Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 378 Guests

Cheltenham Game Off

This thread currently has 16,243 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
September 25, 2020, 10:18pm
Guest User
Quoted from TAGG
Postpone the season until this C19 balderdash is over.

OK when will it be over.
Reply: 60 - 93
aldi_01
September 25, 2020, 10:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Of this thing is actually as dangerous as we’re being told then surely sport, music, clubs etc might as well shut permanently else this will just be a ever ending stream of ridiculousness and stop start.

People can get in to the discussion and share their views of whether they believe the hype/science/media and so on but at some point we have to plough one through or give up.

I get that people wanna blame the EFL, some wanna blame the club, some wanna blame government but the whole thing is simply a mess. Clubs having a go at each other will just become an even bigger issue I think...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 93
male private Nale
September 25, 2020, 10:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -806
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from 140067

OK when will it be over.

Yeah should be re phrased to when this irrational fear of catching something that is highly unlikely to kill you is over.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 93
monkeyboy
September 25, 2020, 11:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
So presumably the orient squad will have herd immunity pretty much now.

Will they need testing once they have gone past 2 weeks? Probably be safe to play them in a few weeks than a team that hasn’t had cases. Provided you can’t get a double infection that is and there’s no evidence saying you can.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 93
sydney
September 25, 2020, 11:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +994
Gold Stars: 2
The Season should postponed until we have vaccine
EFL Clubs simply cannot afford to fund this situation
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 93
sonofmadeleymariner
September 26, 2020, 12:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from MarinerDevil
What exactly are the EFL investigating?

Listening to Day's interviews it's obvious he was put in an impossible situation and could only protect people at our club and the teams we are due to play.  If we're in line for some form of punishment for this, the authorities have officially lost their marbles.

I'm guessing any of these.

Curran didn't break any rules. We didn't break any rules. We're not faking it just trying to postpone 3 games to get players fit.

Can't think of any more.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 93
promotion plaice
September 26, 2020, 12:04am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,956
Gold Stars: 189

Football League chairman Rick Parry now saying coronavirus testing will increase after Town's game against Cheltenham became the latest to be postponed.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 93
sonofmadeleymariner
September 26, 2020, 1:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from promotion plaice

Football League chairman Rick Parry now saying coronavirus testing will increase after Town's game against Cheltenham became the latest to be postponed.

Yeah but is the EFL going to pay for it? As I can bet most EFL clubs can't afford to.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 93
mimma
September 26, 2020, 1:35am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
[quote=21]

Yeah but is the EFL going to pay for it? As I can bet most EFL clubs can't afford to.[/q

Can't we use Boris's "state of the art"  test and trace scheme for free, since we now have an employee that has tested positive?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 93
denni266
September 26, 2020, 7:16am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +636
Gold Stars: 129
I think the way cases are going up, we will be having some sort of lockdown , so that will end football for this season without the EFL having to do it .. It wont be long either that we are told that i cant go sit 15 mtrs apart doing a spot of fishing way out in the country on my own pond.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 93
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Cheltenham Game Off

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.