

Didn't someone on here mention him going to Yeovil?

I have heard/seen it before.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 30
promotion plaice
November 28, 2020, 11:39pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Never really worked out here for Ludvig and Seb did it but I wish Ludvig well, always gave 100% for us.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 30
Poojah
November 29, 2020, 5:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,481
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from promotion plaice

Never really worked out here for Ludvig and Seb did it but I wish Ludvig well, always gave 100% for us.

I thought he looked class in his early cameo appearances for us, and certainly more suited to the English game than his homoerotically named countryman Seb Ring.

For whatever reason, he never really stood out much after that, despite not doing all that much wrong either.

He had cult hero potential, but ultimately found himself blending in with the beige mediocrity of post-non-league Town, like ever so many others.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 30
pen penfras
November 29, 2020, 9:56am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Poojah

I thought he looked class in his early cameo appearances for us, and certainly more suited to the English game than his homoerotically named countryman Seb Ring.

For whatever reason, he never really stood out much after that, despite not doing all that much wrong either.

He had cult hero potential, but ultimately found himself blending in with the beige mediocrity of post-non-league Town, like ever so many others.

He looked really good for most of the game time he had, but gave away a lot of needless free kicks.

I'm surprised he's been let go when we only have Idehen as backup in central defence and Holloway has been singing his praises in post match interviews. I know he's trying to encourage the players, but very odd to single somebody out for praise and then let them go a couple of weeks later.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 30
forza ivano
November 29, 2020, 10:01am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,169
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from pen penfras

He looked really good for most of the game time he had, but gave away a lot of needless free kicks.

I'm surprised he's been let go when we only have Idehen as backup in central defence and Holloway has been singing his praises in post match interviews. I know he's trying to encourage the players, but very odd to single somebody out for praise and then let them go a couple of weeks later.

I thought at the time it was a mutual decision, I.e. that ludwig wanted to go home to his family and have a break before the swedish season starts in january
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 30
ex-merseymariner
November 29, 2020, 10:07am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from forza ivano

I thought at the time it was a mutual decision, I.e. that ludwig wanted to go home to his family and have a break before the swedish season starts in january

Another factor MIGHT be wages - if Ollie rates others more who are on lower wages, and/or if he thinks he can get better value for money wage-wise that would explain it too.       I think this is a big factor at this level - higher up the pyramid, if you don't like a player, just ignore them, but at this level, you really need to get rid so you can find replacements.

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 30
Ipswin
November 29, 2020, 10:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
If he's going back to Sweden fair dos but if he stays in UK then I think it's a mistake letting him go.

There's no doubt he would (and did) run through brick walls for the club (occasionally taking the opposing forward with him unfortunately)

Pollock Waterfall and Ohman is a strong basis with the young(er) lad in the wings if necessary but not having to be used too often just yet

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 30
pontoonlew
November 29, 2020, 10:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,998
Gold Stars: 174
I’d be a bit annoyed if he stayed in English football, he’s certainly our 3rd best centre back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 30
Madeleymariner
November 29, 2020, 11:12am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Worryingly Ollie has mentioned about having the youth Grist? as back up, he isn't even getting regular starts in the youth team at the moment and as we have virtually no reserve games I dont quite get it, Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 30
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ludwig Ohman

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.