5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
September 19, 2020, 5:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 507
Can we End it now? That was painful, Taylor & Tilly were awful, Green so isolated. Lightweight all over the park, bullied by Salford who bullied the ref. 2nd pen a terrible decision but we were not getting back into it. Where is Scannell. Where is Jackson. where is Sisay? Why are we so un prepared. Its not good enough. And its not an excuse we should be using “ oh we arent fit yet”. We’re paying money for this and its not on. I hate salford and how they are but they desevred 3 points. 4-0 at home 2nd game of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
September 19, 2020, 5:15pm
Guest User
Not surprised... it was the same last year. Salford bench always in the ref and 4th official's ear
Reply: 1 - 40
Rick12
September 19, 2020, 5:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45

First the positives. Thought Edwards looked good in patches. For me Grimsby's most naturally best player.

As for the game. Not much in it and a bit unlucky to loose 4-0. Some of the penalty's for Salford were dubious at best.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 40
moosey_club
September 19, 2020, 5:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,142
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Rick12

First the positives. Thought Edwards looked good in patches. For me Grimsby's most naturally best player.

As for the game. Not much in it and a bit unlucky to loose 4-0. Some of the penalty's for Salford were dubious at best.

By "some" i presume you mean 1 of the 3 they got  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 40
Heisenberg
September 19, 2020, 5:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,813
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from 139881
Not surprised... it was the same last year. Salford bench always in the ref and 4th official's ear

I’m with Hagrid, this is different to last season. I have to say I  think we’re going down.

Of course it’s ridiculous to consider that after 2 games, but what is clear is that this season was a leveller - no fans, so no proper income - so it was always gonna be the ones who stick out their neck will do well or at least survive. Our board have scrimped, and it shows.

I genuinely thought I’d pay £460 for 46 games in iFollow this season,  but at £30 and 3 defeats, I’m done.

Bogle = survival.

Current squad = Probable relegation.

We’re already looking for two worse teams than us, but we’ll be looking for quite some time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 40
male private Nale
September 19, 2020, 5:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -806
Gold Stars: 131
I was prepared to be slow out of the blocks through September and feel we would gel as a squad ready to kick on from October.
However results like this will hammer the fragile confidence of such an inexperienced squad, I fear for our potential back four of Preston, Idehen, waterfall and Hewitt going into Cheltenham away next week.
Tilley appears miles off the speed of league 2 , seems to be confidence player and is sorely lacking it. We are such an inexperienced side and lacked any kind of leadership especially in second half. Jackson and Sisay must be no where near first team either.  
Positives were we had chances ,their keeper pulled off brilliant save from green and Williams shot just trickled to a goal line clearance. I thought Clifton was man of Match today,

We need to take a few of these young lads out the firing line for a week or two though our squad dictates they will be in it.

Here is hoping in the face of adversity we pull off an Exeter away style shock like last season.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 40
Chrisblor
September 19, 2020, 5:27pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from Rick12

I like Edwards and I think he's skilled, but the lad is so raw and has displayed absolutely zero end product in the two league games so far. Went clean through at 0-0 today and tamely hit his shot into the onrushing keeper instead of trying to lift it over him. Could have been a completely different result if that went in. His decision making on the ball needs a lot of work too - he's guilty of keeping possession and trying to do too much himself before ending up on his bottom, or deliberating too long and missing the opportunity for an incisive pass far too often. Don't want to get on his back too much because he's only played two league matches in his career so far, but it's worrying when someone as inexperienced and inconsistent as him is viewed as our biggest attacking threat.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 40
Rick12
September 19, 2020, 5:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from moosey_club

By "some" i presume you mean 1 of the 3 they got  
Yes  .

Feel for the players though. Hence to have some of them given decisions  get given against you ,must be tough on the mental side. I dont think the players heads went down so credit to them.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 40
pen penfras
September 19, 2020, 5:31pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Rick12

I think he's an absolute liability to have in the team. His first instinct is to take somebody on, regardless of where on the pitch he is. He slows the game down too much. He needs to beat a man 3 times before actually going anywhere. He has the worst end product and decision making I think I've ever seen. Salford figured out that if they stand still, he just gives you the ball back.

I'd have Gibson, Scannell and Green as the front 3 next time. At least Gibson was around to win the second ball when he came on and made some nice bits of link up play
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 40
Gaffer58
September 19, 2020, 5:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
As it’s appearing that it could be a long miserable season and a bit tight at the back end, I noticed when Sky showed the current league table they had only 1 team below the dotted line, intimating only one relegation place this season, question is, is that correct ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 40
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.