4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
October 30, 2020, 8:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Set a date just after October pay day, end it then whatever the amount and then invite JSF to round it up to £10,000 , he's hardly likely to say no surely.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 31
Sandford1981
October 30, 2020, 9:07am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,074
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Ipswin
Set a date just after October pay day, end it then whatever the amount and then invite JSF to round it up to £10,000 , he's hardly likely to say no surely.

I think that’s a great idea!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 31
pen penfras
October 30, 2020, 10:26am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
I think ending this now on a high is better than limping it along. It's not going to go viral, because the page is all about Grimsby Town and "our Ollie". It's been a fantastic effort. Hand the money over soon and get some more positive press for the club and fans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 31
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
October 30, 2020, 11:16am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,448
Gold Stars: 15
Spot on. No point in letting this drift and losing the momentum or forgetting the original reason behind this superb effort. As for asking people to contribute twice, I don’t think that’s the way these things are supposed to work!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 31
Henryscat
October 30, 2020, 11:22am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Quoted from Ipswin

How do you know JSF hasn’t already contributed as an anonymous donator?

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 31
Ipswin
October 30, 2020, 11:40am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Henryscat

How do you know JSF hasn’t already contributed as an anonymous donator?

Do you think he has? Anyway what a wonderful gesture it would be if he rounded it up to say 10k both to show his support for Holloway but mainly for Holloway's chosen (mental health?) charity

Private Message
Reply: 15 - 31
Henryscat
October 30, 2020, 1:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

Do you think he has? Anyway what a wonderful gesture it would be if he rounded it up to say 10k both to show his support for Holloway but mainly for Holloway's chosen (mental health?) charity

I don’t know if he has or hasn’t - that’s the whole point of anonymous donations.

It would be a wonderful gesture if he did (I’m a big fan personally of mental health charities but he may choose to give his money elsewhere)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 31
Ipswin
October 30, 2020, 1:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Henryscat

I don’t know if he has or hasn’t - that’s the whole point of anonymous donations.

It would be a wonderful gesture if he did (I’m a big fan personally of mental health charities but he may choose to give his money elsewhere)

He will be giving it to his pal Holloway for him to give to whoever he chooses. Folk don't donate on the basis that they can decide where the money goes surely and I don't beieve John Fenty would either.

Private Message
Reply: 17 - 31
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 30, 2020, 1:33pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +786
Gold Stars: 113
Im in discussions with GTFC at the moment. Fingers in pies etc.

Hopefully doing something at "A Night with Ollie", which has been moved back until the 9th November now, so have another week or so to build on it.

Planning on having an auction. Anyone got any ideas how I could do it to include those at the "A Night with..." and on the internet?

Limited edition Ollie caracature donated by Jim Connor

Wayne Burnetts Limited Edition No6 shirt from Wembley 1998 (Worn when scoring the winning goal vs Bournemouth)

Other donations being sought also.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 31
Henryscat
October 30, 2020, 2:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

He will be giving it to his pal Holloway for him to give to whoever he chooses. Folk don't donate on the basis that they can decide where the money goes surely and I don't beieve John Fenty would either.

I think we’re talking at cross purposes. I think it’s a great idea but although he’s a few shillings ahead of most of us on this board, JF (like the rest of us) will have a finite pot of money he chooses to donate to charity. I don’t know the guy or his past but what I’m trying to say (admittedly very poorly) is that MH charities might not feature on his radar (he may for instance choose cancer charities)

Yes it would be a great idea but I think we also need to remember it’s not for anyone to tell anyone else how to spend their money (particularly 2-2.5k)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fundraising update

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.