10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
September 27, 2020, 10:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473

This has got the dead hand of Fenty all over it hasn't it?

First to cut costs, last to get ready for the new season.

Bigger worry for me is how Holloway fell for it over a fish and chip lunch. There never was going to be a new stadium, there never was going to be new investment and there never was a cat in hell's chances of @squeaky changing his ways.

I assumed at the time Ollie would have backers ready to come in and turn the club around but rather like a lot of my predictions it seems wide of the mark.

We may not agree politically but in this sense I think we’re on the same page...alarm bells about Holloway should’ve rung at the time, if he was drawn in by the incompetence of Fenty then its a recipe for disaster.

I don’t believe the EFL are competent but I think we have to be honest and say some of our own preparations have left us struggling...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 93
Ipswin
September 27, 2020, 10:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

Bigger worry for me is how Holloway fell for it over a fish and chip lunch. There never was going to be a new stadium, there never was going to be new investment and there never was a cat in hell's chances of @squeaky changing his ways.

I assumed at the time Ollie would have backers ready to come in and turn the club around but rather like a lot of my predictions it seems wide of the mark.

Could it also be a case of how did Fenty fall for it over a fish and chip lunch, he was probably totally in awe of Holloway's past (and I emphasise past) triumphs and experience and couldn't believe his luck when Holloway agreed to come. Why should Fenty change his ways, Holloway was fully aware of how he operated before he took the job. Frankly given the current situation I'm glad Fenty is 'squeaky'

Also as you point out Holloway doesn't have any backers either

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 93
golfer
September 27, 2020, 12:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
My opinion is that he is all blab and JSF isn't the only one who fell for it. Good intentions but not that good himself
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 93
lew chaterleys lover
September 27, 2020, 1:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,755
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from golfer
My opinion is that he is all blab and JSF isn't the only one who fell for it. Good intentions but not that good himself

Funny how Fenty falls for everything from every manager then by all accounts. He even fell for Bignot and Jolley.

No, the problem doesn't lie with Holloway who has had a fantastic managerial career. Fenty is to blame and although I am delighted Holloway is here I am surprised he talked about squeaky in glowing terms.
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 93
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cheltenham Game Off

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.