Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 265 Guests

Just back (merged)

This thread currently has 15,430 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
monkeyboy
February 29, 2020, 6:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
I’m not saying Hanson not good enough I just think injuries may force his retirement. I may get crosses for staying some players need to be gone but realistically how am I wrong? Let’s face it each and every one of them will be playing for contracts and some clearly not lighting the world up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 81
sam gy
February 29, 2020, 6:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
I think Hewitt has more than stood up to the challenge when called upon. Just a shame for him that Hendrie is his competition. Certainly good enough for a squad player.

Whitehouse has been very good since Holloway came in. Has played some incisive passes too.

Clifton absolutely good enough for the squad and time on his side to push on.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 81
gtfc82
February 29, 2020, 6:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Usual pile of crap from the moaners after an off day. We're definitely not good enough to challenge yet but then again how many chances did we create at the end of the first half against a team that is in the play offs? Only Grandin's selfishness and poor finishing prevented us from scoring at least one. Admittedly we didn't turn up for the second half and Ollie's changes just didn't work. I didn't understand the change in system as we had them on the back foot before half time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 81
moosey_club
February 29, 2020, 6:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
oh and one positive from the post match interview...Holloway taking some blame for the number of changes and for maybe sending out a side that may struggle with the physicality of the opposition.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 81
February 29, 2020, 7:01pm
Guest User
Northampton were effective. The ref was a cheat. The ball stuck in the mud and we were poor. I call the ref a cheat because he allowed time wasting and their game management tactics which is cheating the fans. Funny how they announced man of the match, was there one. Under Ollie have enjoyed more matches. Bring Scunthorpe on. UTMM.
Reply: 14 - 81
February 29, 2020, 7:02pm
Guest User
Quoted from sam gy
I think Hewitt has more than stood up to the challenge when called upon. Just a shame for him that Hendrie is his competition. Certainly good enough for a squad player.

Whitehouse has been very good since Holloway came in. Has played some incisive passes too.

Clifton absolutely good enough for the squad and time on his side to push on.

Agree.
Reply: 15 - 81
marinerjase
February 29, 2020, 7:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,649
Gold Stars: 147
Quoted from dicko995
HaHa, it makes you wonder. Maybe the new ground and O;;ies talk talk is better than results. A lot on here have got their God taken away and its back to reality.

Mr male private..the mentality of wanting someone to fail, and wait for every opportunity to slag them/slate them is really rather pathetic. It’s been done before - still is by another member of this forum - it’s nothing new - you don’t get awards for saying ‘told you so’ etc etc when a manager loses a job/walks away - because they all do at some point, whether successful or unsuccessful.

But humour me..give me another of your pearls of wisdom and tell me who you’d rather have as manager and/or what you’d do differently. I’m sure most will be on the edge of their seat, waiting expectedly for the knowledgeable one to tell all how it’s done..

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 81
Rodley Mariner
February 29, 2020, 7:12pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
I thought they looked handy. Strong, athletic, played a bit, committed players forward when they broke which they did at pace. We played some decent stuff first half but we never settled into the second half with the changes made. Felt we lacked a bit of physicality in midfield and losing Hanson always makes a big difference. Write it off as a bad day and hopefully a decent performance to come on Tuesday so we're back on track before next Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 81
ginnywings
February 29, 2020, 7:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from marinerjase

Mr male private..the mentality of wanting someone to fail, and wait for every opportunity to slag them/slate them is really rather pathetic. It’s been done before - still is by another member of this forum - it’s nothing new - you don’t get awards for saying ‘told you so’ etc etc when a manager loses a job/walks away - because they all do at some point, whether successful or unsuccessful.

But humour me..give me another of your pearls of wisdom and tell me who you’d rather have as manager and/or what you’d do differently. I’m sure most will be on the edge of their seat, waiting expectedly for the knowledgeable one to tell all how it’s done..

Aye, makes me laugh. On my way out of the ground today, there was a guy vociferously telling a steward how Ollie got it completely wrong and what he should have done/who he should have played. Someone passing asked him how many football league games he had played or managed.  

In other news, Watford are dicking Liverpool 3-0. Even the World Club Champions, Champions League Winners and de facto Premier League Champions have off days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 81
arryarryarry
February 29, 2020, 7:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from monkeyboy
Starting to look at who will be going and there’s a few.
Green is at best urine poor and has no control and can’t pass.
Clifton and whitehouse are on the verge of not good enough.
Ohman gone backwards.
Hanson to retire.
Rose got to go.
New keeper needed.
Hewit garbage.
Wright needs another year but jury out for me.
Caldwell already at the door.

That’s 9 there I won’t lose sleep over.

Will always fully support them when playing but I’m pretty sure Ollie knows who is not great

Agree about Green and Clifton, not been a big fan of Whitehouse but I thought we missed him today. Also agree about Ohman, can't see him lasting the season.

Hewitt another one who I thought wasn't good enough but I thought he had played well the last 2 games.

I would have much preferred Rose up front than Green.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.