5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Madeleymariner
August 2, 2020, 9:44pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Well just had a nice meal in Greek restaurant the town is silent maybe no one has got back yet  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 46
Heisenberg
August 2, 2020, 9:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,044
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Harrogate have always been numerous divisions below their near neighbours York.  Harrogate are now 2 divisions above York in the pyramid.  How football fortunes change so quickly.  

I remember when Blackpool were a Premier club and played little p#sspot Fleetwood in the cup. Literally 4 years later or something Fleetwood were above them in the league. These things do happen,  somehow. That’s like Cleethorpes being above Town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 46
Poojah
August 2, 2020, 11:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,485
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from Abdul19

There was one 5 minutes walk away last time. Loads in the town centre too, which can only be 10 or 15 minutes away.

It’s between 10 and 20 minutes depending on how fast you walk, but it’s easily doable. Some decent boozers in town and not a bad night out either, if a little bit ‘rah’.

It’s got the makings of a good away day as and when they become possible again. Let’s hope that’s sometime next season.

League Two has been quite a southern division since we’ve been back in it, but there’s a definitely a more northern feel to it next season. 14 northern clubs in the league including us, 15 if you’re prepared to count no man’s land Walsall (and I am since it’s significantly quicker to get to than Barrow).

It’s a real shame it’s fallen like this at a time when things are as they are. With the feel good factor that has been around since Ollie’s arrival on NYE, the clear improvement in performances and some really attractive away fixtures on the cards we’d have been capable of some pretty phenomenal away followings.

Let’s not write the whole season off just yet though - bring on that fúcking vaccine!

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 46
AdamHaddock
August 3, 2020, 1:08am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,838
Gold Stars: 26
I would have preferred Halifax but still better than notts

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 46
diehardmariner
August 3, 2020, 12:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,601
Gold Stars: 538
I thought Harrogate looked a good bet to more than compete at this level next season.

Ten minute spell after half-time aside, by far the best side.  Soon as they brought Stead on to hold it up, County never looked likely to get back in it.  

Regards the pitch, probably about time that the EFL looked at ripping this rule up about not being allowed a 3G pitch.  Harrogate chairman spoke very eloquently before the game about how having a pitch like that has served to bring the local community together around the club.  Huge shame to lose that just because the EFL insist that an expensive to maintain water bog getting used 23 times a year is better than a comparatively cheap pitch that can be used non-stop.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 46
BobbyCummingsTackle
August 3, 2020, 3:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,270
Gold Stars: 304
Quoted from Heisenberg

I remember when Blackpool were a Premier club and played little p#sspot Fleetwood in the cup. Literally 4 years later or something Fleetwood were above them in the league. These things do happen,  somehow. That’s like Cleethorpes being above Town.

I used to live in the Manchester area and was a journeyman amateur player. When Town were in the bottom half of the Natl League and relegation was possible there was a real danger that they could be playing teams I had played against - that depressed the hell out of me. Almost as much as it did my Stockport supporting mate who had to suffer a weekly 'I've played there!' message before Stockport visited places like Poynton.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 46
lew chaterleys lover
August 3, 2020, 6:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Congratulations to Harrogate becoming a league club. I never thought I would be saying that.

If Harrogate can get to league 2 from a standing start and attract enough decent players to get them there, then a club of our status in the game can aspire to the Championship.

Money must have played a key part in Harrogate attracting the right players but everything else in football terms is against them, so it just shows what can be achieved with the right attitude.

I think Ollie gets this crucial point- amazing things can happen to clubs like Harrogate but even more amazing things can happen to a club like Grimsby Town.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 46
grimsby pete
August 3, 2020, 7:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222

I used to live in the Manchester area and was a journeyman amateur player. When Town were in the bottom half of the Natl League and relegation was possible there was a real danger that they could be playing teams I had played against - that depressed the hell out of me. Almost as much as it did my Stockport supporting mate who had to suffer a weekly 'I've played there!' message before Stockport visited places like Poynton.

No you was not Bobby .

You are a legend !!!!!  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 46
Caveman
August 3, 2020, 8:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 17
The story really started when son got the manager's job.

Then dad bought the club.

Good luck to them, except when they play Town .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 46
TheRealJohnLewis
August 3, 2020, 9:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
I find it rather perculiar that there is this amount of postive comments when they're run by a sugar daddy just like FGR but FGR are seen negatively. What am I missing?
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harrogate Town

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.