Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Be excited!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 338 Guests

Be excited!!

This thread currently has 27,503 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
August 10, 2020, 3:28pm
Guest User
Rocky theme comes to mind
Reply: 40 - 73
denni266
August 10, 2020, 5:07pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Hope his passing is as pinpoint as that left hook lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 73
HertsGTFC
August 10, 2020, 10:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
I do recall Ollie raving about Tilley prior to his arrival so as much as I love him it doesn’t take much to get him excited.

Would Charlie Adam add something? Maybe maybe not, personally I’d be more excited if we got Benson & Glennon back on season long loans, if they’ve not been snapped up already.

I get we should sign our own players but in such uncertain times decent loanees will be important.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 73
August 11, 2020, 5:37am
Guest User
Some strange comments on here regarding Charlie Adam’s Age??!! WTAF?
He’s got an amazing pedigree and would be possible the best signing Town had secured in many many years. So much so that I very much doubt it would happen!!

Remember Paul Futcher and Garry Birtles, they were at the tail end of their career and what awesome signings they both turned out to be. Fairly sure that Charlie would Boss the Centre of the Park in most games!!

We can all dream...but let’s not lose sight of the reality that we are GTFC in League 2.

Fingers crossed that there is an ounce of truth in this rumour, it would be an incredible signing!

UTM
Reply: 43 - 73
August 11, 2020, 6:30am
Guest User
Quoted from 1542
Some strange comments on here regarding Charlie Adam’s Age??!! WTAF?
He’s got an amazing pedigree and would be possible the best signing Town had secured in many many years. So much so that I very much doubt it would happen!!

Remember Paul Futcher and Garry Birtles, they were at the tail end of their career and what awesome signings they both turned out to be. Fairly sure that Charlie would Boss the Centre of the Park in most games!!

We can all dream...but let’s not lose sight of the reality that we are GTFC in League 2.

Fingers crossed that there is an ounce of truth in this rumour, it would be an incredible signing!

UTM

For some reason, a lot of posters on this forum seem to think that when you turn 30 you're ready for the knackers yard.  I suggest those guys do some research on players aged between 30-40 and see how many are still playing football on a regular basis for their respective teams.  And still have legs!!

Reply: 44 - 73
Davec
August 11, 2020, 6:34am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from 123614

For some reason, a lot of posters on this forum seem to think that when you turn 30 you're ready for the knackers yard.  I suggest those guys do some research on players aged between 30-40 and see how many are still playing football on a regular basis for their respective teams.  And still have legs!!

Who can forget the weekly "has Disley's legs gone" threads we used to have on here!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 73
Jarmo.Is.God
August 11, 2020, 8:13am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I do recall Ollie raving about Tilley prior to his arrival so as much as I love him it doesn’t take much to get him excited.

Would Charlie Adam add something? Maybe maybe not, personally I’d be more excited if we got Benson & Glennon back on season long loans, if they’ve not been snapped up already.

I get we should sign our own players but in such uncertain times decent loanees will be important.

Tilley looks a really really good player.
He will 100% play higher than league 2
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 73
marinerdazza
August 11, 2020, 10:30am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,848
Gold Stars: 82
Looks like we’re about to find out. Matt Dean just tweeted that Town are about to unveil the first signings...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 73
Perkins
August 11, 2020, 10:49am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from marinerdazza
Looks like we’re about to find out. Matt Dean just tweeted that Town are about to unveil the first signings...

More than one then?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 73
TownSNAFU5
August 11, 2020, 10:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
The Grimsby “s”.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Be excited!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.