9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Yossarian
July 7, 2020, 5:40pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,073
Gold Stars: 18
Poojah - I too was totally wiped out by that result.  I just thought "oh god, we need to start this whole process again next season".  Usually I can get over results pretty quickly but this just festered for weeks.  

However,  I remember leaving the stadium and the sheer determination between the fans was incredible - you could feel that something was brewing that would carrying us through the next season.

Having said that, my bottom lip was wobbling a bit when that last Bristol penalty went in!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 87
moosey_club
July 7, 2020, 6:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
another one that sprang back to the front of my mind today was that Jordan Cook free kick being disallowed at Salford.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 87
Abdul19
July 7, 2020, 6:29pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Possibly Matt Green's last League 2 goal involvement.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 87
WhyAlwaysUs
July 10, 2020, 4:24pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +11
Hello again.
Here's the links to the episode if people are interested. Didn't have time to talk about all the suggestions here but thanks very much for all the replies. And I agree that handball not being a red is a complete joke.

Itunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/es/.....7d0f8b39c55d9e62ed86

Acast: https://shows.acast.com/why-always-us/episodes/grimsby-town-handball-hitler-chicken

Feel free to weigh in with anything we missed over on our twitter @whyalwaysuspod

Also available on most other podcast platforms and Spotify. I'd be delighted to get some feedback if you want to leave a review on itunes or just post below.. I hope we managed to do Grimsby some justice and that you continue listening when we cover other clubs.

Thanks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 87
TheRealJohnLewis
July 10, 2020, 7:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
I'm shocked that our fan's forum wasn't up there as one of the worst moments...

Private Message
Reply: 84 - 87
Youngy
July 11, 2020, 3:14am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Leyton Orient got a late winner at Oxford, so the Northampton equaliser was irrelevent. We wouldn't have won promotion if we had beaten Northampton.

That boils down to one moment for me, Bank Holiday Monday at Leyton Orient. Last minute, Marc Goodfellow pretty much has an open goal and spanners it. Put's that away and we have the momentum and it might just have stunted Orient's challenge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 87
Abdul19
July 11, 2020, 10:28am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
If we hadn't won 2 of the last 9, if Slades hadn't made a needless substitution just before Rickie Lambert scored from a corner, if the away form hadn't fallen off a cliff in the second half of the season, if you do x,y and z bob's your uncle etc etc.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 87
Manchester Mariner
July 11, 2020, 6:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from WhyAlwaysUs
Hello again.
Here's the links to the episode if people are interested. Didn't have time to talk about all the suggestions here but thanks very much for all the replies. And I agree that handball not being a red is a complete joke.

Itunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/es/.....7d0f8b39c55d9e62ed86

Acast: https://shows.acast.com/why-always-us/episodes/grimsby-town-handball-hitler-chicken

Feel free to weigh in with anything we missed over on our twitter @whyalwaysuspod

Also available on most other podcast platforms and Spotify. I'd be delighted to get some feedback if you want to leave a review on itunes or just post below.. I hope we managed to do Grimsby some justice and that you continue listening when we cover other clubs.

Thanks

A good listen this. I enjoyed Lloyd Griffiths's comprehensive explanation of our major shareholder to a non-town fan.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 87
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Grimsby's worst ever moments

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.