HertsGTFC
September 19, 2020, 7:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from pontoonlew
In times like this I’ll always try to see the best but my god we are excrement.

Thankfully I feel Holloway knows that, but then again how on earth do you go from Benson to Taylor? One will be playing at Mollenux every season and the other will be lucky to be working in the club shop.

We just look absolutely awful, no end product and woeful at the back.

I’ve bought the last 2 on iFollow and I fear one more will conclude in the neighbours questioning my girlfriends welfare.

So much time to sort it, but so so far to go.

I’m not having that to be honest you can’t blame any of the young kids and singling out someone who prepared to move away from his home and club to try and be the best he can makes no sense.

These lads where never meant to be thrown in on mass and can’t be blamed for getting stuff wrong.

Aim criticism at the manager (whoever he may be) as he is the one who’s ultimately accountable.

Also I seem to remember that it took Benson a good few games to make strides.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 40
Malta_Mariner_90
September 19, 2020, 8:04pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Did not see that second half coming at half time. While we were far from amazing in the first half we did hit the bar, miss a one on one, see their keeper make a brilliant save to deny a Green header and see an effort cleared off the line.

If any of those go in I think we would have seen a different second half. While clutching at straws somewhat at least we created the chances in the first half to suggest there is some hope.

Not that this makes up in any way for the second half shambles. Still I would be very surprised if it got any worse than that second half under Holloway.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 40
Ipswin
September 19, 2020, 10:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
If you listen carefully you can hear Limbrick pissing himself laughing

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 40
Abdul19
September 19, 2020, 11:26pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
Understandable - Salford were the one team he managed to win a game against.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 40
louth_in_the_south
September 19, 2020, 11:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,674
Gold Stars: 95
I blame it on the pitch .

Lower F5
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 40
HarrogateMariner
September 19, 2020, 11:52pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +479
Gold Stars: 23
I know we lost 4-0 but for me they were not 4 goals better than us. Many will disagree but the second penalty changes the game. Whilist not exactly free flowing attacking football we were the better team at that point. Salford are a horrible team with a horrible manager and horrible owners. But because of that they will go up. It's not a coincidence that they get lots of penalties and decisions. Yes the 1st and 3rd ones today were clear,  but the 2nd was never a penalty.

I actually thought there were positives and with Hendrie back and Hanson/ another experianced goalscorer we will look a lot better. Idehen a great prospect but maybe not the right time now for him. Preston was good but Clifton my man of match. As someone else said everything good came through him today. That was the sort of performance we want from him and he showed he is easily capable. Has to play for me and in my opinion we have to go with strongest 11 for all league games now. Give the best 11 time to get to know each other.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 40
mariner2000
September 19, 2020, 11:59pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Hagrid
Can we End it now? That was painful, Taylor & Tilly were awful, Green so isolated. Lightweight all over the park, bullied by Salford who bullied the ref. 2nd pen a terrible decision but we were not getting back into it. Where is Scannell. Where is Jackson. where is Sisay? Why are we so un prepared. Its not good enough. And its not an excuse we should be using “ oh we arent fit yet”. We’re paying money for this and its not on. I hate salford and how they are but they desevred 3 points. 4-0 at home 2nd game of the season.

Do we assume the issue with Sisay is his international clearance?  How long before we find out he has left the club?

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 26 - 40
promotion plaice
September 20, 2020, 12:11am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,049
Gold Stars: 197

After all the hype when Holloway took over, nothing changes, the joys of being a Town fan eh.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 40
September 20, 2020, 6:15am
Guest User
Quoted from promotion plaice
After all the hype when Holloway took over, nothing changes, the joys of being a Town fan eh.

My memory isn't all it could be nowadays...but when have Town ever started a season well?

Under Lennie Lawrence in the Championship, and...??

44 games to go, and still plenty of undrunk beer in the world...so too early to start panicking imo.
Reply: 28 - 40
Hagrid
September 20, 2020, 7:29am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,389
Gold Stars: 534
Woken up feeling still pretty depressive about yesterday, which is never a good thing as football is ruling your life too much. Just typical town isnt it, always behind. To lose 4-0 at home it just isnt on. The board need to back him because we are woefully under prepared with little or no squad depth.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.