6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
horsforthmariner
November 22, 2020, 11:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,619
Gold Stars: 9
I just think this has been entirley mishandled. Why does Holloway need to talk about this. Until the player is out the door, why say a word?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 54
aldi_01
November 23, 2020, 6:27am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from horsforthmariner
I just think this has been entirley mishandled. Why does Holloway need to talk about this. Until the player is out the door, why say a word?

Because it’s Ian Holloway...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 54
Boris Johnson
November 23, 2020, 7:50am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from horsforthmariner

Because he likes the sound of his own voice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 54
Caveman
November 23, 2020, 10:14am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 17
He should be on the Board .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 54
diehardmariner
November 23, 2020, 10:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,609
Gold Stars: 538
If I recall the interview right, Holloway was directly asked who had left and he responded with hesitation by giving up the two names....it's then like he can't help himself and went onto explain more.  The correct answer would have been that he couldn't disclose that information until it was all signed.

It's telling that no media sources, including the club website, ran it before and even then official site has only added it as a footnote at the bottom of the reaction news piece to the game.  I think I would probably prefer it if Holloway doesn't give interviews anymore.  It just opens up a can of worms, it's a bit unprofessional as well to state in an interview that Mohsni isn't fit or reached the standards expected.  You can argue it's honesty but largely just not needed.

I highly suspect Mohsni is in fact on his way out.  I was told earlier this year that his contract was dependent on him reaching certain fitness levels with a get-out in place for January.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if the club are going to exercise that right but allow him to keep fit at the club in the meantime, which would fit in with Holloway's comments about helping him find a club.

The video on Cleethorpes beach was laughable for a couple of reasons, one that it quite clearly wasn't yesterday as he perhaps hoped to suggest (it was beautifully clear skies all day in Cleethorpes yesterday) and the fact that he was absolutely blowing after a couple of shuttle runs!  
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 54
Gainsbro_Mariner
November 23, 2020, 10:42am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Assuming he is gone...

It's just another name to add to the list of players who have come to BP having played a good calibre of football in the past but hasn't lived up to expectations.

He made the preliminary Tunisia World Cup 2018 squad, and given his exploits at Southend and Rangers you'd be forgiven in thinking he would be leading the line from game 1 and be a solid addition.

On the flipside he has had 5 or 6 clubs since leaving Rangers in 2015, known of which he has played more than 14 times for a team, so it could tell us that we should have expected this kind of thing to happen.

I would like to be a fly on the wall at Cheapside today.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 54
Ipswin
November 23, 2020, 10:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner
Assuming he is gone...

On the flipside he has had 5 or 6 clubs since leaving Rangers in 2015, known of which he has played more than 14 times for a team, so it could tell us that we should have expected this kind of thing to happen.

Very poor judgement by Holloway that said he could have given him a few more games, he couldn't be any worse than those who have played. I thought I read somewhere that he could play up front as a target man so he could have been tried in place of 'the crock' Hanson

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 54
jonnyboy82
November 23, 2020, 10:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Thing what p! Sses me off is he looks exactly what we need right now.

Experience and leadership. Someone who is gonna get the lads going, from the feedback at previous clubs he certainly gives it everything.

So weird this.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 54
GrimRob
November 23, 2020, 11:17am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Knowing us he'll probably be starting on Tuesday!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 28 - 54
Gainsbro_Mariner
November 23, 2020, 1:12pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from Ipswin

Very poor judgement by Holloway that said he could have given him a few more games, he couldn't be any worse than those who have played. I thought I read somewhere that he could play up front as a target man so he could have been tried in place of 'the crock' Hanson

Not sure to what level Mohsni would be as a forward, not expecting him to be another Paul Warhurst when he was at Wednesday.

but again it comes back to the argument of why are we not giving opportunities to other forwards in the squad when the likes of Matt Green is quite obviously past his best, James Hanson is constantly injured and the others aren't scoring regularly.

Ira Jackson scored more goals than he played games last year, Touray Sisay was supposedly hot property when we signed him, and we've got the lad Virgil Gomis on loan from Forest who can't even get in the match day squad. Granted we don't see what happens in training but there are certain players who are getting very limited chances in a spell where we are playing poorly. How bad are these guys if they aren't getting a sniff?

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mohsni

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.