3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
September 30, 2020, 10:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Well according to the premier league doc, only immediate family need to self isolate not team mates.
I'm sure it's much too far fetched to think of a scenario where there was small group training sessions a long, long way away from lincolnshire🤔
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 29
GrimRob
October 1, 2020, 9:53am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from forza ivano
Well according to the premier league doc, only immediate family need to self isolate not team mates.
I'm sure it's much too far fetched to think of a scenario where there was small group training sessions a long, long way away from lincolnshire🤔

They are testing players and other club employees regularly though in the PL though, not immediate family.  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 29
RichMariner
October 1, 2020, 11:20am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Just so I'm clear...

If we were a Premier League club, and Jock Curran tested positive for Covid-19, then only he would have to self-isolate and the rest of the squad could continue as normal (and therefore we'd be able to play matches)?

The PL say that's in line with government guidance, and yet what we've done is also being claimed as in line with protocols.

Hmm.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
The Yard Dog
October 1, 2020, 1:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from RichMariner
Just so I'm clear...

If we were a Premier League club, and Jock Curran tested positive for Covid-19, then only he would have to self-isolate and the rest of the squad could continue as normal (and therefore we'd be able to play matches)?

The PL say that's in line with government guidance, and yet what we've done is also being claimed as in line with protocols.

Hmm.

Premier teams are testing every player and staff, were as we are not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 29
Stadium
October 1, 2020, 1:54pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from RichMariner
Just so I'm clear...

Hmm.

Correct
PL are testing all players and support staff regularly and hence comply to the guidelines.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 29
pen penfras
October 1, 2020, 3:29pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from RichMariner
Just so I'm clear...

Hmm.

What doesn't make sense is why don't Salford, Scunthorpe, Stevenage and whoever else has had positive tests have to self isolate? You can clearly see from the 17 affected Leyton Orient players that it spreads through the training setup easily.

The reality is that players will almost certainly be fine after having it, but if that's the case then just say it rather than this ridiculous situation where clubs seem to have to make their own decisions based on advisors that interpret a set of vague regulations differently and then claim that they've been socially distancing so it's ok.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 29
MarinerDevil
October 1, 2020, 5:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,706
Gold Stars: 80
Our trophy tie with Hull has now been rearranged for 17th November at 17:30.  Suggests that our league games will also be rearranged and we'll avoid forfeiting them, at least.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 29
RichMariner
October 1, 2020, 10:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Premier teams are testing every player and staff, were as we are not.

I see — so had we tested all our players and none showed up as negative then Jock Curran would've self-isolated and everyone else would've continued to train as normal.

I'm guessing we didn't test everyone else because of the cost implication, or could there be another reason?

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 27 - 29
Croxton
October 1, 2020, 10:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from RichMariner

I see — so had we tested all our players and none showed up as negative then Jock Curran would've self-isolated and everyone else would've continued to train as normal.

I'm guessing we didn't test everyone else because of the cost implication, or could there be another reason?

Did you mean 'positive?'     Club statement explains why we didn't test the whole squad.

ttps://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/club-statement/

Philip Day says that it is not viable to test everyone regularly. Many clubs take the same approach until a case is found but respond differently e.g. Stevenage. EFL says each club is responsible for following their own medical advice. Hence the mess!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 29
aldi_01
October 2, 2020, 6:31am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think that’s what this all is; a mess. On so many levels. Clubs literally able to make up their approach, a league that is seemingly a rudderless ship and fans stuck in the middle wondering why some teams play and some don’t.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Thiago self -isolating after positive test

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.