16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Humbercod
October 23, 2020, 9:34am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
How about starting with Rashid? Im sure he’ll be quick to jump on the worthy cause band wagon.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 158
Withnail
October 23, 2020, 9:38am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 36

I am slowly getting though all 92 league clubs, but Twitter keeps blocking me after about 20 tweets thinking Im a robot. Pain in the derriere to be honest, but Im getting there.

Bloody marvellous! I tip my hat to you sir. UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 158
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 23, 2020, 9:38am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +828
Gold Stars: 115
We seem to have stalled Ladies and Gents.

While the running total of £5331 is quite unbelievable, we need everyone to help share the JustGiving page across the whole of social media.

I am on Twitter, but as I have mentioned in a previous post, I am only able to send about 20 tweets before Twitter blocks my account, until I can prove who I am, and then continues to do the same thing time and time again.

I am not on Facebook or Instagram or any other social media platform, so that is where you can help with promoting the appeal. The more the merrier. Please do what you can. Even sharing with family and friends, and local businesses etc.

Lets not allow this be a one day wonder.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 158
Mikey_345
October 23, 2020, 10:15am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,307
Gold Stars: 99

While the running total of £5331 is quite unbelievable, we need everyone to help share the JustGiving page across the whole of social media.

I am on Twitter, but as I have mentioned in a previous post, I am only able to send about 20 tweets before Twitter blocks my account, until I can prove who I am, and then continues to do the same thing time and time again.

I am not on Facebook or Instagram or any other social media platform, so that is where you can help with promoting the appeal. The more the merrier. Please do what you can. Even sharing with family and friends, and local businesses etc.

Lets not allow this be a one day wonder.

Sent you a PM

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 158
Davec
October 23, 2020, 11:36am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Maybe somebody could post on other clubs forums also? Especially those he managed and played for. Would be time consuming certainly but would be worth it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 158
Bigdog
October 23, 2020, 11:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
The amount raised so far is incredible and while there is an undoubted passion to do more, there is also a need to reflect that maybe the family and friends concerned may not want their sad loss to be spread as far and wide on the internet as possible. There is a chance that every post, however well-intentioned, is unwarranted extra publicity on a very private matter. I'm sure the current level of gesture is more than enough for the original kind intentions.. unless IH says otherwise..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 158
grimsby pete
October 23, 2020, 11:57am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222

While the running total of £5331 is quite unbelievable, we need everyone to help share the JustGiving page across the whole of social  r.

Just checked its now 6336 pounds  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 158
Northbank Mariner
October 23, 2020, 12:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,431
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Bigdog
The amount raised so far is incredible and while there is an undoubted passion to do more, there is also a need to reflect that maybe the family and friends concerned may not want their sad loss to be spread as far and wide on the internet as possible. There is a chance that every post, however well-intentioned, is unwarranted extra publicity on a very private matter. I'm sure the current level of gesture is more than enough for the original kind intentions.. unless IH says otherwise..

All well said BD but this isn't just about what happened to Ollie's friend, that was just the catalyst to get this whole idea off the ground. It's become, and rightly so, about raising awareness of mental health, certainly within the male community....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 158
Mikey_345
October 23, 2020, 12:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,307
Gold Stars: 99
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

All well said BD but this isn't just about what happened to Ollie's friend, that was just the catalyst to get this whole idea off the ground. It's become, and rightly so, about raising awareness of mental health, certainly within the male community....

Fully agree.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 158
Bigdog
October 23, 2020, 12:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

I understand that, I've donated, but have you asked the "catalyst" (friends and family) for their approval? If not, then don't use the "catalyst" for a much bigger idea than on the original Just Giving page. It may be a good time to try and approach IH for his feelings on wider publicity before progressing any further..

If I'd have tragically lost a loved one in this way, I'm not sure that I'd want their death to be used approaching national news outlets etc without permission by complete strangers, however worthy the cause is..

What about the mental health of the bereaved? Who at this stage can be sure whether extra publicity could harm them further or alternatively they take great strength from it? It's an admirable cause, but it needs to be progressed in the right way..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 158
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › JustGiving appeal for Ollie

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.