4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
lee65
November 29, 2020, 6:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
I think Hewitt as a 4th choice CB currently after Waterfall, Pollock, and Idehen is the best we have. Looks better in there than Hendrie for me and is quite useful in the air
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 30
forza ivano
November 29, 2020, 6:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
According to 'ciderspace' it's a strong rumour that hes wanted by them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
Henryscat
November 29, 2020, 11:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
I think he’d do well in the conference to be fair just because of the standard of refereeing.

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 30
diehardmariner
November 30, 2020, 9:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,611
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from moosey_club
Another one who suddenly becomes "Bobby Moore" as soon as he his released.
He could head a ball...he was brave. End of.

Those alone might be enough attributes to earn a long career in the S.P.L but not good enough in England. He is awful on the ball, poor disciplinary record, penalty against record, conceded too many free kicks....just watch the Hull Tinpot Trophy game highlights to see his failings.

We should be expecting much more from a cente half even at this level.

Also in complete agreement with this.

When he arrived I thought he was going to be an absolute colossus for us.  Early on the ball just seemed to gravitate to his head .  Not sure if it was the constant assaults he was subjected to by League two strikers and their elbows, a drop in standards or teams figuring him out, maybe a combination of more than one factor.  But his effectiveness soon wore out.   I think the emergence of Pollock and then the signing of Waterfall perhaps made his dominance in the air seem less impressive too.  

On the floor he look suspect from day one but you hoped he would improve, sadly he didn't.  Became a liability and the stupid free-kicks and bookings became a bit of a joke really.

Shame as he really did look a bit of a coup when we first got him.

With regards the situation at centre-back, Ohman was (in my head) miles behind Idehen as third choice.  Idehen is getting better with each game and it really wouldn't surprise me if he's the one who ends up getting a big move before Pollock.  Still leaves us a bit bare though and whilst Hendrie has done a job there many a time and wouldn't let anyone down, that still leaves us short at full-back.  We're effectively 6 players covering 4 positions (5 if we go with a wingback system).  Fair enough Holloway might say Clifton can play full-back/wing-back and maybe too can Wright.  I'd be amazed if we don't bring another defender in once the window opens.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
pen penfras
November 30, 2020, 10:21am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from diehardmariner

Also in complete agreement with this.

When he arrived I thought he was going to be an absolute colossus for us.  Early on the ball just seemed to gravitate to his head .  Not sure if it was the constant assaults he was subjected to by League two strikers and their elbows, a drop in standards or teams figuring him out, maybe a combination of more than one factor.  But his effectiveness soon wore out.   I think the emergence of Pollock and then the signing of Waterfall perhaps made his dominance in the air seem less impressive too.  

On the floor he look suspect from day one but you hoped he would improve, sadly he didn't.  Became a liability and the stupid free-kicks and bookings became a bit of a joke really.

Shame as he really did look a bit of a coup when we first got him.

With regards the situation at centre-back, Ohman was (in my head) miles behind Idehen as third choice.  Idehen is getting better with each game and it really wouldn't surprise me if he's the one who ends up getting a big move before Pollock.  Still leaves us a bit bare though and whilst Hendrie has done a job there many a time and wouldn't let anyone down, that still leaves us short at full-back.  We're effectively 6 players covering 4 positions (5 if we go with a wingback system).  Fair enough Holloway might say Clifton can play full-back/wing-back and maybe too can Wright.  I'd be amazed if we don't bring another defender in once the window opens.

Agree about Idehen, I think he's got more potential than Pollock. He doesn't have the confidence and concentration is a bit lacking, but when he's played he's usually been against the better of the strikers on the pitch and put them out the game for most of it. Unfortunately he has that lapse in concentration that has given a few chances, but that will get better with experience. He has pace too, which Pollock will never have, and I think that's a big factor for moving up a level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
IlkleyMariner
November 30, 2020, 10:44am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from pen penfras

Agree about Idehen, I think he's got more potential than Pollock. He doesn't have the confidence and concentration is a bit lacking, but when he's played he's usually been against the better of the strikers on the pitch and put them out the game for most of it. Unfortunately he has that lapse in concentration that has given a few chances, but that will get better with experience. He has pace too, which Pollock will never have, and I think that's a big factor for moving up a level.

In the top two divisions pace is essential. Think Pollock has great potential but without pace he will do well to get to Premier League level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 30
joe56
November 30, 2020, 10:46am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 3
I agree totally with the comments about Idehen. The first time I saw him I thought immediately of Des Walker. It’s a rarity that a lad with all the usual credentials of a good centre back has significant speed as well. It wouldn’t surprise me if he made it all the way to the Premier League. I wonder if he’s already under the scrutiny of bigger clubs. I can’t believe that Lincoln let him go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 30
denni266
November 30, 2020, 10:54am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
Getting sick of all these managers we get that put square pegs in round holes . Ffs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
monkeyboy
November 30, 2020, 3:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Sorry but I thought he is better than waterfall. Waterfall has got mistakes that leads to goals in him. Ludwig certainly fouled a fair bit agreed but his distribution is better than waterfall.

I’m sorry to see him go
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 30
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 30, 2020, 5:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,271
Gold Stars: 304
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Worryingly Ollie has mentioned about having the youth Grist? as back up, he isn't even getting regular starts in the youth team at the moment and as we have virtually no reserve games I dont quite get it, Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

It's all Grist to the mill.....

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ludwig Ohman

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.