Hagrid
August 12, 2020, 3:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from quebec38
Don’t think either are ready for the championship yet especially Glennon but L1 or 2 definitely. I think we’d be well placed to take them if they came back down to this division however if they have offers from above then obviously we’re going to struggle but who knows.

I thought both did well last season but Benson already looked a class above L2 for me. Laser guided passing that we haven’t seen at BP in a long time.

For me it was glennon above benson. His performance at Bradford was one of the best ive seen for a long time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 43
mariners1
August 12, 2020, 3:17pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +201
Gold Stars: 1
Among their many positive attributes is that they have pace and can last for 90 mins. Don’t think that there’s any town supporter who wouldn’t be absolutely delighted  to have them back.
I must say I didn’t think that we would have a sniff of getting them back but - just in case they might read this forum (u never know!)- we’d love to see u back here. They would know that they’d get game time fellas and good footballers want to be playing In proper games don’t they?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 43
ex-merseymariner
August 12, 2020, 4:00pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
burnley loan news; https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53752634

if they are loaning him out again...........

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 43
jock dock tower
August 12, 2020, 4:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Thing is, if Burnley are happy with their progress at BP under Ollie, they'l be more than happy to punt (either of) them back again, surely? At the level Ollie works at you assume he's probably got a decent working relationship with Sean Dyche so don't really see an issue of they still both need game time?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 43
Heisenberg
August 12, 2020, 5:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from jock dock tower
Thing is, if Burnley are happy with their progress at BP under Ollie, they'l be more than happy to punt (either of) them back again, surely? At the level Ollie works at you assume he's probably got a decent working relationship with Sean Dyche so don't really see an issue of they still both need game time?

I do think this might be a case of clubs 'warehousing' players, though.  They get them young, get them to sign a long deal, then farm them out to see how they get on.  This is fair enough and totally their prerogative, but it seems there's such a small percentage of players for whom this actually works.  By and large, these players are just kept on in the hope they miraculously become Premier League players, or as a much more likely Plan B, they'll be sold for a profit.  Take the lad at Morecambe who's been mentioned; at 22, and sent there for another season, do Burnley REALLY think he'll become a Burnley 1st team regular?  Very unlikely.  Sometimes you've just got to let players go rather than stringing them along.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 43
mariners1
August 12, 2020, 5:05pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +201
Gold Stars: 1
And if Jake Hessenthaler isn’t sorted with another club yet then I’d have him back in a heartbeat....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 43
acko338
August 12, 2020, 5:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,230
Gold Stars: 33
Both Burnley and Sunderland know that we look after their uoung players on loan and give them every opportunity to shine.

Surely Holloway will use that fact to the fullest to bring good young and hungry players into.the club this year, and he will look after them.properly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 43
sam gy
August 12, 2020, 6:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 56
At the end of the day, both of their professional playing careers consist of about 10( league two games. It’s not as if they’re gonna walk into a championship side.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 43
HertsGTFC
August 12, 2020, 6:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Sometimes it’s more about a players progression and what particular level they play at may not be a measure.

Glennon has started around a dozen senior games and Benson around the same so a loan back to our level would arguably progress them after a promising start.

All that said I don’t think we’ll see them in Town shirts but would be more than happy if we did.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 43
devs
August 12, 2020, 7:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,984
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from mariners1
And if Jake Hessenthaler isn’t sorted with another club yet then I’d have him back in a heartbeat....

Not for me - ultimately what was he?
No goals in him
Bits and pieces player
L2 run of the mill
One of ,any who ply their trade at that level

I think if you are serious promotion contenders you can do better than Jake -great pro and good lad that he is

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Benson & Glennon

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.