16 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
October 26, 2020, 11:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190
Don't end just yet. People get paid this week and will be contributing then, like me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 158
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 26, 2020, 11:28pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 117
No I won't shut it down anytime soon. I have already factored in that some people can't afford to donate until the end of the month. I set the duration to run for 8 weeks so it is set to end on 16th December.

If people are feeling flush at the end of October, and maybe even again in November, then we would obviously love it if they could afford to donate again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 158
Ipswin
October 27, 2020, 8:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

Yes I've been umming and ahhing whether to change the target figure we are aiming for. I can see it from both sides.

I've had messages from people who have said they donated because we have been so successful and had gone so far over the original target, but I have had messages from others saying they would have donated more but because we have far exceeded what we were asking for.
The numbers of the first sort far exceed the second.

Whatever you set it to or whatever we end up at please don't forget to invite John Fenty to round it up. Would be a great gesture of support for Holloway and more importantly mental health plus it would be good for his image, show everyone he's human and not always a bad guy (and he'd find it difficult to refuse) And before anyone objects to taking his money or letting him in on things surely what we raise is more important than where it comes from isn't it?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 158
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 27, 2020, 1:36pm

Brandy Drinker
Something odd has happened. I have just logged back in to the JustGiving page and the total which was above £6700 when I last looked, has dropped down to £6200 and the numbers of donations has dropped by about 30 too. The percentage has also dropped from 1,333% to 1,242%. All of these figures would and should still show the higher amount even if I had removed money.......which I havent.

I have emailed JustGiving to find out what has happened.

Fortunately one member sent me a screenshot showing the total was at £6,666, and Les Brechin also mentions, in one of the last posts on here, that he also saw the total as £6,666, so they cant deny the total wasnt a lot higher than it is showing.

Im wondering if they have taken the fees from the total. The fees are 2.9% + 25p on every donation, but on the figures of £6,700 and 470 donators equates to £194.30 + £117 which only equals £311.30.

I shall wait on an answer from them.

I have just had an email back from JustGiving with regards the  money 'disappearing' from the total. This is what they said

"It looks like due to the glitch we had on our system over the weekend, some of the donations that were originally not reflecting or delayed in processing were pushed through to your page total twice by our internal systems.

Please be assured this does not mean donors were charged multiple times, just that when your total was re-conciliated on Sunday evening, some donations were processed twice, which is why your total would have changed (this did not affect your supporter list only the function that calculates your total). This reconciliation process happens everyday to ensure the correct total is visible on your page and addresses any issues, so once the next check was made, all totals were balanced and any duplicates removed.

With this said, your current total (£6,822.00) is now showing the correct amount of donations made to your page
."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 158
pizzzza
October 28, 2020, 4:51pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Not sure why this thread has been made a sticky, in my opinion this makes it far less visible than when it is floating around the top of the "regular" threads.
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 158
forza ivano
October 28, 2020, 4:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from pizzzza
Not sure why this thread has been made a sticky, in my opinion this makes it far less visible than when it is floating around the top of the "regular" threads.

Agreed .noticeable that there hasn't been a single contribution today.coincidence?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 158
Les Brechin
October 28, 2020, 5:11pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,709
Gold Stars: 174
I was asked to make it a sticky, which is why I have done. If WBJS thinks it would be more affective not then I will unstick it.

I think he asked because it was about to drop off the first page.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 158
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 28, 2020, 8:25pm

Brandy Drinker
Yes thats exactly the reason Les. It only takes a few new threads started up in a day and this one would be gone off the first page, to be rarely seen again. I dont think its a coincidence that since moving it to a 'sticky' that donations have stopped, they havent. We had nearly £100 donated within hours of this thread moving. Probably more the fact that myself and Mikey_345 havent been on Twitter much in the last 24 hours sharing it as much as we can.

Ive had several messages asking if we will still be accepting donations at the end of the month because they cant afford to donate until payday. Fingers crossed for another little spike in the total.

I am trying to organise something for the 'A Night With Ian Holloway' on Monday night. Will hear tomorrow if anything can be done or not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 158
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 29, 2020, 6:59pm

Brandy Drinker
We have just hit £7000

#unfuckingbelievable

#gobsmacked

#speechless
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 158
16 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › JustGiving appeal for Ollie

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.