Heisenberg
August 2, 2020, 7:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,044
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Madeleymariner
I know just driven through the Town to get to the hotel and absolutely nothing on the streets in shop windows etc cheering them on remember our 1st trip to Wembley you knew what was going on that weekend if you were in town for a whole week before

That’s incredible, but Harrogate is definitely a Gretna in the making. I like that place a lot, and the ground really isn’t far from the centre, so I’d love an away day there. Fact is though, if crowds are allowed back by then, it’ll be strictly all ticket. That is a SMALL ‘stadium’.

Pleased Notts County stayed down though. It’s purely childish jealousy, but after we spent 6 years down there I’ve hated seeing the likes of Bristol Rovers and Cheltenham bounce straight back up. Multiple seasons down there is a very humbling experience,  and getting back ain’t easy, or at least it shouldn’t be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 46
forza ivano
August 2, 2020, 7:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
Very pleased with that result.county definitely need to be non league for a few more years so they can feel the pain like us, oxford and luton etc have had to. Bet they're already looking forward to their f.a. trophy game in November (still shudder at the memory,/ignominy)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 46
promotion plaice
August 2, 2020, 7:38pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Lovely place Harrogate very affluent, my grandparents lived there.

Pleased they got promoted.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 46
thevera
August 2, 2020, 7:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Heisenberg

That’s incredible, but Harrogate is definitely a Gretna in the making. I like that place a lot, and the ground really isn’t far from the centre, so I’d love an away day there. Fact is though, if crowds are allowed back by then, it’ll be strictly all ticket. That is a SMALL ‘stadium’.

Pleased Notts County stayed down though. It’s purely childish jealousy, but after we spent 6 years down there I’ve hated seeing the likes of Bristol Rovers and Cheltenham bounce straight back up. Multiple seasons down there is a very humbling experience,  and getting back ain’t easy, or at least it shouldn’t be.

They are currently redeveloping one of their stands to take the ground capacity above 5000.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 46
August 2, 2020, 7:43pm
Guest User
Quoted from wigworld
Is the orginial Macca still involved with Harrogate?

Which stone you been hiding under. He's been at Alford and Boston since. Well documented on here.
Reply: 24 - 46
August 2, 2020, 7:48pm
Guest User
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Makes a change from a red card!!

Or a driving ban. Let's hope he's sensible.
Reply: 25 - 46
TownSNAFU5
August 2, 2020, 7:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
Harrogate have always been numerous divisions below their near neighbours York.  Harrogate are now 2 divisions above York in the pyramid.  How football fortunes change so quickly.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 46
Mallyner
August 2, 2020, 8:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Currently 3-1 up with 15 minutes left at Wembley.
Ex Mariners in the Notts side not doing the biz. Mitch Rose, Wes Thomas, Kris Dennis not impressive

Nice away trip next season?

Oooh Betty's.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 46
moosey_club
August 2, 2020, 8:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,242
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Mallyner

Oooh Betty's.  

i think Betty's get bigger crowds than the football team most days.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 46
Abdul19
August 2, 2020, 9:33pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
There are no pubs nearby to the ground and its a tiny ground.  Will we all get in?

There was one 5 minutes walk away last time. Loads in the town centre too, which can only be 10 or 15 minutes away.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harrogate Town

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.