Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar retired?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 146 Guests

Omar retired?

This thread currently has 11,431 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
paramariner
October 3, 2020, 12:29pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +197
Gold Stars: 8
According to the Telewag, Omar has shown pics of his boots hung up with the date 22 September 2020 on his Instagram account!
He has also closed his twitter account 🤔.
Logged Online
Private Message
Mariner_501
October 3, 2020, 12:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Can’t see anything on his instagram now. Always has came across as a proper attention seeker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 50
Swansea_Mariner
October 3, 2020, 1:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,449
Gold Stars: 63
Seems a strange move unless he's carrying some kind of injury we are not aware of.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 50
golfer
October 3, 2020, 1:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,438
Gold Stars: 116
He has started writing music and I understand he was thinking of doing it full time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 50
rancido
October 3, 2020, 1:52pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,569
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from golfer
He has started writing music and I understand he was thinking of doing it full time

Obviously inspired by Blur

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 50
denni266
October 3, 2020, 2:08pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +701
Gold Stars: 132
Could just be a smoke screen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 50
mimma
October 3, 2020, 2:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
It also said that Holloway had had talks with him, to play for us again, but Omar turned us down. Seems to me that he has lost his appetite for the game and wants to turn his hand to something else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 50
HertsGTFC
October 3, 2020, 3:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,934
Gold Stars: 228
It would be a shame if he has as I firmly believe if he was given a good run of games in a L1/L2 side (apart from the Gimps or the Scunts) he’d be a regular scorer again.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 50
louth_in_the_south
October 3, 2020, 3:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,681
Sure he could find the time to combine L2 football for town and a successful music writing career . Maybe Holloway should offer a grand piano in his contract negotiations

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 50
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 3, 2020, 3:40pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I suspect he wants to live closer to his roots and he is not enamoured with the rigours of the pro game. It came easy for a start then he had to work for it and he would rather not. If he came back to BP  it would be more bother than he’s worth.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 50
LH
October 3, 2020, 3:44pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,519
Gold Stars: 173
Probably closed his Twitter account to stop weirdo Town fans asking him when he’s signing over and over.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 50
TwoLeftFeet
October 3, 2020, 3:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,081
Gold Stars: 18
I know Town possibly aren't the best option to sign for at moment but it's a bit drastic to rather retire!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 50
Madeleymariner
October 3, 2020, 3:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,056
Gold Stars: 50
Maybe Town is the best offer he had and has thought  'if thats it I may as well give up'  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 50
Ipswin
October 3, 2020, 3:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet
I know Town possibly aren't the best option to sign for at moment but it's a bit drastic to rather retire!!

Town have a record of signing players who should have retired or who retired as soon as they turned out for Town  

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 50
HertsGTFC
October 3, 2020, 4:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
I suspect he wants to live closer to his roots and he is not enamoured with the rigours of the pro game. It came easy for a start then he had to work for it and he would rather not. If he came back to BP  it would be more bother than he’s worth.

Bit harsh....

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 50
denni266
October 3, 2020, 4:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +701
Gold Stars: 132
I think money will be the main problem , but he knows the fans love him and want him  so that must go a long way with any one .. And yes you can still play football and write songs. Dont know if he plays any instrument ? But i did it for years and still play guitar and write now.  well past football now lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 50
ska face
October 3, 2020, 4:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847

Bizarre imagination you’ve got.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 50
aldi_01
October 3, 2020, 4:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I suspect the reason he didn’t sign for us is because he’d prefer to be paid in cash...and probably took one look at the squad and thought ‘nah...I left a far better side than that’

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 50
Ipswin
October 3, 2020, 4:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from aldi_01
.and probably took one look at the squad and thought ‘nah...I left a far better side than that’

He probably did (almost any side would be better than ours at the moment) but he couldn't get in it!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 50
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 3, 2020, 5:17pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Bizarre imagination you’ve got.

