Grimsby's worst ever moments

This thread currently has 11,784 views. Print
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
WhyAlwaysUs
July 3, 2020, 9:39am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +11
Hi all. I hope you don't mind me invading the forum.
I run a podcast called Why Always Us where we speak to fans of a different club each week about all the biggest injustices that have ever happened to their team - on or off the field.

This weekend we're recording with two Grimsby Town supporters and so I wanted to ask you to list your top 3 worst in this thread, so I can ask our guests about any that they don't happen to bring up.

We're looking for terrible referee decisions, off field debacles and anything else where you think the football gods have it in for you or 'that could only happen to Grimsby' For example, our QPR fans mentioned a dodgy goal in a game that didn't even involve them that ended up getting them relegated, Everton had the outbreak of 2 world wars that broke up their championship winning teams. As a Spurs fan I'll never forget the disallowed goal at old trafford that was about 5 yards over the line.

If you're interested i will post the link to the episode in this thread once it's recorded. Thanks!

Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
July 3, 2020, 9:56am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,952
Gold Stars: 188

Injustices:

Didn't go myself but the bra searches at Stevenage have to be up there.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-40992174

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 87
cmackenzie4
July 3, 2020, 10:12am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.30
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,296
Gold Stars: 33
The worst moment for me being a town fan is when we got relegated to non league.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 87
lew chaterleys lover
July 3, 2020, 10:39am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,499
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from WhyAlwaysUs
Hi all. I hope you don't mind me invading the forum.
I run a podcast called Why Always Us where we speak to fans of a different club each week about all the biggest injustices that have ever happened to their team - on or off the field.

This weekend we're recording with two Grimsby Town supporters and so I wanted to ask you to list your top 3 worst in this thread, so I can ask our guests about any that they don't happen to bring up.

We're looking for terrible referee decisions, off field debacles and anything else where you think the football gods have it in for you or 'that could only happen to Grimsby' For example, our QPR fans mentioned a dodgy goal in a game that didn't even involve them that ended up getting them relegated, Everton had the outbreak of 2 world wars that broke up their championship winning teams. As a Spurs fan I'll never forget the disallowed goal at old trafford that was about 5 yards over the line.

If you're interested i will post the link to the episode in this thread once it's recorded. Thanks!

Before our time but World War Two for breaking up our best ever side which finished 5th in England's Premier league of the time and appeared in two FA Cup semi finals, the second of which is famous for the biggest crowd ever seen at Old Trafford a record which stands to this day.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 87
jaygy
July 3, 2020, 11:09am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Ross Joyce not sending off Will puddy for handling a goalbound effort outside of his box early on in the 2015 play off final because he didnt want to ruin the game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 87
Abdul19
July 3, 2020, 11:11am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,431
Gold Stars: 212
Scott Neilson's red card at Gateshead in the playoff semi final. The worst decision I've ever seen.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 87
Mallyner
July 3, 2020, 11:17am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 22
I think my worst injustice was when we played Bristol Rovers in the Conference play off final in May 2015, when after being 1-0 up after 2 minutes, the Mariners continued to press and Rovers goalkeeper Puddy blatantly handled Ollie Palmer's shot outside the area and was only given a yellow card.

I can't find reference to it, but I seem to recall that the ref said he didn't want to ruin the game at such an early stage.

Bristol then went on to equalise and won on penalties, meaning we were back in the Conference the next season.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 87
WhyAlwaysUs
July 3, 2020, 11:17am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +11
Quoted from promotion plaice

Injustices:

Didn't go myself but the bra searches at Stevenage have to be up there.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-40992174

Wow that's awful!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 87
Mallyner
July 3, 2020, 11:19am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from jaygy
Ross Joyce not sending off Will puddy for handling a goalbound effort outside of his box early on in the 2015 play off final because he didnt want to ruin the game

You posted this when I was typing mine, so great minds think alike.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 87
Mallyner
July 3, 2020, 11:20am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19
Scott Neilson's red card at Gateshead in the playoff semi final. The worst decision I've ever seen.

I agree with that one too.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 87
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Grimsby's worst ever moments

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.