10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 26, 2020, 7:54am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
I have given up watching the news as it’s so depressing but I did catch that numbers entering Hospital with Covid is a relatively small percentage of the people testing positive which supports the belief that the strain is now much weaker and thus much less dangerous.

This seems to me where our Scientific Advisers need to put some energies into as could be crucial in determining how long everyone is suffering these changes to our normal lifestyle. Appreciate this is not straightforward but there seems to be little information surrounding this theory.

As for Orient players becoming immune my mate’s sister has tested positive for Covid 3 times the latest has given positive returns overa two month period but she still has had no ill effects despite being in her eighties!!! One of lif’s mysteries but shows the virus can remain in your system for quite some time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 93
GollyGTFC
September 26, 2020, 8:11am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,981
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
I have given up watching the news as it’s so depressing but I did catch that numbers entering Hospital with Covid is a relatively small percentage of the people testing positive which supports the belief that the strain is now much weaker and thus much less dangerous.

This seems to me where our Scientific Advisers need to put some energies into as could be crucial in determining how long everyone is suffering these changes to our normal lifestyle. Appreciate this is not straightforward but there seems to be little information surrounding this theory.

As for Orient players becoming immune my mate’s sister has tested positive for Covid 3 times the latest has given positive returns overa two month period but she still has had no ill effects despite being in her eighties!!! One of lif’s mysteries but shows the virus can remain in your system for quite some time.

Sorry, but your first paragraph is total and utter, absolute b*ll*cks.

At the start of all this the only people getting tested were when they were ill enough to be admitted to hospital. Testing is far more widely available now so people like Jock Curran who are mildly unwell are now being tested and diagnosed and therefore added to the count.

Remember Oxford university did a random sample of anti-body tests a couple of months ago and predicting around 3.6 million people in UK had already had the virus.

The government and their advisers made it clear there is no evidence that this is a lesser strain.

Worth remembering that if you have COVID and flu simultaneously you are 6 times more likely to die than if you just had COVID on it’s own. This winter’s flu season is only just starting.

I wouldn’t wish to offer medical advice, but everyone should get the flu vaccine this year even if you have to pay.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 71 - 93
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 26, 2020, 8:26am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Sorry, but your first paragraph is total and utter, absolute b*ll*cks.

At the start of all this the only people getting tested were when they were ill enough to be admitted to hospital. Testing is far more widely available now so people like Jock Curran who are mildly unwell are now being tested and diagnosed and therefore added to the count.

Remember Oxford university did a random sample of anti-body tests a couple of months ago and predicting around 3.6 million people in UK had already had the virus.

The government and their advisers made it clear there is no evidence that this is a lesser strain.

Worth remembering that if you have COVID and flu simultaneously you are 6 times more likely to die than if you just had COVID on it’s own. This winter’s flu season is only just starting.

I wouldn’t wish to offer medical advice, but everyone should get the flu vaccine this year even if you have to pay.

These guys disagree but I am no expert so it may be as you so kindly pointed out incorrect

deadly://www.newscientist.com/.....w-why/#ixzz6W7JIUmYw
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 93
pen penfras
September 26, 2020, 8:49am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Scientists have said there's no evidence that this strain is weaker. I think the main differences are that more people are being tested and it's mostly young people, not ripping through care homes like it did before. Plus we're only at the very start of the second wave. Hospital admissions are typically 2-4 weeks after contracting the virus and deaths 4-8 weeks later.

As for the tests, I know people who tested positive for nearly 2 months, which was 6 weeks after symptoms passed. The testers said that it was because the test detects dead virus cells and they can remain in your system for quite a while without being contagious. This is not the same as catching it twice, and I've only heard of one anecdotal case that somebody caught it twice and that is very much disputed by the doctors and scientists (when I read it a month ago)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 93
September 26, 2020, 8:53am
Guest User
So we have one days training before we play Bolton.

What’s the point of this season. Just a farce.
Reply: 74 - 93
pen penfras
September 26, 2020, 8:56am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from 3610
So we have one days training before we play Bolton.

What’s the point of this season. Just a farce.

I don't quite follow what's been said though. We offered to test all players, but because the incubation period is 5 days then it wouldn't rule out the risk. So why can't we wait until 5 days after Curran was last involved with the squad, then test everybody with the 30 minute result test and get back to normal?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 93
Hagrid
September 26, 2020, 9:12am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 534
Bradford stevenage goes ahead.  Makes no sense at all
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 93
Davec
September 26, 2020, 9:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
With these other games going ahead despite positive cases I can see us getting a heavy fine and/or points deduction for failing to fulfill a fixture.

I know that is unfair but since when has EFL showed common sense and with other games going ahead that could persuade them to punish us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 93
Grantham_Mariner
September 26, 2020, 9:33am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from Davec
With these other games going ahead despite positive cases I can see us getting a heavy fine and/or points deduction for failing to fulfill a fixture.

I know that is unfair but since when has EFL showed common sense and with other games going ahead that could persuade them to punish us

No penalty will be imposed as all we have done is follow government rules. Just worried about the 4 games in 8 days at yhe end of the season  (If we get that far).  The EFL are cap in hand to the government/PL and will not jeopardise that by imposing penalties.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 93
jamesgtfc
September 26, 2020, 9:50am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,956
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

No penalty will be imposed as all we have done is follow government rules. Just worried about the 4 games in 8 days at yhe end of the season  (If we get that far).  The EFL are cap in hand to the government/PL and will not jeopardise that by imposing penalties.

If they award the 3 points to our next 3 opponents I think our chairman will be returning to his day job as a solicitor. We can't be punished for following government guidance although I suppose the get out clause is that Track & Trace haven't made people isolate. You could argue though that by the time they get round to it we've infected half of the Cheltenham squad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 93
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cheltenham Game Off

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.