Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Salford (H) Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 127 Guests

Salford (H) Match Thread

This thread currently has 27,101 views. Print
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
WetFlannel
September 19, 2020, 3:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
Further proof, not that we ever needed it, that those morons who were calling others ‘snowflakes’ all this time have been the real snowflakes all along. Imagine crying because some people are exercising their rights
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 237
sonofmadeleymariner
September 19, 2020, 3:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
As most have said Tilley is really struggling against Tourey he's being out muscled, beaten in the air and struggling to cover him defensively.

2 half games in I don't see what Taylor brings to the side. Opening 10 minutes bad pass after bad pass after bad pass, then he's completely disappeared for the last 35 minutes. Can't wiat for Rose to be fully fit thought he did a great job in the holding role against Morecombe.

We could easily be winning this but its just not happening for us in that final third of the pitch. Idehan and Ohman once again impressing Idehan especially he looks alot calmer this week thought he looked a little jittery last weekend.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 237
ginnywings
September 19, 2020, 4:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Well whatever we think about the need for a new striker, IH stated in his interview that he is looking for an experienced one to help us, so he obviously feels that we do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 237
moosey_club
September 19, 2020, 4:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Henryscat
To be fair that was a great save from Green’s header. Not sure any other striker would have scored.

Come out second half guns blazing and we might sneak this.

Head it down he scores, he didnt and ....he didnt

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 237
Kris2
September 19, 2020, 4:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from pontoonlew

What do they have that we don’t already have?

I’m glad you asked, are you forgetting how utterly woeful Green was last year? 2 goals in the league for an entire season, now he’s our best option. I’m sure he’s a nice bloke and might do well, but he’s not league standard anymore IMO.

Our other 3 options haven’t played a league game and Hanson is injured yet again.

You can see it as negative, I’d like to think I’m a fairly realistic fan but to see our striking options and to be happy is completely and utterly naive.

I notice you do not have a flipping clue who we could bring in that has something we don't already have. Says it all really, you just want a new striker because it's exciting for the fans to see a new face and hope they'll be good. Not even going to entertain the whining about Green or that Hanson has an injury.

Name a player who is available, will come here now, we can afford and is better than what we have. You can even go ahead and suggest it to the GTFC board and IH as you clearly know more about what we need and what's available.
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 237
cardiffmariner
September 19, 2020, 4:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,314
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from Ipswin

FFS we've all got the message by now. Isn't there another passing bandwagon for these twits to jump on

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I'd be interested to hear you state this particular point directly to our black players , whom  I suspect have had very different life experiences to you, and see what they have to say with regards this 'bandwagon' you think they have all jumped on.

To suggest we've all 'got the message' now is bonkers in the extreme. I think what you are actually saying is please stop upsetting my delicate white sensibilities. Red cross away guys, each one is another example of how we certainly haven't all 'got the message' yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 237
Kris2
September 19, 2020, 4:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
As most have said Tilley is really struggling against Tourey he's being out muscled, beaten in the air and struggling to cover him defensively.

2 half games in I don't see what Taylor brings to the side. Opening 10 minutes bad pass after bad pass after bad pass, then he's completely disappeared for the last 35 minutes. Can't wiat for Rose to be fully fit thought he did a great job in the holding role against Morecombe.

We could easily be winning this but its just not happening for us in that final third of the pitch. Idehan and Ohman once again impressing Idehan especially he looks alot calmer this week thought he looked a little jittery last weekend.

Idehan nearly cost us another goal with a rash decision and we are giving away too many fouls. I think they look anything but calm when Salford come forward lol.
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 237
Mayaman
September 19, 2020, 4:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,399
Gold Stars: 74
I expect a lot of gamesmanship from Salford.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 237
Chrisblor
September 19, 2020, 4:08pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,772
Gold Stars: 233
Offside from a freekick....come on.....properly basic stuff this

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 237
ginnywings
September 19, 2020, 4:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Kris2

I notice you do not have a flipping clue who we could bring in that has something we don't already have. Says it all really, you just want a new striker because it's exciting for the fans to see a new face and hope they'll be good. Not even going to entertain the whining about Green or that Hanson has an injury.

Name a player who is available, will come here now, we can afford and is better than what we have. You can even go ahead and suggest it to the GTFC board and IH as you clearly know more about what we need and what's available.

We were actively trying to sign Omar Bogle, so there is clearly scope to bring someone in. It's down to the management to identify an appropriate striker, not the job of the fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 237
24 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Salford (H) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.