If you have a player with a regular record of starting OK at a new club and then being left out it takes no imagination at all to see it will happen again. Just look at his record since he left Town.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 50
Northbank Mariner
October 3, 2020, 5:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,452
Gold Stars: 171
Think it's time to drop the romance with Bogle, absolutely will remain in our hearts forever for his goals, certainly at Wembley but the stark reality is he's not cut it at a higher level, maybe he's come to realise that himself and rather than take a backwards step he thinks it's best to walk away from the game and try a new venture. He's earned some good coin as since leaving BP and is hoping he can make at a song writer, something he probably has more passion for rather than football. I'll wish him all the best and thank him for what he did for us..
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
Kris2
October 3, 2020, 5:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Sometimes people get tired of a career even if it's something they did well at and want a change before it's too late. We had a goalkeeper who didn't actually want to play and then decided they'd rather play cricket so maybe Omar decided his calling is elsewhere. He could still play part time football as he focuses on something else. He could carry on as a pro but maybe the time off due to Covid made him think about what he wants and how much of his time football eats up.

If he did retire for a career change then I'll wish him well in his future endeavours and respect for his time with us.  
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 3, 2020, 5:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC
[/b]

Bit harsh....

Not really Herts. He did well for us over a relatively short time and we sold him on for a profit so we thank him for that. But since then ...... ?

Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
ska face
October 3, 2020, 6:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847

If you have a player with a regular record of starting OK at a new club and then being left out it takes no imagination at all to see it will happen again. Just look at his record since he left Town.

How have you managed to deduce that his record since leaving town (in the Championship, top end of L1 and Dutch prem) is a because he’d “rather not do the work”, as opposed to maybe just struggling to make a success of going from Conference north up 4 divisions in 18 months?
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
HertsGTFC
October 3, 2020, 6:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker

Not really Herts. He did well for us over a relatively short time and we sold him on for a profit so we thank him for that. But since then ...... ?

Moving to Wigan was a good move for us in terms of a profit but a bad move for him after only 7 months playing at EFL level and only a year prior to that at full time.

Going to a p1ss poor Championship side was a silly move he wasn’t the answer for Wigan and Wigan in their situation at the time wasn’t the answer for him.

He then went to a yo yo club (at best) when he signed for Cardiff. He was with Warnock for a bit and I’d suggest if he had an attitude problem Warnock would have had him down the road permanently rather than loaning him out.

From a career development point of view moving to a relegation threatened club or one that looks to be consistently chasing the dream requires an immediate impact something that Omar with very limited full time experience was unlikely to deliver.

The retirement bit is interesting though as  as he’s not been picked up yet maybe he’s thinking it’s time to look at something else. Maybe like Osborne he’ll go back to being a big fish in a small pond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
Abdul19
October 3, 2020, 6:22pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,565
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Maybe like Osborne he’ll go back to being a big fish in a small pond.

I was hoping he'd do that at GTFC!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
Poojah
October 3, 2020, 7:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,541
Gold Stars: 1,500

8 goals in 21 starts (50 appearances in total) in the Championship? That’s literally a more impressive recent record than any striker we’ve signed in probably the last 15 years or so. A fit Omar Bogle would be the best striker in League Two by some margin in my opinion.

Regardless, I hope whatever’s going on in Omar’s life he’s in a good place. He’ll always be up there as one of my all-time Town heroes - his three goals in the play-offs in 2016 were so, so important for us. His contribution to GTFC should never be forgotten.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
Poojah
October 3, 2020, 7:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,541
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Going to a p1ss poor Championship side was a silly move he wasn’t the answer for Wigan and Wigan in their situation at the time wasn’t the answer for him.

This is another argument I don’t fully understand. Without knowing the finer details of his contract at Wigan, I’m fairly confident that move will have earned Omar close to if not more than £1m, after tax. For a young man who would not have been exceptionally wealthy at the time, how was he meant to turn that down?

Should he have waited for a better offer from a bigger club? He signed for Wigan late on transfer deadline day; he could have held on and then gone and done his cruciate in training the next day. A bird in the hand and all that...

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
gtfc82
October 3, 2020, 7:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Very drastic if he has quit. He only had one and a half seasons here, so to go straight to the Championship after that little experience, no wonder he's struggled. He should have gone back a few steps and started again, possibly in League One. I'm sure some clubs would have been in contact with him. I'm sure his ego has played a part in it if he has just given up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
louth_in_the_south
October 3, 2020, 7:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,681
He needs to sort himself out and make the most of his ability .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
jamesgtfc
October 3, 2020, 8:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,959
Gold Stars: 190
He probably earned a pay rise coming here but the amount being offered by Wigan was probably life-changing. Money only makes you happy until a certain point and if you have enough of it, you can start focusing on enjoying life more.

