Logged Online
Private Message
LH
October 24, 2020, 9:20pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,519
Gold Stars: 173
I’ve seen this has upset a few fans but this is the best way to deal with it IMO. excrement happens, although it seems to be more regular for it to happen for us than a lot of other clubs.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 30
TheRealJohnLewis
October 24, 2020, 9:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
That own goal was funny as intercourse, they should laugh about it.  Learn and move on.

It's only a game, no one has died.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 30
moosey_club
October 24, 2020, 9:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,252
Gold Stars: 226
To be fair.....after the shock of it I thought......if only Gibson could finish like that

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 30
Rodley Mariner
October 24, 2020, 9:59pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Just seen Williams joking about crap set pieces as well and agree it's a good thing. Perspective is a good thing at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 30
thefish
October 24, 2020, 10:03pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
That own goal was funny as intercourse, they should laugh about it.  Learn and move on.

It's only a game, no one has died.

Exactly! He hasn’t done it due to a lack of effort, he hasn’t done it due to a bad attitude, he’s simply made a mistake that any human could make! I can think of plenty of clangers that I’ve performed in life...

I’m just glad that he’s a strong enough character to laugh about it.

Just look at the reason several kind mariners are currently raising money at the moment. That’s what can happen when we don’t aim to pick each other up when we see that they are down. We are humans- sometimes we need lifting up.

Stay strong Macca- by the kick off on Tuesday, it will be all but forgotten about!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 30
Poojah
October 24, 2020, 10:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,539
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from LH
I’ve seen this has upset a few fans but this is the best way to deal with it IMO. excrement happens, although it seems to be more regular for it to happen for us than a lot of other clubs.

100%. Macca has been the club’s longest serving player since the original Macca. He’s the longest serving goalkeeper we’ve had since Nigel Batch (I think - before my time) and he’s played more games.

It’s easy to remember mistakes because they tend to be terminal for a ‘keeper, and it’s easy to forget the saves he’s made (like the one at Cheltenham 11 days ago) because that’s his job.

This afternoon’s mistake was horrendous, there’s no sugarcoating it. But he’s given so much to this club in his near 500 games and you have to accept that mistakes will happen at this level.

A bad week at the office, no doubt, but he remains a hero rather than a villain for me.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 30
Kris2
October 24, 2020, 10:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
As much as some fans want players to think in the same way they do, they are only humans doing a job for the club. Sometimes excrement happens and you have to take the urine and laugh about it later. No point in dwelling on every mistake you ever make in life, that'll just make you miserable. At some point I'm sure there will be discussions about what could be done better in decision making, set pieces and so on but what's done is done. Might as well have a laugh about it.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 30
RichMariner
October 24, 2020, 10:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,135
Gold Stars: 209
I feel for keepers in general because they can make outstanding saves in matches - game-changing saves - and they're not recorded or remembered in the same way that goals are.

That's par for the course and I'm sure all keepers know this before they embark on their careers.

A few weeks ago some fans questioned McKeown's ability to save penalties. Again, these aren't recorded or remembered that well (unless they're last-minute penalty saves, or in big cup matches) but I'm pretty sure he's saved plenty for us down the years.

When something like today happens to any keeper, I'd like to think that it won't even be mentioned in the dressing room because no one needs to be told how bad that was. If anything, I'd do whatever I could to boost his confidence, not knock it.

Because this is his tenth season with the club and we all know what a top keeper he can be.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 8 - 30
Mayaman
October 25, 2020, 6:02am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
I'm not sure why Waterfall passed back there.  I know we want to see the team play football and they were trying to play through defence butt it clearly wasn't working.  I think Luke should have belted it down the line.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 30
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nowt like extracting the urine

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.