4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 29, 2020, 7:02pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +846
Gold Stars: 117
We have just hit £7000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are coming to the end of the month........PAY DAY

While £7k is amazing, if you have already donated, thankyou, but we need more, so if you can afford to donate again, no matter how much, it all goes to one or more Charities that Ollie chooses to support.
Logged Offline
Private Message
thefish
October 29, 2020, 7:16pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
We have just hit £7000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are coming to the end of the month........PAY DAY

While £7k is amazing, if you have already donated, thankyou, but we need more, so if you can afford to donate again, no matter how much, it all goes to one or more Charities that Ollie chooses to support.

Do we? I think £7k is an amazing amount!

Well done for setting it up, but don’t let it rumble on for too long with only a few extra pence being thrown in every so often. Better to give it over to Ian while it’s fresh!

Just my opinion of course and if we hit £8k or more in the next few days then I’ll hold my hands up!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 31
TownSNAFU5
October 29, 2020, 7:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,883
Gold Stars: 42
An outstanding collective effort.  It takes someone to organise it in the first place.  So well done for that.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 31
heppy88
October 29, 2020, 7:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
That’s great news and I’m sure the money is going to be well appreciated by those who receive it. With Christmas coming and a lot of uncertainty many will surely struggle with their mental health.
BUT wasn't the original aim to raise £500 and instead £7000 has been raised? An amazing achievement, so why has more got to be raised and why are people who have already donated now expected to donate again?
A great job, but I wouldn’t push it too far. UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 31
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 29, 2020, 7:35pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +846
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from heppy88
That’s great news and I’m sure the money is going to be well appreciated by those who receive it. With Christmas coming and a lot of uncertainty many will surely struggle with their mental health.
BUT wasn't the original aim to raise £500 and instead £7000 has been raised? An amazing achievement, so why has more got to be raised and why are people who have already donated now expected to donate again?
A great job, but I wouldn’t push it too far. UTMM

Yes the original total was £500 which I personally thought would be difficult to achieve, without realising how amazing the Fishy flock are with their generosity.

More has to be raised because its for charity, and fingers crossed, very worthy charities at that.

"A great job, but I wouldn’t push it too far." How far is too far when this money could help save a life? or lives?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 31
Davec
October 29, 2020, 8:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 42
Surely a charity needs every penny it can get? So I don't see the reason why to stop there and call it a day
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 31
Sandford1981
October 29, 2020, 8:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
There is a danger here that anyone not supporting the campaign running indefinitely is somehow wanting to deprive charities of money, which obviously is not the case.

People can donate to a charity of their choosing should they wish to, long after the money for this campaign has been handed over.

All good things must come to an end, and this has been a good thing, well a great thing actually! Well done to you and all that have contributed.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 31
Les Brechin
October 29, 2020, 9:18pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,713
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Sandford1981
There is a danger here that anyone not supporting the campaign running indefinitely is somehow wanting to deprive charities of money, which obviously is not the case.

People can donate to a charity of their choosing should they wish to, long after the money for this campaign has been handed over.

All good things must come to an end, and this has been a good thing, well a great thing actually! Well done to you and all that have contributed.

Exactly, although I've raised a fair bit for brain tumour research, I do have a standing order set up for a tenner a month. I know it's not much but it's a nice feeling to know I'm doing my little bit to help towards maybe  a cure being found one day.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 31
The_Laughing_Mariner
October 29, 2020, 9:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Grimsby fans are the best

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 31
jonnyboy82
October 30, 2020, 7:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I do agree, its £6500 over its original target so its already succeeded.

Possibly consider giving the money soon as with Christmas coming the charity could do with a welcome boost, so could ollie i imagine too.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 31
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fundraising update

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.