I hope Bogle is in a good place mentally.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 50
HertsGTFC
October 3, 2020, 9:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

This is another argument I don’t fully understand. Without knowing the finer details of his contract at Wigan, I’m fairly confident that move will have earned Omar close to if not more than £1m, after tax. For a young man who would not have been exceptionally wealthy at the time, how was he meant to turn that down?

Should he have waited for a better offer from a bigger club? He signed for Wigan late on transfer deadline day; he could have held on and then gone and done his cruciate in training the next day. A bird in the hand and all that...

Completely get what you’re saying and agree about the earnings bit and that he may not be completely set for life but at least he had some options that you and I could only dream of.

My point was more about career “progression” at a sustainable pace rather than anything else and if he wanted to build on a good “full time” start then maybe going to a club at the next level (L1) under no threat of relegation or pushing for promotion where he may not start with big expectation may have given him more stability.

I was surprised he signed for Wigan as recent events have proved I’d suspected they where an accident about to happen, then again I would imagine his agent thought it was a great idea.

If he’s comfortable financially and doing what he’s passionate about (music?) then good luck to the kid.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 50
moosey_club
October 3, 2020, 9:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,254
Gold Stars: 226
i enjoy my job, i am happy with my employer.....if a rival company came along and offered me 10 x or  20x my salary guaranteed for a couple of years i wouldnt have to think too long or hard about jumping ship and thinking if it doesnt work out i can retire on the improved finances anyway.

Just because you are good at something doesnt mean you want to do it for a living, you do whatever you can to achieve the best life you desire, if through his moves he no longer has to worry about finances then hats off to him for doing what he wants with the rest of his life to be happy.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 50
Rick12
October 3, 2020, 9:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Poojah

I agree . Any footballer wants to go as high as possible and the money follows that.

I felt with Omar though that he was a good league 1 player at best and his inability to cut it at a higher level  dont surprise me. Hence if Iam comparing Siriki Dembele and Omar differing positions I know but  having seen the pair of them albeit not that much Dembele had more spark in him which I saw from day one and where I didnt see with Omar .Hence look at the stats and so far Dembele has done well at Peterborough  but Omar bar us and lower down the leagues hasnt really had any sustained success.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 50
KingstonMariner
October 3, 2020, 9:47pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I’d still have him back in a shot. Most of what we’ve been discussing is pure speculation. What we do know is he scored more goals in half a season than any other player for us in the League going back to, what Drinkell, in a season.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 50
HertsGTFC
October 3, 2020, 9:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
I agree . Any footballer wants to go as high as possible and the money follows that.

I felt with Omar though that he was a good league 1 player at best and his inability to cut it at a higher level  dont surprise me. Hence if Iam comparing Siriki Dembele and Omar differing positions I know but  having seen the pair of them albeit not that much Dembele had more spark in him which I saw from day one and where I didnt see with Omar .Hence look at the stats and so far Dembele has done well at Peterborough  but Omar bar us and lower down the leagues hasnt really had any sustained success.

It’s a fine balance isn’t it? Learning your trade as a full time player versus securing your future in as shorter time as possible, in all honesty I’d go for the latter without a doubt.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 50
Gainsbro_Mariner
October 3, 2020, 11:04pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
The Bogle situation isn't one you can disect very easily. One thing this tells me is unfortunately he isn't and wasn't very keen to come back to BP, this summer, whether that's for monetary reasons or the fact he views himself as a standard above League Two, and let's face it he is.

It seems after finishing the year playing in the Eredivisie that he may have thought the offers would be ringing from bigger sides than us, and you can't blame him for thinking that because I'm sure most of us expected to see him ending up at Barnsley,  Peterborough or somewhere. He's decent Championship level striker, but at League One he would probably be deadly, let alone League Two. So no denying that if he had come back to us it would have been a monumentous effort by Ollie and the board.

As much as I love and respect the guy you gotta wonder whether some of his posts constitute as attention seeking, and maybe you've got to ask what would you rather do? Take a pay cut, return to the one club that has idolised you, play under an experienced ex Premier League manager and help them reach the next level or sit at home without a club, not earning a wage seemingly sulk and potentially wait for an offer that might not come.

