2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
July 3, 2020, 12:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
In the current climate, it's pretty likely that we are offering quite a lot less than he's used to. Personally, I would rather we wait for younger players from higher leagues.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
monkeyboy
July 3, 2020, 1:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
I would imagine now they are planning to start the league at the end of August that Mr Holloway will be talking to quite a few targets.
As far as im aware hes down south most of the time at the minute so may be he begins in earnest when he gets back up here.
Could be a few young gems from darn sarth coming up this way.
Pappas get ready to sell the town to them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
Nutsy
July 3, 2020, 2:30pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +139
Gold Stars: 5
Clarke was an exciting pro, but as said younger players are being released, and we have players like Vernam, Tilley, Wright etc, we have exciting prospects.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
Hagrid
July 3, 2020, 2:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,373
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from Nutsy
Clarke was an exciting pro, but as said younger players are being released, and we have players like Vernam, Tilley, Wright etc, we have exciting prospects.

we dont

they havent signed on yet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
Posh Harry
July 3, 2020, 3:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,351
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Son of Cod
So many of Radio Humberside's ITK posts/Tweets about our transfers turn out to be balderdash so hopefully this is another one they've got wrong with Clarke. It's shite that the most senior sports reporter for them is constantly throwing out "I'm hearing..." Tweets. It's his job to report on what's happened, not what he's heard.

Apparently, talks are ongoing on that...which I don't get. If we have the option then what are they discussing?

If everyone has taken a 25% salary reduction then they might be trying to get Vernam to do the same, but I can only imagine that this may mean the year option we have is no longer in our favour as it probably breaks the agreement within that contract which probably is on at least the same salary basis as his current deal.

Vernam’s stock is currently higher than its ever been, and may well ever be, so you can’t blame him for trying to get as much money as his can. Let’s hope the Holloway factor swings it, because it has been under Holloway he has really started to flourish.

UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
pen penfras
July 3, 2020, 4:10pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -129
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Posh Harry

If everyone has taken a 25% salary reduction then they might be trying to get Vernam to do the same, but I can only imagine that this may mean the year option we have is no longer in our favour as it probably breaks the agreement within that contract which probably is on at least the same salary basis as his current deal.

Vernam’s stock is currently higher than its ever been, and may well ever be, so you can’t blame him for trying to get as much money as his can. Let’s hope the Holloway factor swings it, because it has been under Holloway he has really started to flourish.

UTMM

I can't imagine AC Milan are looking at him anymore...

He had 6 fantastic games in 2 and a half years. I'm not sure he actually deserves a big pay increase for that record. It just so happens that those 6 games were at the end of last season, but there's every possibility that he could go back to being anonymous, and if I was him, I'd seriously consider that being under a manager that allowed him to produce his best form might be the best way to go, because he hasn't played well enough for long enough to justify anybody paying big money for him. Of course, there may be some club with more money than sense taking a gamble, but I think there are good deals with proven players to be had before Charles Vernam enters their thinking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 3, 2020, 8:21pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 117
I was led to believe that the 25% paycut was only until training resumes and then they are back on full whack by the time the season starts again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
golfer
July 3, 2020, 9:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,424
Gold Stars: 115
If they are back at work they get full pay
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
toontown
July 3, 2020, 9:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,258
Gold Stars: 70
Yeah if back at work full pay so that speculation is barking up the wrong tree. Probably negotiating over a longer extension?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Contract Options

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.