2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Heswall Mariner
July 2, 2020, 1:09pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +583
Gold Stars: 29
Does anyone out there know the current situation with Vernam, Wright & Clarke?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mariner16
July 2, 2020, 1:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +478
Gold Stars: 4
According to Humberside

Clarke rejected his offer

Still talking to Vernam

Wright nearest of the 3 to sign
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
Boris Johnson
July 2, 2020, 1:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Clarke has rejected a deal....bad news, but if he thinks he can gte more cash elsewhere, good lukc to him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
GollyGTFC
July 2, 2020, 1:28pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,915
Gold Stars: 343
I think we have an option on Vernam for another year which we've taken. Presumably they are trying to tie him down for longer?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 18
Son of Cod
July 2, 2020, 1:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,310
Gold Stars: 196
So many of Radio Humberside's ITK posts/Tweets about our transfers turn out to be balderdash so hopefully this is another one they've got wrong with Clarke. It's shite that the most senior sports reporter for them is constantly throwing out "I'm hearing..." Tweets. It's his job to report on what's happened, not what he's heard.

Quoted from GollyGTFC
I think we have an option on Vernam for another year which we've taken. Presumably they are trying to tie him down for longer?

Apparently, talks are ongoing on that...which I don't get. If we have the option then what are they discussing?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
monkeyboy
July 2, 2020, 1:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
Could be offers from other clubs so could be trying to balance out a deal to match.
In Clarkes case he could be waiting to see if something closer to home comes up or a longer deal, hes no spring Chicken so may want to try and get a wage for his last couple of years
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
GollyGTFC
July 2, 2020, 1:53pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,915
Gold Stars: 343
Quoted from monkeyboy
Could be offers from other clubs so could be trying to balance out a deal to match.
In Clarkes case he could be waiting to see if something closer to home comes up or a longer deal, hes no spring Chicken so may want to try and get a wage for his last couple of years

Or we offered him 75% of what he was given in January?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 18
Youngy
July 2, 2020, 4:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Son of Cod
So many of Radio Humberside's ITK posts/Tweets about our transfers turn out to be balderdash so hopefully this is another one they've got wrong with Clarke. It's shite that the most senior sports reporter for them is constantly throwing out "I'm hearing..." Tweets. It's his job to report on what's happened, not what he's heard.

Apparently, talks are ongoing on that...which I don't get. If we have the option then what are they discussing?

I would imagine the club want to tie him down for longer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
Madeleymariner
July 2, 2020, 5:04pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +24 / -14
Approval: +2,986
Gold Stars: 49
Its not only a reporters job to report news nowadays its also their job to create media interest in themselves and other subjects, why do you think you get endless speculation about reality stars/footballers  thats a load of b0ll0ks but they rarely sue anyone. as its exposure for the celebs and it sells papers/magazines and gets hits on websites/twatter etc. thus increasing advertising revenue etc, Its just a big merry-go-round of trying to fill space.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
diehardmariner
July 3, 2020, 10:19am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +16,984
Gold Stars: 517
Clarke was always going to be a touch-and-go one I think.

Good player, good pedigree and anyone with half a brain could see from his appearances here that he's still got it.  Looked absolute class for us.

Current situation means we're probably not offering as much as we could have done previously, he'll no doubt be travelling in so that's extra expense.  The whole lockdown thing has probably put a lot into perspective for some players, especially those with young families.  It may be that he doesn't want to spend 3 hours a day driving when that's time he could spend at home.

Really hope we can come to a deal with him as he was probably my favourite player to watch under Holloway so far.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Contract Options

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.