The only way I see Omar coming back is if he really has the urge to play Football and he's sick of waiting for the right club to come along, and even then I would expect Holloway isn't the type of manager who likes to settle for being an 'it will do' option.

Really hard to say what's gonna happen next.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 50
RichMariner
October 3, 2020, 11:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,135
Gold Stars: 209
It'd be interesting to know why we couldn't strike a deal with Omar given that we know there were discussions.

Was it purely wage demands? Or could it be something else, given that it now seems like he's got an eye on something outside of football? Perhaps he wants to go part-time but still play at the highest possible level, but we couldn't agree on that deal.

Other than Ollie, Fenty, Day and Omar himself, who really knows.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 37 - 50
HertsGTFC
October 4, 2020, 12:18am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from RichMariner
It'd be interesting to know why we couldn't strike a deal with Omar given that we know there were discussions.

Was it purely wage demands? Or could it be something else, given that it now seems like he's got an eye on something outside of football? Perhaps he wants to go part-time but still play at the highest possible level, but we couldn't agree on that deal.

Other than Ollie, Fenty, Day and Omar himself, who really knows.

His agent ....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 50
toontown
October 4, 2020, 2:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
In his interview for the BBC about being an out of contract footballer during covid he said that his main aim was all about playing at the highest level possible. I agree with those above that if town were the only club with concrete offers then maybe he has been very surprised and isn't willing to drop down to league 2 so would rather retire than do that. Perhaps his pride getting the better of him.
Really surprised if that is the case both that he wouldn't at least get a league 1 offer and that he would rather retire than at least play out one more contract having a proper crack at first team footy especially somewhere he would have the fans behind him, he hasnt played much for years. Maybe he has just fallen out of love with the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 50
Rick12
October 4, 2020, 8:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from HertsGTFC

It’s a fine balance isn’t it? Learning your trade as a full time player versus securing your future in as shorter time as possible, in all honesty I’d go for the latter without a doubt.
100%. In all honesty though Iam a bit surprised that Omar has allegedly hung up his boots . Only 27 and has played 50 times in the championship which is decent in itself. A lot of lower league players eg league 1 and league 2 will never achieve that so credit where its due.

I imagine as well his possible retirement maybe  due to loosing love with the game due to the unpredictability and stress of it all. Hence higher up the leagues there is better quality and your place is not as  guaranteed as it was say for Grimsby.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 50
golfer
October 4, 2020, 9:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,438
Gold Stars: 116
I think if we had offered him £100K straight he would have signed but with various "virus" clauses it would have reduced this considerably - and under the present conditions there is no way that we dared not include virus clauses as with a lot of other clubs. I hope he is keeping himself fit - just in case.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 50
Henryscat
October 4, 2020, 11:33am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
I might be looking through rose tinted specs but maybe the reason Omar didn’t join us was he knew his heart wasn’t in it and he respected GTFC too much to put us through that?

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 50
Madeleymariner
October 4, 2020, 11:37am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,056
Gold Stars: 50
In the end this is all idle speculation based on no written info whatsoever on twatter/instantcrap etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 50
devs
October 4, 2020, 1:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,982
Gold Stars: 30
He's a drama queen
But it says something I think that a player who was once sold for a million and is still relatively young...no one wants him
Attitude?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 50
Yoda
October 4, 2020, 3:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
His problem is no one wants to pay him 8 grand a week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 50
Yossarian
October 19, 2020, 3:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Approval: +1,073
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
oochiad
October 19, 2020, 4:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,719
Gold Stars: 28
Excellent news; I’ll look forward to checking his progress with them. I’ll never forget what he did for us, good luck Omar!! UTMM!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 50
promotion plaice
October 19, 2020, 4:50pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,062
Gold Stars: 198

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
Yossarian
October 19, 2020, 4:51pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Approval: +1,073
doh!  Thanks Promotion Plaice - didn't see that!  I thought I was being smart!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
promotion plaice
October 19, 2020, 4:59pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,062
Gold Stars: 198
Quoted from Yossarian
doh!  Thanks Promotion Plaice - didn't see that!  I thought I was being smart!

No problem mate  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 50
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar retired?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.